Other clubs' transfers

Dave

He's a nutter and crocked. Brilliant striker but he's too much fuss.

I'd have preferred it if we hadn't have got Barton for the same reasons. People like that don't change. Saying that though, I think we'd all be tempted to go at Riise with a golfclub. :lol:

Guest sicko2ndbest

i think they've had a massive offer from somebody else for Jermain, so good luck to them,' said Redknapp.

'I paid about £9million for him, when I was manager of Portsmouth. Defoe's a good player but we're not going pay over the top for anybody.

daily mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1102193/EXCLUSIVE-Spurs-boss-Redknapp-rocked-failed-raids-Downing-Defoe.html?ITO=1490

i think they've had a massive offer from somebody else for Jermain, so good luck to them,' said Redknapp.

'I paid about £9million for him, when I was manager of Portsmouth. Defoe's a good player but we're not going pay over the top for anybody.

daily mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1102193/EXCLUSIVE-Spurs-boss-Redknapp-rocked-failed-raids-Downing-Defoe.html?ITO=1490

City? Who else would put in a huge bid?

It must be about £15m, as tosspot says, he paid £9m for him a year ago and he can only have enhanced his reputation since then.

Guest kingdawson

The bid is from Valencia, and is 10 million

Don't beleive that tbh. Im pretty sure if he was available for £10 mill, redknapp would be in there.

Guest kingdawson

So the "massive offer" is a measley £10 mill? think this guy is just making things up (not doubting that Valencia may be interested but they're not getting him for that price).

So the "massive offer" is a measley £10 mill? think this guy is just making things up (not doubting that Valencia may be interested but they're not getting him for that price).

that may not be the massive offer you speak of but they have offered 10m

that may not be the massive offer you speak of but they have offered 10m

I'd love to see some decent English players go abroad and see how they get on

This was is amusing!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1102814/Let-join-Spurs-Villa-pleads-Pompeys-Defoe-Real-look-Jenas.html?ITO=1490

Let me join Spurs not Villa, pleads Pompey's Defoe as Real look to Jenas

By Simon Jones

Last updated at 11:20 PM on 29th December 2008

Portsmouth have received verbal offers of between £12-16million from Aston Villa and Spurs for the England striker and the cash-stricken south coast side favoured Villa’s deal.

However, Defoe spoke to Adams yesterday and expressed his determination to link up once again with mentor Harry Redknapp rather than head for Villa Park.

Defoe joined Portsmouth from Spurs last January for £9m and some of the deal is still to be paid.  That would make Villa's straight cash offer more appealing to Portsmouth, who are desperate to alleviate their debts despite selling Lassana Diarra to Real Madrid for £20m.

Villa manager Martin O’Neill yesterday denied making an offer for Defoe, but Redknapp has made no secret of his desire to sign the 26-year-old.

Redknapp was rebuffed in an attempt to sign Craig Bellamy from West Ham, with Manchester City leading that chase, and he fears facing the relegation dogfight without another top-quality striker.

Redknapp’s financial armoury could be strengthened should Real Madrid follow up interest in Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas.

Redknapp is reluctant to sell but knows he may need to sacrifice players to bankroll his rebuilding plans.

Tottenham have fielded interest in Jenas before, notably from Everton, and valued him at around £10m but chairman Daniel Levy would probably be looking for closer to £14m from Real if Redknapp gave any deal the go-ahead.

Redknapp’s financial armoury could be strengthened should Real Madrid follow up interest in Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas.

Redknapp is reluctant to sell but knows he may need to sacrifice players to bankroll his rebuilding plans.

Tottenham have fielded interest in Jenas before, notably from Everton, and valued him at around £10m but chairman Daniel Levy would probably be looking for closer to £14m from Real if Redknapp gave any deal the go-ahead.

So we scoffed at paying £10m but now Real Madrid are going to throw £14m at them? :lol: Yeah right.