Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Geordiesned

Seems nailed on Robinho will be joining Chelsea. He's held a press conference slating Real Madrid for not playing him and that he is only thinking about Chelsea and that he wants to join them.

Guest Geordiesned

Rivaldo has signed for Bunyodkor in the Uzbek League

Come on, you've just made that team up haven't you? :lol:

Guest Geordiesned

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4073640,00.html

Real Madrid striker Robinho has told a news conference he wants to be allowed to join Chelsea before the transfer window closes.

Robinho had been left out of Real's squad for Sunday's opening Primera Liga game against Deportivo La Coruna as doubts persisted over his future.

The Brazilian is unhappy at Real following reports earlier this summer he would be included as part of a deal for Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo and the failure to discuss a new contract.

Chelsea have made a bid in the region of £28million for Robinho, who stated earlier this month that he wanted to link up with compatriot Luiz Felipe Scolari at Stamford Bridge.

Real president Ramon Calderon had said he would not want to keep an unhappy player, but coach Bernd Schuster is keen for the forward to stay.

However, at a news conference in Madrid on Sunday, Robinho reiterated his wish to play for Chelsea during the coming season.

'I want to leave'

"The situation has not changed," said Robinho. "I want to leave Real and play for Chelsea.

"I am only thinking of Chelsea and want to play there.

"Since May I have been trying to renew my contract, but they didn't want to know because they were so sure of signing Cristiano Ronaldo.

"Now they haven't signed anyone they don't want me to go."

Robinho insists he will not refuse to play for Real, if a deal with Chelsea is not agreed before Monday's transfer deadline.

However, the 24-year-old says Schuster must shoulder the blame, if he does not secure his wish to move to Stamford Bridge.

He added: "Calderon had said that if a good offer came they would let me go. Chelsea have made a great effort and I don't know what more I can do.

"I have told the president, the sports director and the coach I want to go. I won't refuse to play for Real if I stay.

"But if Schuster wants to keep a player who is unhappy it is his responsibility."

Guest timmy boy

Real directors say they "deplore" the way Chelsea have gone about chasing Robinho.I would say it's quite similar to the way they went after Ronaldo.

Guest Heneage

Tyrone Mears to Marseille on 1 year loan.Hardly the "worst decision of his life" to go on a trail there then.

Bit baffled why he didnt just say "I want to go".

Hull bid £7 million for Frazier Campbell

That is absolutely stupid.

Not in the slightest tbh. They know they're getting a very good player, with bags of potential, who they know works for the club and works in the team. They could get an unknown or a past-it for similar prices and not get half the rewards. Will be pleased for them if they pull it off. The market for British players, young players in-particular, is extortionate - we have to live with it.

Of course it's stupid. He's had 6 good months in the second division, for him to be priced at anywhere near £7m is a total joke.

Campbell is already tried and tested in the set-up. They're hardly in a position to attract a bigger name, or spend that sort of money on someone from abroad - they simply won't be able to attract them. If Frazier Campbell is the best they can get, and a very good young player he is too, then they should pay what they have to. They've got slim hopes of staying up this season, so having the opportunity to sign a player that they know works for them (ok, he hasn't especially proved himself in the top flight yet), then they should go for it. May not be his exact value but that's unfortunately how the market works nowadays.

Golden Glory makes an excellent point too. If they're unfortunate and they do go down, they've got someone with the calibre wh ocan get them straight back up.

Completely disagree with your valuation of Frazer Campbell Yorkie. As you say, the player has not proved himself in the top flight, therefore IMO 7m is ridiculas money.

For that money they could buy a number of players who would perform better in this league. It's just bad business.

It's inflation man. He probably isn't worth £7m, at all - but i think Campbell is the player that they need tbh, and if that's the case, they're in no position to piss about - they're in with a high chance of going down. If you've got the cash you need to get the right man, then pay it up.

I watched him on a few occassions last season and thought he was absolutely quality. He's proved to work in their team.

Pennant strongly linked with Stoke left out of Liverpool squad

wouldn't be suprised if he ends up here

Despite him being a bit of a cock for the £4m touted I wouldn't be too disappointed. £8m plus Pennant for Milner :D

Guest Geordiesned

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11904_4074551,00.html

Borussia Monchengladbach have stolen a march on a number of English sides to land American midfielder Michael Bradley.

The likes of Middlesbrough, Newcastle and Blackburn were all thought to be chasing the highly-rated Heerenveen star, but they have lost out to Monchengladbach.

Bradley's future has been the subject of intense speculation for some time with the player turning down a new deal at Hereenveen leaving him with just a year to run on his contract.

It is believed Bradley's English suitors were hoping to wait until January to sign the 21-year-old on a pre-contract rather than pay a fee for his services this summer.

However, Monchengladbach have stolen in to agree a fee with Heerenveen to sign the attacking midfielder.

"He is a versatile midfield player, for his age who has quite a lot of experience with it," Monchengladbach sports director Christian Ziege told the club's official website.

"We hope that everything works and we will make everything perfect tomorrow."

Pennant strongly linked with Stoke left out of Liverpool squad

wouldn't be suprised if he ends up here

Madness, i dont get it, dont get me wrong he is a quality player for stoke but they have Lawrence on the right who the fans adore!

Guest quklaani

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4073640,00.html

Real Madrid striker Robinho has told a news conference he wants to be allowed to join Chelsea before the transfer window closes.

Robinho had been left out of Real's squad for Sunday's opening Primera Liga game against Deportivo La Coruna as doubts persisted over his future.

The Brazilian is unhappy at Real following reports earlier this summer he would be included as part of a deal for Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo and the failure to discuss a new contract.

Chelsea have made a bid in the region of £28million for Robinho, who stated earlier this month that he wanted to link up with compatriot Luiz Felipe Scolari at Stamford Bridge.

Real president Ramon Calderon had said he would not want to keep an unhappy player, but coach Bernd Schuster is keen for the forward to stay.

However, at a news conference in Madrid on Sunday, Robinho reiterated his wish to play for Chelsea during the coming season.

'I want to leave'

"The situation has not changed," said Robinho. "I want to leave Real and play for Chelsea.

"I am only thinking of Chelsea and want to play there.

"Since May I have been trying to renew my contract, but they didn't want to know because they were so sure of signing Cristiano Ronaldo.

"Now they haven't signed anyone they don't want me to go."

Robinho insists he will not refuse to play for Real, if a deal with Chelsea is not agreed before Monday's transfer deadline.

However, the 24-year-old says Schuster must shoulder the blame, if he does not secure his wish to move to Stamford Bridge.

He added: "Calderon had said that if a good offer came they would let me go. Chelsea have made a great effort and I don't know what more I can do.

"I have told the president, the sports director and the coach I want to go. I won't refuse to play for Real if I stay.

"But if Schuster wants to keep a player who is unhappy it is his responsibility."

Karma-tastic.

Everton manager Moyes out to finalise £3m move for Newcastle's Smith

Last updated at 12:37 AM on 01st September 2008

Comments (0)  Add to My Stories

Everton hope to complete the signing of Newcastle striker Alan Smith in a £3million deal on Monday.

Smith is expected at Goodison Park on Monday morning for a medical after Newcastle agreed to let the former Leeds and Manchester United player leave.

Everton boss David Moyes had hoped to sign Smith earlier in the transfer window only to walk into a row between boss Kevin Keegan and the Newcastle board.

But he was given the go-head to make a new bid over the weekend and acted quickly.

They still have to agree personal terms for Smith, who has yet to play for Newcastle this season and will leave without a goal to his name in 30 starts.

He may have to accept a cut in his £60,000-a-week deal at St James' Park as he looks to rebuild his reputation.

Moyes was in Belgium last night to see UEFA Cup opponents Standard Liege draw at Roeselare, and is interested in several Liege players including midfielder Marouane Fellaini.

He also plans one last attempt to persuade Sporting Lisbon to sell Portugal international Joao Moutinho by raising his offer to £14m.

Sporting rejected an initial bid of £12m and wanted about £18m.

:fwap: Prays

Quaresma offically signs for inter for 25 mil overall.

It's on the channel 4 website.

Wow, I thought the Italian clubs didn't have so much money these days?

Having Massimo Moratti behind you certainly helps.