Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest trainer

If any Arshavin or Veloso sign then Spurs may genuinely break into the top 4.

;D IMO i think Keane is a massive loss, i agree with others that the fee paid by liverpool was a lot, however i think they will find it very hard to replace someone of his quality and influence. Veloso massively overated

Tbh i thought Spurs had a very good partnership in Keane and Berb, getting rid of them and replacing them with basically unproven players in a huge gamble. It would be interesting to see how many goals berb and keane have scored when both have started up front together.

Arshavin does look like a good player but unproven in the premiership.

IMO they r replacing all the wrong players, they had a very good attack but lacked strength and steel in midfield and defence. They wont finish top 4 because the top 4 will be the same top 4 as the past few seasons.

Guest kingdawson

Who else is leaving Spurs then? Or are they going for the good old 40-man squad routine?

I've stated a couple of pages back who will leave, or rumoured to leave.

Guest kingdawson

we've completly conned them tbh. Thanks for the £19 mill rising to £20.3 mill you stupid idiots.

Who you expecting to replace him with?

Hopefully Pandev, but he's more a replacement for Berbatov. Arshavin, Milito, sant cruz, are all good shouts.

Guest Flair

Tbh i thought Spurs had a very good partnership in Keane and Berb, getting rid of them and replacing them with basically unproven players in a huge gamble. It would be interesting to see how many goals berb and keane have scored when both have started up front together.

IMO they r replacing all the wrong players, they had a very good attack but lacked strength and steel in midfield and defence. They wont finish top 4 because the top 4 will be the same top 4 as the past few seasons.

Gomes

Hutton King Woodgate Bale

Lennon Modric Zakora Arshavin      

Berbatov/Malito/Eto'o Dos Santos  

Top 4 looking team? Yes

Who else is leaving Spurs then? Or are they going for the good old 40-man squad routine?

We want to hear it from someone ITK. Oh wait, you're a Spurs fan.

Guest kingdawson

Ermm i stated the players that were linked with moves away by the tabloids. quite simple really.

Eh?

Eh?

They're all ITK like, supposedly. Wasn't a dig at KD, but Spurs fans generally.

Good deal for Spuds that, I'm not convinced that Keane has that many more good seasons in him, I think he speaked with spuds the year before last.

What did he say?

Bloody hell what's up with my typing today :)

Gomes

Hutton King Woodgate Bale

Lennon Modric Zakora Arshavin      

Berbatov/Malito/Eto'o Dos Santos  

Top 4 looking team? Yes

I don't know. I don't think this year. Their defence is still not as good as it could be (and probably can't be expected to stay fit), and if this is the team they go forward with, they're seriously lacking Premiership experience. But they're making good moves that could definately see them there in a season or two.

Guest Jimminy Cricket

Spurs will find it hard to replace Keane.

No way will Arshavin or Veloso go there either.....Ramos is a very good manager and they seem to be moving in the right direction but those are CL players, they'll move to CL clubs!

fair enough we have Barton, but the mackems are gonna be well hated next season with those horrible little c***s Diouf and Chimbonda in the team.

As much as I whine like a big girl's blouse about our lack of spending this summer. I wouldn't take anyone of the Mackems new boys. I don't think the horrible little man has learnt a thing in the transfer market. They'll not go down but at the same time, they'll be nothing for anyone to worry about.

fair enough we have Barton, but the mackems are gonna be well hated next season with those horrible little c***s Diouf and Chimbonda in the team.

As much as I whine like a big girl's blouse about our lack of spending this summer. I wouldn't take anyone of the Mackems new boys. I don't think the horrible little man has learnt a thing in the transfer market. They'll not go down but at the same time, they'll be nothing for anyone to worry about.

Yeah, but if Keane can keep them from being relegated for a couple seasons, he'll be seen as a miracle worker and  can get a better job. So, he's probably doing the job he needs to do.

Yeah, but if Keane can keep them from being relegated for a couple seasons, he'll be seen as a miracle worker and  can get a better job. So, he's probably doing the job he needs to do.

TBH spending somewhere in the region 75million over two years should have made that a given.

So say there is a modicum of truth in Jol's claims, they will have a side something like:

Gomes

Hutton

Woodgate

King

Bale

Bentley

Veloso

Modric

Dos Santos

Arshavin

Milito

Looks good on paper but a defense that is made of glass, a midfield that looks fragile defensively and an untested strike force could be a problem.

TBH spending somewhere in the region 75million over two years should have made that a given.

There's some stinking irony in that post somewhere.