Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest kingdawson

If we sign both Bentley and Arshavin, then it definately looks like we'll play 1 up top next season, and also that we probably wont get a dm, unless it's a cheap option like Albelda.

Is that 1 Bent because Arshavin can't play up to alone.

Yep Bent or a new striker.

i hope to God we sign some player soon, not because im worried, just to shut the Mackems up at work!!! All of a sudden they are pushing for the top 8 and we are going to be in a relegation battle!! Aghghghg! There's no arguing with them either, they really believe it!!  :rant:

??? Now where have i heard that type of talk before??

Guest neesy111

http://ajaximages.com/imagebank/flex/image/medium/ajax/commercial/2008-2009%20Season/New%20Contracts/08-07-29%20Contr%20Oleguer%200003.jpg

not a bad signing for ajax, not the greatest of defenders, but some1 with experience of playing at the top (barca)

Guest kingdawson

http://ajaximages.com/imagebank/flex/image/medium/ajax/commercial/2008-2009%20Season/New%20Contracts/08-07-29%20Contr%20Oleguer%200003.jpg

not a bad signing for ajax, not the greatest of defenders, but some1 with experience of playing at the top (barca)

Sorry but he is junk. Ajax should be aiming for much higher.

Sorry but he is junk. Ajax should be aiming for much higher.

Ajax also linked with Marquez so they are.

Guest kingdawson

Graham Roberts (ex Spurs) on TalkSPORT saying Berbatov refused to sit on the bench for Spurs last night.

This is indeed true altough some say it was a calf strain.

Graham Roberts (ex Spurs) on TalkSPORT saying Berbatov refused to sit on the bench for Spurs last night.

It's not his fault he doesn't like sitting on benches, give the lad a chair ffs.

Burnley have signed Chris Eagles from Manchester United for an undisclosed fee. The young midfielder has agreed a three-year contract at Turf Moor.

Quite surprising that they got him permanently.

Burnley have signed Chris Eagles from Manchester United for an undisclosed fee. The young midfielder has agreed a three-year contract at Turf Moor.

Quite surprising that they got him permanently.

He will be 23 by the end of the year, sure he would have got a chance by now if Sir Alex wanted him to stay.

Guest kingdawson

Talksport and Setanta reporting that a fee for Bentley has been agreed and he's currently at the spurs lodge.

Guest kingdawson

KD, Whats the feeling on Spurs boards about the inbalance in your signings, ie signing so many midfielders when it appears you need forwards and defenders?

I honestly think it leads to a 4-5-1 formation next season, which i am very happy about. As i said before, if we sign Bentley and Arshavin, i really can't see us getting in a dm (unless it's a cheap option). Those signings as well as no dm, probably leads to..

------------------------------Jenas------------Modric---------------------------

---------------Bentley--------------Arshavin-------------Gio------------------

---------------------------------------Bent/new----------------------------------

A dm will probably see Modric playing as 1 of the advanced 3 and Gio on the bench (doubt it though as he's been outstanding in pre season).

I still think we'll bring in 1 or 2 strikers (depending on Berbs situation).

KD, Whats the feeling on Spurs boards about the inbalance in your signings, ie signing so many midfielders when it appears you need forwards and defenders?

I honestly think it leads to a 4-5-1 formation next season, which i am very happy about. As i said before, if we sign Bentley and Arshavin, i really can't see us getting in a dm (unless it's a cheap option). Those signings as well as no dm, probably leads to..

------------------------------Jenas------------Modric---------------------------

---------------------------------------Bent/new----------------------------------

A dm will probably see Modric playing as 1 of the advanced 3 and Gio on the bench (doubt it though as he's been outstanding in pre season).

What makes you think Ramos would suddenly fancy Bent though? He hardly got a sniff last season did he?

Guest kingdawson

What makes you think Ramos would suddenly fancy Bent though? He hardly got a sniff last season did he?

He did get some games here and there last season. Think Ramos knows full well that Bent operates better as a lone striker. He's been red hot in pre season (scored 4 yesterday) and i think he has a big role to play next season.

You'd think getting in a good DM which Spurs lack imo would come first over spending £18 million on a minor improvement on what they have already on the right. Presuming therefore that Spurs will probs have somebody else in the pipeline otherwise their midfield will be as light as paper.