Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Heneage

Bolton are trying to sign Sporting Lisbon star Miguel Veloso for £12m. (Daily Mirror)

:lol:

Don't be so shocked, are you not surprised no team has taken a punt on him yet? He's not as brilliant as made out, same with Moutinho both are quite inconsistent.

There are some fucking mongs around here. Listening to the post-match reaction on the local radio and the first two callers have said that Hull City should try and sign Darren Bent and Stephen Ireland.

mackems.gif

Guest toonlass

Hull to finish highest out of all the North East Teams this year?

Er, no.

Hull?

In the North-East?

Depends if you class Yorkshire as being North. Where else would you put it?

Hull is in the East of England.

Er, no.

Hull?

In the North-East?

It's further north than Manchester which is considered as North-West, so technically I suppose Hull is the North-East.

Guest toonlass

Er, no.

Hull?

In the North-East?

It's further north than Manchester which is considered as North-West, so technically I suppose Hull is the North-East.

Manchester is only in the North-west of England to Mancunians and southerners. If you look on the map is more west.

Guest kingdawson

Looks like Kenwyne might be on his way after all.

Are you ITK?

Me? NEVERRRRRRRRR.

Redknapp confirmed that we've made a bid and it's in Levys hands to sort it out.

Are you ITK?

Me? NEVERRRRRRRRR.

Redknapp confirmed that we've made a bid and it's in Levys hands to sort it out.

No surprise there.

Are you ITK?

Me? NEVERRRRRRRRR.

It's not like him to confirm his interest in a player so late in negotiations...

Guest kingdawson

Adel Taraabt's performance today was akin to Ali Dia. Quite frankly all fart and no s***. Any comments, KD?

He was beyond shite today. He's ALWAYS played well when he's had the chance but today he was crap (didnt help that he was playing on the wings though).

Apparantly Bent is going in part exchange. Oh and Mourinho has again confirmed his interest in signing Jenas.

Guest kingdawson

Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho has conceded he is weighing up bids for Didier Drogba and Jermaine Jenas before the transfer window shuts.

Former Chelsea chief Mourinho has been alerted to the possible availability of both players, given that the pair have been out of favour of late at Chelsea and Tottenham respectively.

Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari has not selected Drogba in recent weeks, prompting speculation he may leave Stamford Bridge.

And while Mourinho remains a keen admirer of the Ivorian, with whom he won two Premier League titles during their time at the Blues, he stopped short of suggesting he would actively seek to prise Drogba away from West London.

Special bond

"Jermaine Jenas and Didier Drogba - these are both players that I like," Mourinho wrote in The Daily Telegraph.

"Drogba is a very special player for me, there is no doubt about it.

"We had a great relationship at Chelsea and he was an important player for me.

"Will something happen? I don't know."

He added: "I like players adapted to my style of play, my philosophy of play. If I know them and have a good feeling from the past it is better, but I always feel I can create this kind of good feeling with players that I have never worked with before."

Admiration

Mourinho also admitted he has been a long-time admirer of Jenas.

But with his reluctance to enter the transfer market, Mourinho said it may be that a trade deal would be the only way of bringing the England international to Italy.

"I never worked with him (Jenas) but he is a player I have followed," he added.

"When he was at Tottenham, even when he was at Newcastle, he was a player that I liked very much. Who knows?

"If it is true that Tottenham have some targets in the Inter squad, then why not?

"Maybe then there is a possibility of doing a swap. But everything is harder in January and I don't think Inter will go into the market."