Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Oba on loan would have been a decent move for us. Certainly would have given us another good option up front.

I would have loved to see him back here, decent partner for Carroll as well.

:no:  Martins is a bad footballer that shows once every 10 games a glimpse of talent.  Headless chicken and no footballing brain.

Exactamundo.

Oba on loan would have been a decent move for us. Certainly would have given us another good option up front.

I would have loved to see him back here, decent partner for Carroll as well.

:no:  Martins is a bad footballer that shows once every 10 games a glimpse of talent.  Headless chicken and no footballing brain.

Watched him at Rubin a few times and all he did was run about. I thought he was playing in midfield.

I broke the news at 4am in the morning.  :smug:

Thta means you are our new ITK. We are relying on you now.... are we or are we not going to sign Messi in this transfer window?

We already have 2 Argentinians in our team, so it's pretty much a certainly that we'll get him.

Guest neesy111

Martins and the 08/09 season is the past for me, don't care what any of those players who still is'nt at the club are doing, they can fuck of, we got men in the squad today instead of those puffs

Agreed, remember his disappearing act v Stoke.

Oba is a little shit who stopped caring as soon as we started to struggle, only beaten by Owen in a marathon hide-and-go-seek in the second half of the 08/09 season. Take pens with your strongest foot you fucking mong.

Martins and the 08/09 season is the past for me, don't care what any of those players who still is'nt at the club are doing, they can f*** of, we got men in the squad today instead of those puffs

Agreed, remember his disappearing act minus 5 minutes a season.

FYP.

In short, Martins was sh***

I'd hate to have ANY of those players back. Are any of them better off for leaving? No. Is the club better off for them leaving? Yes.

Guest neesy111

Oba is a little shit who stopped caring as soon as we started to struggle, only beaten by Owen in a marathon hide-and-go-seek in the second half of the 08/09 season. Take pens with your strongest foot you fucking mong.

That penalty v Arsenal, bloody hell.

Guest neesy111

I'd hate to have ANY of those players back. Are any of them better off for leaving? No. Is the club better off for them leaving? Yes.

:thup:

Agree 100%, we had a striker force of Owen, Martins and Viduka costing around £250k a week in wages.  £14M a year.  They scored less than Nolan and Carroll this season.

If David Edgar never left, we would never had signed Perch.  :angry:

What's he doing now anyway? Last time I saw he wasn't getting on the bench at Burnley.

Guest neesy111

That penalty v Arsenal, bloody hell.

i was sitting in east stand that day, so i can remember that like yesterday

Aye, I was in Level 7.  Never seen such a weak it penalty in my life.

Let us be fair - he could take hard hit penalties too. There's that one he belted out of Goodison Park, which was still travelling two years after it left his boot and was last seen stopping for coffee at Watford Gap services.

Absolute madness that we haven't shown interest.

Why? He couldnt be arsed when he was here the first time and the fact he keeps on moving clubs would suggest his attitude hasnt changed since.

Wonder what reaction our fans will give to seeing him again.. is he classed as one of the ship jumpers ?

Thinl he'll get a good booing. Probably wishes he stayed now.

I heard he sobbed like a baby when he was sold.. dunno how true it is but story went he really really wanted to stay and was crushed when he was told he would be sold to ease the wage bill.

Guest neesy111

Wonder what reaction our fans will give to seeing him again.. is he classed as one of the ship jumpers ?

Thinl he'll get a good booing. Probably wishes he stayed now.

I heard he sobbed like a baby when he was sold.. dunno how true it is but story went he really really wanted to stay and was crushed when he was told he would be sold to ease the wage bill.

Clearly was going to miss the Quayside and his 80k wages.  If he had his heart in the club, then it didn't show on the football field.

He's the sort of player they need. I feel the main reason Birmingham have regressed is having no 'spark' upfront (Chucho last season)  and having a lot of slow/strong forwards - Zigic, Jerome, Derbyshire and ancient Phillips is quite a predictable array of forwards. Alright, players like Oba and Chucho are unpredictable and can be utterly shite beyond reason at times, but they shit defenders up.