Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Unless Milan gave them the £30 million back then Kenyon's reasoning is complete and utter s***, actually even if they had (which they most definitely didn't) he still wasn't even worth the wages they paid him..

He has a valid argument used out of context in those quotes.  He says when you sign a player it's an investment.  If you sign someone at say 28 and sell him when he's 32 you'd expect to make a loss but provided he's added value to the team and done well it's a good decision and was worth the investment.  He's trying to argue that about Sheva which is pointless as he cleary didnt add that much value including his wages.

Unless Milan gave them the £30 million back then Kenyon's reasoning is complete and utter s***, actually even if they had (which they most definitely didn't) he still wasn't even worth the wages they paid him..

He has a valid argument used out of context in those quotes.  He says when you sign a player it's an investment.  If you sign someone at say 28 and sell him when he's 32 you'd expect to make a loss but provided he's added value to the team and done well it's a good decision and was worth the investment.  He's trying to argue that about Sheva which is pointless as he cleary didnt add that much value including his wages.

Of course I understand that, but like I said in Shevchenko's case the argument would only work if they actually got the £30 million back, and even then it would be arguable that he wasn't even worth his wages alone.

Guest optimistic nit

He means the argument in general is valid just not valid in Shevcheko's case.

does that really need to be said? ;)

Guest sicko2ndbest

I have got to congratulate Sunderland this window.

Not on the quality of players they have brought in, but their relationship with the media in terms of keeping the fans informed. Keane must speak to the press 2-3 times a week to give fans an update on progress

Take note MA/KK

Guest sicko2ndbest

Man City have a very good starting 11 now

..........................Hart.....................

Corluka...Richards...Dunne...Kompany/BenHaim

SWP.......Richards.....Hamann......Petrov

.........................Elano.........................

............................Jo..............................

Potential to break into top 4?

Spending this window:

Ben Haim 5m

SWP 10M

Jo 20m

Kompany 7m

42m added onto the 35-40m last summer

Take note MA

I have got to congratulate Sunderland this window.

Not on the quality of players they have brought in, but their relationship with the media in terms of keeping the fans informed. Keane must speak to the press 2-3 times a week to give fans an update on progress

Take note MA/KK

One of the biggest/only criticisms of Keane that the Sunderland fans have is his "We'll have four new players in within the next 24 hours" followed by one solitary signing a week later.

I like the way we're doing things now. Yes, it's boring but it's preferable to the dirge Baron Greenback came out with.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Stop telling Mike Ashley to 'take note' of teams like Sunderland because they never shut up and Man City because their owner will cripple them financially with the way he's spending.

Take note Fatwax

f*** off  :razz:

What has Sunderland really done that has impressed you?

Pascal Chimbonda + Teemu Taino + Steed Malbranque - £20M ?

El Hadji Diouf - £2.5M

David Healy - £1.2M

Anton Ferdinand - £8M

Djibril Cisse - Loan

Another summer of heavy spending, and none of them is outstanding signing. These players will keep Sunderland in the Premiership, but I am not impressed with this effort.

Sunderland now have a huuuge squad. Roy Keane is not the most patient person - he may snap soon one day if he finds these bunch of medicore players difficult to manage, tame and improve.

Take out a massive loan and spend it, no matter who its spent on the big numbers will make idiots happy, take note Mike Ashley! :lol:

BTW that team has absolutely not top 4 potential, the forward line is weak as piss.

Guest sicko2ndbest

What has Sunderland really done that has impressed you?

Pascal Chimbonda + Teemu Taino + Steed Malbranque - £20M ?

El Hadji Diouf - £2.5M

David Healy - £1.2M

Anton Ferdinand - £8M

Djibril Cisse - Loan

Another summer of heavy spending, and none of them is outstanding signing. These players will keep Sunderland in the Premiership, but I am not impressed with this effort.

Sunderland now have a huuuge squad. Roy Keane is not the most patient person - he may snap soon one day if he finds these bunch of medicore players difficult to manage, tame and improve.

Read what i said again. I'm not commenting the quality of their signings i am commenting on how well they have kept their fans informed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Take out a massive loan and spend it, no matter who its spent on the big numbers will make idiots happy, take note Mike Ashley! :lol:

BTW that team has absolutely not top 4 potential, the forward line is weak as piss.

Jo and Elano, 2 brazilian internationals, yeh your right, wank!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Elano is a very inconsistent midfielder and Jo is new to the league and light weight.

OK I agree on that point, but potentially it is as good as anything. Elano will know what to expect in his second season so might not go missing in the winter and Jo has all the attributes to be a success

Benjani is no slouch either

Elano is a very inconsistent midfielder and Jo is new to the league and light weight.

Disagree, think he's quality.

He's definitely quality sometimes, but he is inconsistent.  Not saying he's a bad player, I'd have him here at the moment, just saying that him and Jo up front doesn't scream top 4 to me.

Guest sicko2ndbest

sicko you're embarrassing yourself.

Optomyst, the fact that you have a username that is a rip off of somebody elses means you are a fake, therefore insignificant

On the contrary - I have been very impressed by David Moyes. Perhaps all of you will disagree, but these are how I feel:

1. Everton first waned to sign ONLY quality players who will be a true improvement of their current players. Joao Moutinho, Manuel Fernandes, Andreis Arshavin, Stephen M'Bia etc - these are quality signings. At the end of the day Everton find these players too pricey, they can't afford them. Fair enough, so how now ?

2. Instead of going signing bunch of medicore players with medium-small-ish transfer fees which would be costly if accumulated, David Moyes now signs free transfers with short contracts and loans. Lars Jacobsen - free, Obinna - loan. Everton so nearly signed Tiago on a loan. Steven Pienaar was only signed after he proved to be useful on loan. So was Mikel Arteta. Everton signed a keeper on a free last season for 1 year contract, and now he is gone because he wasn't good enough. These loaness and frees - if they are good enough they stay. If they are not - easy riddance.

In effect David Moyes is operating a very low risk transfer policy. Everton's squad is small but it is not too small as people make up to be. Joleon Lecott, Phil Jagielka, Phil Neville, Mikel Arteta, Steven Pienaar are versatile players. Everton still retains the their whole defense. They are still lacking in firepower but they had done Ok with virtually the same attackers. Andy Johnson is gone, but Everton received good money for him, and there are James Vaughan and Victor Anibeche waiting in the wings to replace them.

Howard

Jacorbson, Hibbert, Yobo, Lescott, Baines, Jagielka, Valente

Arteta, Neville, Cahill, Rodwell, Osman

Yakubu, Vaughan, Anibeche,  Baxter

Everton has a really small squad no doubt, but huge credits go to Moyes who refuses to panic and waste money. I am sure Moyes will go on and sign a few more loans and freebies, then Everton will be fine another season. And they would have fared much better than most other clubs in saving and spending wisely.

Very well done Dave.

On the contrary - I have been very impressed by David Moyes. Perhaps all of you will disagree, but these are how I feel:

1. Everton first waned to sign ONLY quality players who will be a true improvement of their current players. Joao Moutinho, Manuel Fernandes, Andreis Arshavin, Stephen M'Bia etc - these are quality signings. At the end of the day Everton find these players too pricey, they can't afford them. Fair enough, so how now ?

2. Instead of going signing bunch of medicore players with medium-small-ish transfer fees which would be costly if accumulated, David Moyes now signs free transfers with short contracts and loans. Lars Jacobsen - free, Obinna - loan. Everton so nearly signed Tiago on a loan. Steven Pienaar was only signed after he proved to be useful on loan. So was Mikel Arteta. Everton signed a keeper on a free last season for 1 year contract, and now he is gone because he wasn't good enough. These loaness and frees - if they are good enough they stay. If they are not - easy riddance.

In effect David Moyes is operating a very low risk transfer policy. Everton's squad is small but it is not too small as people make up to be. Joleon Lecott, Phil Jagielka, Phil Neville, Mikel Arteta, Steven Pienaar are versatile players. Everton still retains the their whole defense. They are still lacking in firepower but they had done Ok with virtually the same attackers. Andy Johnson is gone, but Everton received good money for him, and there are James Vaughan and Victor Anibeche waiting in the wings to replace them.

Howard

Jacorbson, Hibbert, Yobo, Lescott, Baines, Jagielka, Valente

Arteta, Neville, Cahill, Rodwell, Osman

Yakubu, Vaughan, Anibeche,  Baxter

Everton has a really small squad no doubt, but huge credits go to Moyes who refuses to panic and waste money. I am sure Moyes will go on and sign a few more loans and freebies, then Everton will be fine another season. And they would have fared much better than most other clubs in saving and spending wisely.

Very well done Dave.

The point is valid.... for Everton, different clubs though.

If Newcastle picked up loanees and freebees we would be hounded by the press and if they failed the fans would say the recruitment team is doing a poor job. At Everton they can get away with it because believe it or not there is ALOT less pressure.

As well this KK doesn't like to have huge turnovers of players, he likes to create a group mentality, so he wouldn't be keen.

I'd also like to point out our versatile players;

Beye, Colo, Bassong, N'Zogbia, Milner, Guthrie, Edgar, Jonas, Geremi, Duff and Smith ;)