Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Heneage

Even against us in the friendly, Amrabat and Dzusdzak have far more potential iyam.

Erm, Afellay didn't play against us in the friendly

Yes he did.... In fact I'm sure he scored one of the goals. The 2-2 when Guthrie scored in our purple kit.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Pires at Villa. Wonder if we even sniffed at the idea. Sure his pace is shot now, but he'll still have some talent about him.

Pires at Villa. Wonder if we even sniffed at the idea. Sure his pace is shot now, but he'll still have some talent about him.

I'm not sure, he had a few decent seasons at Villarreal, but he looked pretty finished this last year. And the PL is way more physical than La Liga, where technique alone will tide you over a long way.

Why would you leave [insert club here] for Man City?

Oh yeah, greed.

Clarified that for you.

For some players it is a genuine step-up though, Johnson and Boateng come to mind.

I know, I was being simplistic. It's almost as much of a risk for the players you mention though, they could easily find themselves as permanent reserves (as Given and Johnson are finding).

I would recommend Man City to any players at the moment really, unless they're purely motivated by money.

I'm not sure, he had a few decent seasons at Villarreal, but he looked pretty finished this last year. And the PL is way more physical than La Liga, where technique alone will tide you over a long way.

We need bodies, our injury list is currently beyond belief.

At the least he's an option. He's also going to be useful to mentor people like Albrighton and Bannan.

Guest Heneage

He played great there when (i think it was) Sven in charge.

He did yes, he was also very ordinary. Got dragged out of position far too many times - his pace saved him a lot.

This.

Remember numerous times he was saved purely because he possess fantastic pace.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is lining up an £8m move for Newcastle defender Jose Enrique and he is also keeping tabs on Magpies striker Andy Carroll. (News of the World)

:harry: