Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Heneage

Reading Accept 7 figure bid for Lita, and he rejects the move to Sheff Utd.

Did anyone see Big Phil's press conference? He reminds me of the Policeman from Allo Allo.

Guest toonlass

Did anyone see Big Phil's press conference? He reminds me of the Policeman from Allo Allo.

:lol:

.. and the obvious one - Gene Hackman

...and Wimpy from Popeye

Oh and also, Podolski is on the berge of re-signing for Cologne  :kasper: unbelievable

Not that unbelievable.......Cologne are his hometown club

doesnt mean he's not too good for them though. if mickey owen signed for chester city i'd be shocked haha.....

Guest kingdawson

Apparantly Redknapp was just on radio confirming we had rejected a bid from Everton for JJ because they refused a player exchange deal. This adds to the growing speculation that jenas is available for transfer and we have offered him to Wigan in exchange for Palacios.

Haha, he wasn't good enough for us when he left as a club looking to break the top 4, but as a midfielder in a lower mid-table side looking to push up into the top 8, I think he'd do a job. Infinitely better than what we have, and I include Guthrie in that.

We're in a relegation scrap, he'd be a passenger as he's got no heart. It's all well and good having ability but not if you haven't got the character to use it, especially in his position. Although as proven by Nicky Butt having character alone isn't enough.

Haha, he wasn't good enough for us when he left as a club looking to break the top 4, but as a midfielder in a lower mid-table side looking to push up into the top 8, I think he'd do a job. Infinitely better than what we have, and I include Guthrie in that.

We're in a relegation scrap, he'd be a passenger as he's got no heart. It's all well and good having ability but not if you haven't got the character to use it, especially in his position. Although as proven by Nicky Butt having character alone isn't enough.

I reckon Guthrie has a bit of both, the skill and grit, to be a good asset for us in a dogfight. His age and relative lack of experience may count against him a little, but a good player is a good player anywhere.

The only thing I don't like about Guthrie is that he fades badly in the second half, especially if he's been booked.

He certainly did for a few games early on, but I don't think you can generalize that. He was one of the few that dug deep against Pompey, Spurs, and West Ham of late, and I'm sure I'm missing another game where he just took charge and was everywhere in the last 10 minutes.

Apparantly Redknapp was just on radio confirming we had rejected a bid from Everton for JJ because they refused a player exchange deal. This adds to the growing speculation that jenas is available for transfer and we have offered him to Wigan in exchange for Palacios.

The daft cunt probably asked for Arteta or something ridiculous.