Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Kaka is a classic 'vertical' player, a term regularly used by Phil Ball who stole it from the Madristas, iirc.

He will not disappoint. He is perfect for the Premiership. He doesn't run sideways, he doesn't make square passes, he doesn't slow the play down. He runs down the pitch to collect the ball and up with the ball at his feet, driving at defenders. He'll be a nightmare to play against when in form and I think he will set the Premiership alight. This is not a Sheva situation where he excelled when playing against defenders who sit back and give him time. Kaka has already shown how adept he is at scoring goals on the counter (CL semi at Old Trafford) and he'll be awesome here.

The only doubt I have about him is how he'll perform with Robinho as Robinho hogs the ball moreso than most players that Kaka's played with. Kaka's already mentioned that he's had to do more defending this season because Ronaldinho has a free role and touches the ball often so it'll be interesting to see how he performs with Robinho, but imo, if City are thinking of building a team around one player, it definitely should be Kaka.

Guest Heneage

Bent to Villa? Is it just me that doesn't rate MON in the transfer market?

Yes, yes it is.

Yeah.  They're in fourth, I think their transfer market dealings really speaks for itself.

But aren't most of their players either academy products or Pre MON signings ala Laursen? The likes of Sidwell, Milner, Shorey.

Guest firetotheworks

No matter how it turns out it must be exciting as fuck being a Man City fan at the moment. Getting Kaka is what dreams are made of.

No matter how it turns out it must be exciting as fuck being a Man City fan at the moment. Getting Kaka is what dreams are made of.

It makes a total mockery of football. I'd probably be excited but i'd feel a little dirty at the same time.

Yes, clubs have bought their way to varying degress of success throughout the history of the Premier League, but this is just on a totally different level to anything we've ever seen before. There's no skill or pinache involved in it. It degrades the beautiful game as far as i'm concerned, and i'm not simply being bitter. I'd feel the same if it were happening to us.

Well, if you look at Villa, only Laursen and Barry were fully established before M'ON came. Agbonlahor was there but his development can be attributed to the new regime. Barry's general improvement in form is also linked to O'Neill and how he played him in CM as opposed to shifting around four positions - CB, LB, LM and CM. Ashley Young, one of their most important players, was also bought by O'neill. Who else? Bouma was there before and is an important player but he's out for the season, iirc. Their center of defense, apart from Laursen, is Davies, Knight and Cuellar, all bought by O'Neill. Their rb, Luke Young, also bought by O'Neill, as is his sub, Reo-Coker. Petrov, the cm partnering Barry was also bought by O'Neill. He's basically rebuilt their whole team. Shorey's been shite but also bought by O'Neill and along the way they've promoted Gary Cahill (sold to Bolton) and Craig Gardner, who looks very promising. I just remembered Carew and he's been important so far, although less so this season since the night club incident. But he was also bought by O'Neill. He's done an outstanding job so far.

Spot on. Can remember Brummie saying he's frustrating as fuck in the transfer market, which i can believe... but in fairness to O'Neill - he's got so many signings absolutely spot on.

Knight, Shorey, Harewood. They've all been duds, really - though even Zat Knight has played above expectations i think.

I get more and more jealous of Villa every day tbh.

Guest firetotheworks

No matter how it turns out it must be exciting as f*** being a Man City fan at the moment. Getting Kaka is what dreams are made of.

It makes a total mockery of football. I'd probably be excited but i'd feel a little dirty at the same time.

Yes, clubs have bought their way to varying degress of success throughout the history of the Premier League, but this is just on a totally different level to anything we've ever seen before. There's no skill or pinache involved in it. It degrades the beautiful game as far as i'm concerned, and i'm not simply being bitter. I'd feel the same if it were happening to us.

I wouldn't. But I think that may be a by-product of the shit were in. I cant see how it degrades the beautiful game first hand. Essentially they're looking to bring the best players in the world together in one team. They're hardly going to play Allardyce style. It does defeat the purpose of a competition, but it should be beautiful football. I'm really looking forward to seeing the real life version of The Hurricanes. It could and probably all will blow up in Man Citys face whenever the owner gets bored with his toy, but it'll be fun while it lasts.

This is just ridicilous, that sum of money for one player is just dumb. I mean they could spend it much more wisely by getting somebody like Diego and then go out and get 4 quality players to fix their defensive problems. This isn't a wow statement, this is just plain stupidity

Guest firetotheworks

This is just ridicilous, that sum of money for one player is just dumb. I mean they could spend it much more wisely by getting somebody like Diego and then go out and get 4 quality players to fix their defensive problems. This isn't a wow statement, this is just plain stupidity

How is it stupidity when them spending 100m is the equivalent of us spending 10m?

Guest justin99.

How is it stupidity when them spending 100m is the equivalent of us spending 10m?

1 pound tbh

Guest justin99.

I can see arsenal making a few rushed signings to keep up with the pack

their board would be getting pretty nervous I think

Will score goals, he's a lot better upfront on his own n all which is the system Villa currently play.

I think Darren Bent gets a hell of a lot of unfair flack.

I don't know if this been posted but Seedorf latest quotes from skysports.com

"[The money] is not what he needs, he has a big contract already. It is astronomical for AC Milan, but it's not going to be a life-changer for him.

"If he decides to change, it will be for a long-term project that he can be a major part of."

But these quotes just tell you why he would want to move, and read that before many of you go at if he now does move, its only because of the money.

This whole City madness is the definitive end of football as we know it. Stunned that it has happend so quickly, considering that only five or six years ago, we made a similar signal of intent by signing Woodgate for £100m less.

Yeah.  very similar.  :lol:

How anyone could not rate any part of O'Neill's management is absolutely beyond me ; he is the man WE should have had and, had he been stupid enough to come to the comedy show that is Newcastle United, we would have been doing as well as Villa are now - IF he had been allowed to manage in his own way...

How anyone could not rate any part of O'Neill's management is absolutely beyond me ; he is the man WE should have had and, had he been stupid enough to come to the comedy show that is Newcastle United, we would have been doing as well as Villa are now - IF he had been allowed to manage in his own way...

The last part of your post is the key though. No guarantees that he would have done any better than the previous incumbents under the clown that was Shepherd, or the mess that is Ashley.

Good manager he is though, and to question his transfer policy in general is a bit daft when you look at their league position.