Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Spurs extending the contracts of Dawson and Jenas has cheered me up a little.

THat made me laugh. 2013 for Dawson.

Mellberg scoring then turning to wave at Dawson who was supposed to be marking him, and shouting "here I am" was one of my favourite moments of last season.

:lol:

I'd love to see that.

Think Brummie imagined it.

I can't post video, but this is shortly after.

Observe Mellberg, arms outstretched, plus hapless Dawson (nearest Spurs player).

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/empics/20080101/18/1254537127-soccer-barclays-premier-league-aston-villa-v-tottenham-hotspur-villa.jpg

shouting "here i am" is a bit different to nodding your head and insinuating it.

It was quite clear at the time.

Although, I admit, he could have provided written confirmation, or perhaps have got his agent to call TalkSport and report that, actually, yes, there he was.

;)

Guest kingdawson

Can KD or Jol confirm Spurs are struggling to find the money to finalize the Arshavin deal and its the same reason why the Pavlyuchenko deal fell through?

dont think i't true tbh. Think Levy is being his usual stingy self and the deal will go through eventually.

Brummie, that pic makes it look like he's celebrating the goal and nothing else.

btw where's kaka lately? he said we'll definately not sign Bentley because he'll be off to villa (add to that his claim that kewell will be a spurs player).

Can KD or Jol confirm Spurs are struggling to find the money to finalize the Arshavin deal and its the same reason why the Pavlyuchenko deal fell through?

dont think i't true tbh. Think Levy is being his usual stingy self and the deal will go through eventually.

Brummie, that pic makes it look like he's celebrating the goal and nothing else.

btw where's kaka lately? he said we definately not sign Bentley because he'll be off to villa (add to that his claim that kewell will be a spurs player).

It's a picture though not a moving image KD. Don't forget that.

btw where's kaka lately? he said we'll definately not sign Bentley because he'll be off to villa (add to that his claim that kewell will be a spurs player).

If Bentley had any sense that's where he would of gone.

Why?

Guest kingdawson

I'm well aware of that tooj, but i remember watching that game and at no point do i remember him shouting at Dawson after he scored (Brummie has since withdrawn that claim and informed us, that it was only a motion, which may infact have happened).

Why?

Think they're a club on the up, the one arguably most likely to break into the top four.

Why?

Think they're a club on the up, the one arguably most likely to break into the top four.

I'd say Spurs probably are, plus the fact he's a London lad, you can easily see why he's went there.

Isn't Bentley a little bitter about his Arsenal experience? I am sure I read something about him wanting to beat them or something to do his spurs supporting mates a favour?

I may have made that up :lol:

Why?

not fucking likely!

much as i hate spurs, i think a lot on here are in denial that they are the ones most likely to break into the top 4. Ramos is no mug, and his brand of attacking football could sweep the premiership and open the top 4 door on its hinges. of course, this is assuming they end up with Arshavin and someone like David Villa.

Why?

I'd say Spurs probably are, plus the fact he's a London lad, you can easily see why he's went there.

If they get some high quality protection for the back four and get the new lot to gel early...They are beginning to look quite fearsome. New striker??

Why?

I can understand the point about London, but Spurs just seem to be spending money for the sake of it, they haven't really addressed the problem areas of last season.

I'd say Villa are a couple of full backs away from being a very good outfit.

Why?

I can understand the point about London, but Spurs just seem to be spending money for the sake of it, they haven't really addressed the problem areas of last season.

I'd say Villa are a couple of full backs away from being a very good outfit.

They definitely look to have a better core to their side, I'll definitely say that. But Spurs are signing some cracking players at the moment, whether people like to admit this or not.

I'd love to have either Modric, Bentley or Dos Santos in our side. Even if I do feel the last two are overrated.

Guest kingdawson

Isn't Bentley a little bitter about his Arsenal experience? I am sure I read something about him wanting to beat them or something to do his spurs supporting mates a favour?

Your information (unlike a certain other poster :razz:) is accurate :thup:.

Very bitter, he hates us.

Very bitter, he hates us.

If only he could realise he wasn't actually good enough for Arsenal at that time.

Looks like Spurs are setting up to play the 1987 way,as David Pleat selecteds a 4-5-1 formation.Bent up top with any number of the 5 midfielders supporting him.If it works theyt will push the top 4,if Bent cant hit a cows arse with a banjo,they may struggle.

Why?

If they get some high quality protection for the back four and get the new lot to gel early...They are beginning to look quite fearsome. New striker??

They've got to find around about 50-60 goals & assists from somewhere next season if Berbatov goes (after already taking out Defoe & Keane as well), to get anywhere near last seasons amount.

If we had signed Arshavin, Modric, Bentley, Gomes and Dos Santos everybody would need a new set of keks. cant believe some of the comments.