Other clubs' transfers

Dave

The fact of the matter is, if Liverpool stump up the cash he'll be away. Can't see Villa turning them down now just because a deadline has past. If growing up in Northern Ireland has taught me anything, it's that deadlines are a crock of shit...

:razz:

We're going to turn them down - we don't need the money - the difference is that Barry needs to say he wants to stay.

Barry's transfer to Liverpool has been called off.

Strictly speaking, it hasn't been called off, as calling it off implies that it was on.

We had a price, they didn't offer it, end of.

Villa did all the "we want to keep him blah blah blah" to get the price up and then Liverpool just stopped doing anything about it, Villa got desperate for the deal to come to life again and have now spat their dummy. Y ou can bet if Liverpool wait another weeka nd offer the 15mill again Villa will take it.

Barry's transfer to Liverpool has been called off.

Strictly speaking, it hasn't been called off, as calling it off implies that it was on.

We had a price, they didn't offer it, end of.

not really endo of though if they bid the asking price tomorrow or whenever its back on

Villa did all the "we want to keep him blah blah blah" to get the price up and then Liverpool just stopped doing anything about it, Villa got desperate for the deal to come to life again and have now spat their dummy. Y ou can bet if Liverpool wait another weeka nd offer the 15mill again Villa will take it.

Not desperate for the deal to come back to life at all, just for it to be resolved one way or the other.

We want to keep the player. Liverpool want him so much they've offered way off what we want, but then spunk more on Robbie Keane without batting an eyelid. Barry wanted the move so much he wouldn't put in a trasnfer request (which Keane did).

We don't need the cash, but we do need to know where we stand in terms of planning for the season. That's the important thing.

Not desperate for the deal to come back to life at all, just for it to be resolved one way or the other.

We want to keep the player. Liverpool want him so much they've offered way off what we want, but then spunk more on Robbie Keane without batting an eyelid. Barry wanted the move so much he wouldn't put in a trasnfer request (which Keane did).

We don't need the cash, but we do need to know where we stand in terms of planning for the season. That's the important thing.

:lol: The deal seemed dead in the water, Barry had been back training and playing for Villa, it was MON on TV giving it we don't whats going on we have not heard any more blah blah blah, if they wanted to keep him that much MON would not have tested the water he would have just let things go and get on with pre - season.

Some attention speaking n00b on an arsenal board saying he knows a woman who knows that Arsenal ARE signing barry!

I'lll put my arse on the line and say i gurantee it wont happen!

Guest Redknapp

:lol: The deal seemed dead in the water, Barry had been back training and playing for Villa, it was MON on TV giving it we don't whats going on we have not heard any more blah blah blah, if they wanted to keep him that much MON would not have tested the water he would have just let things go and get on with pre - season.

But that would mean the hypocritical O'Neil who doesn't conduct transfers through the press/in public would not have his daily TV/press interview over this.

Well said btw.

Guest kingdawson

Arshavin's representative has just been on talksport stating that Arshavin has agreed personal terms with us, but we haven't agreed a fee with Zenit (altough we're not far off). Theres also about 5 other clubs in for him.

I presume that Zenit think a deal is not far off, giving us permission to speak to him.

Guest kingdawson

Arsenal TV just reported 4.8 million Arsenal will be recieving from the Bentley deal

You're effectivly giving away the transfer fee (something i doubt Blackburn wanted). What % did you lot have on the deal?

I think you might have done what we did quite a few times in recent years. Woken up one or two of the bigger clubs by getting close to signing Arshavin.

And how can you be speaking to Arshavin without agreeing a fee with the club, or is this you lot tapping them up? ;)

I think you might have done what we did quite a few times in recent years. Woken up one or two of the bigger clubs by getting close to signing Arshavin.

And how can you be speaking to Arshavin without agreeing a fee with the club, or is this you lot tapping them up? ;)

Like us with Coloccini you mean? ;)

Same as we apparently can with Coloccini?

Same as we apparently can with Coloccini?

Yeah but we haven't went crying to the FA or whoever have we.