Other clubs' transfers

Dave

We should go for Krancjar.

With what? Brass buttons?

Do you for a fact know how much money we've got at the moment, or how much we're likely to have after sales? I'm well aware that our net spend in the last two windows wasn't that much at all (despite being way over-paid for Milner), but I still think we'll spend a bit. We have to. We don't want to let any players go, and Kinnear and Ashley aren't stupid, so I hope if the likes of Given leave that any net spend issues aren't used against them.

Do you for a fact know how much money we've got at the moment, or how much we're likely to have after sales? I'm well aware that our net spend in the last two windows wasn't that much at all (despite being way over-paid for Milner), but I still think we'll spend a bit. We have to. We don't want to let any players go, and Kinnear and Ashley aren't stupid, so I hope if the likes of Given leave that any net spend issues aren't used against them.

Well even putting aside the money we'll be spending, the recent prices for Muntari (£12.7m) and Diarra (£20m) and the quotes for Defoe (anything from £15m to £24m according to the media) suggest they'd want silly, silly money for Kranjcar.

Well even putting aside the money we'll be spending, the recent prices for Muntari (£12.7m) and Diarra (£20m) and the quotes for Defoe (anything from £15m to £24m according to the media) suggest they'd want silly, silly money for Kranjcar.

Muntari-Inter Milan....Diarra-Real Madrid. I think that is the reason for the outrageous prices that have been stuck on these players. I think the price of a player like Kranjcar depends heavily on whether or not the traditional big boys and Man City are interested.

Muntari-Inter Milan....Diarra-Real Madrid. I think that is the reason for the outrageous prices that have been stuck on these players. I think the price of a player like Kranjcar depends heavily on whether or not the traditional big boys and Man City are interested.

Fair enough, but I'd counter that with the fact he'd almost certainly get better clubs after him than us, pushing the price up just the same.

Fair enough, but I'd counter that with the fact he'd almost certainly get better clubs after him than us, pushing the price up just the same.

Agreed. And I'm sure they'd hate the idea of selling to a rival club like us. But if no-one else came in, and they were willing to sell to raise funds, then I'd like to see what we could do.

But it's never going to happen.

Guest kingdawson

:lol: how much did they sell him for again?

£7.5m according to Soccerbase. :lol:

It was £9m and Pompey still owe us about £7m of it (not to mention them owing us about £4m for Kaboul).

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2087501.ece

WEST HAM skipper Lucas Neill can leave Upton Park for free in the transfer window.

is he worth going for. he can play full back as well as centre back.

I'm sure Ashley will like the sound of a free signing. We need cover right now, and if he could come for little cost, at least on the short term, I guess it's not terrible business.

WEST HAM skipper Lucas Neill can leave Upton Park for free in the transfer window.

He is the archetypal mercenary. Dont want him anywhere near our club.

Lucas Neil is 30 years old and had played for 3 clubs, Millwall Blackburn Rovers and West Ham. i am sure if he was a mercenary, he would have had a few more transfers

Lucas Neil is 30 years old and had played for 3 clubs, Millwall Blackburn Rovers and West Ham. i am sure if he was a mercenary, he would have had a few more transfers

I think he means how he turned down Liverpool to go to West Ham for the money instead.

Guest The Libertine

didnt he turn down liverpool to join west ham because they were paying double what liverpool were?

didnt he turn down liverpool to join west ham because they were paying double what liverpool were?

Exactly.

Edit : and I appreciate it would be a tough decision when you are getting a ton of money thrown at you but we are talking about Liverpool here and turning down the chance of playing for one of the most successful clubs in the world.

Exactly.

Edit : and I appreciate it would be a tough decision when you are getting a ton of money thrown at you but we are talking about Liverpool here and turning down the chance of playing for one of the most successful clubs in the world.

I'm sure he supported them as well.

Guest The Libertine

Exactly.

I'm sure he supported them as well.

:thup:

"His father Ed, a former amateur goalkeeper in his native Northern Ireland, could not confirm last night whether Neill was about to live the dream, but he did reveal: "Lucas has been a dyed in the wool Liverpool fan since he was a kid.

"His heroes were players like Kenny Dalglish and Graeme Souness and, of course, if this move comes off, it will be a dream come true for him.

"But any decision he makes will be made purely on football grounds, not on sentiment.

"He'd assess any situation on its merits whether it was Liverpool, Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal or Real Madrid.

"It's all about Lucas going somewhere where he can continue to progress."

Manchester United have signed them two young Serbs (Tosic and Ljajic) from Partizan for £15m ish. That Tosic one is supposed to be a very handy player.

Fucking hell, I thought they were just kids (ie for naff all).

Manchester United have signed them two young Serbs (Tosic and Ljajic) from Partizan for £15m ish. That Tosic one is supposed to be a very handy player.

Fucking hell, I thought they were just kids (ie for naff all).

Just been on SSN that Tosic will go straight into the first team squad and t'other will stay at Partizan til the end of next season. Think Tosic already has a few caps for Serbia is 21/22. T'other is only 17

Won't be £16.3m upfront by any stretch of the imagination either

f***ing hell, I thought they were just kids (ie for naff all).

Just been on SSN that Tosic will go straight into the first team squad and t'other will stay at Partizan til the end of next season. Think Tosic already has a few caps for Serbia is 21/22. T'other is only 17

Does Ljajic have a W/P? I know Tosic was granted his in December.

f***ing hell, I thought they were just kids (ie for naff all).

Does Ljajic have a W/P? I know Tosic was granted his in December.

Could be why he'll stay at Partizan for a bit. I'm only going off what was on SSN, i don't profess to know much about them at all.