Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Talking of rescuing careers, not a transfer story, but check out this self-loving prick. Great levels of self delusion.

I wonder who the job Mourinho supposedly recommended him for was with.

I'd guess somewhere like Moscow or that Uzbeki team, Bunyodkor, judging by the family quote.

Guest Heneage

It doesn't make sense at all Nix, the rumors going around is that there is a change of plans. Whatever that means.  bluelaugh.gif

I bet Motta shit the bed when he read that. :lol:

"Where is my announcement?!" Sounds like you've made ground with another target for potentially less money, Jenas?

It doesn't make sense at all Nix, the rumors going around is that there is a change of plans. Whatever that means.  bluelaugh.gif

I bet Motta s*** the bed when he read that. :lol:

"Where is my announcement?!" Sounds like you've made ground with another target for potentially less money, Jenas?

I'm thinking Deco or Mikel from Chelsea. Both players Mourinho really likes.

babatunde, you seen much of Civelli for Marseille? What's he like?

Some rumours that he's signing on a free. Jacobsen being let go seems to add a bit of weight to that.

Some rumours that he's signing on a free. Jacobsen being let go seems to add a bit of weight to that.

Yeah, he's been quite decent for us the past two seasons. He sat on the bench for a good while, but had a very good run in the team as we were fighting through the league. He big (like 6'4-5), but not particularly talented or graceful imo. Still, he has wonderful fight and spirit about him. Disappointed the club is letting him go without even offering a contract. Great player to have on the bench, though not as a starter. Don't think it would be a great move for him though. Lescott, Yobo, and Jagielka are all better.

Yeah, he's been quite decent for us the past two seasons. He sat on the bench for a good while, but had a very good run in the team as we were fighting through the league. He big (like 6'4-5), but not particularly talented or graceful imo. Still, he has wonderful fight and spirit about him. Disappointed the club is letting him go without even offering a contract. Great player to have on the bench, though not as a starter. Don't think it would be a great move for him though. Lescott, Yobo, and Jagielka are all better.

Oh, I was under the impression he's primarily a right back that can also play centre half. Is it the other way round?

I think Lescott will be off once City offer enough money to us. I reckon his head will be turned by stupid wages.

Oh, I was under the impression he's primarily a right back that can also play centre half. Is it the other way round?

I think Lescott will be off once City offer enough money to us. I reckon his head will be turned by stupid wages.

Yeah, it's the opposite. However I don't think he has the quickness/nimbleness to play right back in Ligue 1, so I'd imagine he'd have difficulty in the Premiership. With the emergence of Baines and Jagielka, I don't think Everton would miss Lescott too much btw.

Yeah, it's the opposite. However I don't think he has the quickness/nimbleness to play right back in Ligue 1, so I'd imagine he'd have difficulty in the Premiership. With the emergence of Baines and Jagielka, I don't think Everton would miss Lescott too much btw.

Ok. Thanks for the info.

I think Jagielka is probably better than Lescott and Yobo is a decent player to come into the side but Lescott is still one of the best centre halfs in the league regardless.

If we get £20m+ for him then it won't be too bad. Around half of that will have to go on a replacement immediately though with Jags out 'til November at least. Then Yobo and the new guy can fight it out to partner Jags.

Ok. Thanks for the info.

I think Jagielka is probably better than Lescott and Yobo is a decent player to come into the side but Lescott is still one of the best centre halfs in the league regardless.

If we get £20m+ for him then it won't be too bad. Around half of that will have to go on a replacement immediately though with Jags out 'til November at least. Then Yobo and the new guy can fight it out to partner Jags.

£20m is a bit optimistic like. (though i hope you get as much as you can out of them)

I think they'll go elsewhere at that price imo.

I don't think £20m is optimistic at all.

Glen Johnson has just gone for nearly that much and City themselves paid £13m for Bridge who is deeply average. They're also looking at paying £15m for Toure who is older than Lescott, less important to his club and coming off the back of a poor season.

If we sell for any less I will be livid.

Glen Johnson has just gone for nearly that much and City themselves paid £13m for Bridge who is deeply average. They're also looking at paying £15m for Toure who is older than Lescott, less important to his club and coming off the back of a poor season.

I don't think it is optimistic, either, City will pay the fee regardless how stupid it is.

12m for Barry with one year left on his contract, I assume Lescott has a while to run on his, and as you say, Glen Johnson for 18m, Bridge for 13, 15 for Toure, that kind of puts it into perspective.

It is the right sort of figure, but only because Man City have sent things so fucking mental.

This is all heading for a very, very bad place.

I don't think it is optimistic, either, City will pay the fee regardless how stupid it is.

12m for Barry with one year left on his contract, I assume Lescott has a while to run on his, and as you say, Glen Johnson for 18m, Bridge for 13, 15 for Toure, that kind of puts it into perspective.

It is the right sort of figure, but only because Man City have sent things so fucking mental.

You're both probably right tbh, mental fees all of them.

Dave: £6m for Given, blame Given for that one, he forced himself out of the club refusing to play.

Barry kicked up a similar sort of stink when he was at Villa. But fortunately for them, they had a set-up containing testicles, and he played another season for them and then fucked off - for double the price of Given. For a lesser player, i might add.

Shay Given should never, ever have gone to City for £5.8m or whatever it was. His right hand was worth £5.8m.

Barry kicked up a similar sort of stink when he was at Villa. But fortunately for them, they had a set-up containing testicles, and he played another season for them and then fucked off - for double the price of Given. For a lesser player, i might add.

Shay Given should never, ever have gone to City for £5.8m or whatever it was. His right hand was worth £5.8m.

Have to say, I have my doubts (big ones) over MON's transfer market acuity, but I thought he played the Barry situation absolutely superbly.

I bet he couldn't stop smiling when he found out the most likely end result wasn't him going to Liverpool, either.

It is the right sort of figure, but only because Man City have sent things so f***ing mental.

Yeah, it's not a sustainable situation.

The main danger is the crazy wages they are offering which is more likely to have a knock-on effect at other clubs (and leagues) than the transfer fees. Just as it did with Chelsea.

Hopefully Man City will just operate in their own fucked up little bubble but I doubt it.

A large part of that was due to Shay Given's "come and get me" message. As well as the poor position Newcastle was in. Pretty much all their other dealings have been targetting relatively happy players at clubs who are currently more stable and better off than Man City.