Other clubs' transfers

Dave

According to Spanish newspaper Marca, Aston Villa have made a £9.4million offer for Real Madrid midfielder Ruben de la Red. The Spain international has been offered a four-year contract, with Real coach Bernd Schuster yet to make a decision on his future.

Would love us to go for him

Guest getcarter

The main Spurs messageboards are saying that they are on the verge of signing Veloso and Arshavin. Looks like they're spending the Keane money already. :dave:

Have i not stated on here, time and time again, how much i don't rate Keane??

Im very happy he's leaving and especially at the price quoted.

Assuming Berbatov leaves, who is playing up front?

Dawson still a starter?

2 new strikers if both Keane and Berbs leave (altough i'd prefer 1 up top). Dawson wasent a starter last season unless we had injuries.

Do you know how difficult signing players is these days ? Lots of people on here will tell you, it's almost like trying to invent a cure for the common cold. It's not like FM you know !

Who said he was s***?

Well...one former knowledgeable member rated Heskey higher than him. So...

Absured money for both Keane and Johnson, tbh. And I rate Keane.

The Andy Johnson fee is ridiculous.

Guest kingdawson

Dawson still a starter?

2 new strikers if both Keane and Berbs leave (altough i'd prefer 1 up top). Dawson wasent a starter last season unless we had injuries.

Do you know how difficult signing players is these days ? Lots of people on here will tell you, it's almost like trying to invent a cure for the common cold. It's not like FM you know !

Thanks for the warning. I was asked what i think would happen, and i answered.

The Club can announce that it has reached agreement with Liverpool FC for the transfer of Robbie Keane.

Speaking on the announcement of the transfer, Chairman Daniel Levy said: "I was incredibly disappointed when I first heard, not only that Liverpool had been working behind the scenes to bring Robbie to Anfield, but that Robbie himself wanted to go and he submitted a transfer request to this effect.

"I have already made my opinion clear on the nature of this transaction. I don't regard it as a transfer deal - that is something which happens between two clubs when they both agree to trade - this is very much an enforced sale, for which we have agreed a sum of £19m as compensation plus a potential further £1.3m in additional compensation."

Liverpool FC has also acknowledged that the way its website reported comments of its manager, which were widely covered by the media, was inappropriate and in light of that acknowledgement has apologised and agreed to make a donation to our Club's main charity, the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation. Tottenham Hotspur has therefore agreed not to pursue its official complaint to the Premier League.

Dawson still a starter?

We haven't been really looking at forwards, so how will Spurs find anyone?  :shifty:

First choice defenders are injury prone, right?

Guest kingdawson

we've completly conned them tbh. Thanks for the £19 mill rising to £20.3 mill you stupid idiots.

Good deal for Spuds that, I'm not convinced that Keane has that many more good seasons in him, I think he speaked with spuds the year before last.

What did he say?

we've completly conned them tbh. Thanks for the £19 mill rising to £20.3 mill you stupid idiots.

Plus £2m for the Foundation I'm hearing.......................

who will replace him?

Arshavin odds on.  Veloso very much on the radar as well (a DM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

May explain why there is some belief that Berbatov may not so keen to move on.

who will replace him?

Arshavin odds on.  Veloso very much on the radar as well (a DM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I will be violently sick...

who will replace him?

plus Milito and Bentley still expected sometime soon.

who will replace him?

Arshavin odds on. Veloso very much on the radar as well (a DM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

plus Milito and Bentley still expected sometime soon.

Can't see you getting all four, but that would be some midfield if Veloso and Bentley signed.