Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Am I the only person that doesn't rate SWP?  He's got tons of pace but no end product - the same thing a lot of people on here knock Milner for.

erm...pardon me?

Milner? pace?

The end product bit.  SWP can't cross worth s*** and people on here seem to think Milner can't either.

People on here KNOW Milner cant cross!

Ian Wright on talksport saying SWP is in Liverpool talking terms, wouldn't confirm whether it was Liverpool or Everton he is talking to.

Disgusted if this is true!

There is absolutely no reason for us not to be in for SWP, he's a world class winger with good prem experience and if he moves will have a major point to prove!

Anybody who claims they dont rate mustn't have a very good memory, the lad was winning games on his own for city under KK!

If SWP goes to everton for 9mil and we keep Milner after turning down a 7mil bid, I really will give up on football!

No you won't.

Besides, who's to say we're not in for him? Who's to say that he would prefer a move to the NE rather than Merseyside?

Or that he is speaking to Everton and us and Everton was on his way up here?

Aren't most of our deals done in London these days though?  Hope I'm wrong, I'd like him here, he's a good player and could be very good, definitely not world class though :lol:

Ian Wright on talksport saying SWP is in Liverpool talking terms, wouldn't confirm whether it was Liverpool or Everton he is talking to.

There is absolutely no reason for us not to be in for SWP, he's a world class winger with good prem experience and if he moves will have a major point to prove!

Anybody who claims they dont rate mustn't have a very good memory, the lad was winning games on his own for city under KK!

If SWP goes to everton for 9mil and we keep Milner after turning down a 7mil bid, I really will give up on football!

No you won't.

Besides, who's to say we're not in for him? Who's to say that he would prefer a move to the NE rather than Merseyside?

Or that he is speaking to Everton and us and Everton was on his way up here?

Aren't most of our deals done in London these days though?  Hope I'm wrong, I'd like him here, he's a good player and could be very good, definitely not world class though :lol:

Ok then, he was in Manchester visiting old friends and is on route to St James Towers (London Branch) via Liverpool

He is nowhere near world class, he has pace, his crossing is hit and miss, and sometimes he seems unable to control a football, but he works hard, tracks back, puts in a few tackles & doesn't complain and seems like a good lad who would be a good fit in the dressing room.

I think his best displays for Chelsea came when he played a more central role towards the end of last season,which could be an option for us. I'm by no means a big fan of him, but if he can reproduce the form he displayed under Keegan at City then that would only be a positive thing. Once he has a manager that believes in him, and his confidence is back up, could be good again.

Guest king harry

Word in liverpool is he is defintly signing for everton for about 8 million, we are signing Albert Reina for the same price, personally id rather have SWP.

Word in liverpool is he is defintly signing for everton for about 8 million, we are signing Albert Reina for the same price, personally id rather have SWP.

That's the way I see it as well mate. Definitely happy to "lose out" on Riera if it means we get SWP instead.

he ruined his career by going to Chelsea. Simply a terrible decision, he was bloody fantastic at City.

Indeed he was. Would be a bit of a gamble for any club to take him, similar to Duff. I would like it to be us though, hopefully he'll find the same form as when he was last playing under Keegan.

Guest optimistic nit

World Class? Really?

He's a good player. The fact remains that we have other areas that we need to buy for before we think about buying another RW, when we currently have Milner, Jonas, and Duff (and to some extent Geremi) who can all do a job there.

I honestly do believe the guy is world class!

I remember having a conversation with guys in work when he was starring for city, saying that at that moment in time there wasn't a better right winger in the world!

Agreed he hasn't continued that form at chelsea, but that was mainly due to their style of play/lack of run of games.

I just feel angry that the club are rejecting bids for Milner then see SWP being linked with a move!

Understand the idea that we have other priorit positions to fill but when quality players become available, particularly those who KK has worked with and seen flourish, I believe we should be in for them!

Hope some of the post are right and that we are in for him, just got quite angry there through shock!

Messi is world class, how can you bracket a player who wouldnt get into the first XI of chelsea with players such as messi (and deco) i will never know.

i said swp is average, thats being a bit harsh, but since he joined chelsea i've seen nothing from him that would make me excited about signing him, and thats the last 3-4 years of his career. he would be a good signing for us, and like i said i think him and jonas on the wings would work pretty well, but losing out wont be disastarous, especially if he's on high wages.

Who's worse, Ferdinand or Kaboul? I genuinely can't decide

Thing is both have potential. But mind you I championed Bramble for long enough because the guy had potential.

Neither are the finished article and I think that's what Sunderland lack really, playing Ferdinand alongside a Hyppia may have been a good move for them.