Other clubs' transfers

Dave

NRC can f*** off.

Pretty harsh.

NRC isn't the best but he certainly isn't the worst either.

In a midfield alongside Cahill, Pienaar, Arteta and Fellaini he would be alright I think. The others would make up for his lack of technical ability and he would add a hell of a lot of aggression and drive. The guy does a lot of hard work in midfield.

I think he would certainly be an upgrade on playing Phil Neville in midfield.

He can tackle (well, more that he's an in your face, tenacious type), the problem is that he can't pass.

These are his specialities.

1. Tackles, wins ball, tries to pass it - at most - five yards to team mate, fails.

2. Makes run, box to box style, holds on to ball too long, runs into defender, loses it.

Well we don't need him, we've got a couple of players who fulfill both of those roles.

Versatility is the name of the game.

Campbell set for Sunderland talks

Manchester United striker Fraizer Campbell is to discuss terms and undergo a medical at Sunderland this weekend, BBC Newcastle understands.

United accepted bids from Hull City and Sunderland for a fee in the region of £5m, but Campbell rejected the Tigers' offer in favour of talks on Wearside.

The 21-year-old spent part of the 2007-08 season on loan at Hull, as well as a stint with Tottenham last term.

He scored 15 goals for the Tigers in their promotion campaign.

More to follow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/low/football/teams/s/sunderland/8144661.stm

Campbell set for Sunderland talks

Manchester United striker Fraizer Campbell is to discuss terms and undergo a medical at Sunderland this weekend, BBC Newcastle understands.

United accepted bids from Hull City and Sunderland for a fee in the region of £5m, but Campbell rejected the Tigers' offer in favour of talks on Wearside.

The 21-year-old spent part of the 2007-08 season on loan at Hull, as well as a stint with Tottenham last term.

He scored 15 goals for the Tigers in their promotion campaign.

More to follow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/low/football/teams/s/sunderland/8144661.stm

The new David Bellion?

Campbell's an ok signing for them. Pursuing Cattermole tickles me.

Naughton fee agreed btw. Not sure what the fee is though...

Naught?  :rolleyes:

Cease this tomfoolery.

Nigerian cenral defender Dele Adeleye is supposedly going to Everton.

Have Aston Villa been linked to any central midfielders? They've sold two now. Unless they're expecting Sidwell and Gardner to step up.

Aye he's claimed we've made a bid, apparently. Do you know more about him babtunde? Know he's young and tall. That's about it.

I honestly think Villa will struggle if they don't get at least 1 quality central midfielder in.

Cease this tomfoolery.

Fine fine Kyle do it. Kyle cease immediately.

You're upsetting me with this insubordination.

Cease this tomfoolery.

:-*

Nigerian cenral defender Dele Adeleye is supposedly going to Everton.

Have Aston Villa been linked to any central midfielders? They've sold two now. Unless they're expecting Sidwell and Gardner to step up.

Aye he's claimed we've made a bid, apparently. Do you know more about him babtunde? Know he's young and tall. That's about it.

I honestly think Villa will struggle if they don't get at least 1 quality central midfielder in.

Think Adeleye will be a great player. (I might be Slighty biased, since he's from my city and my hometwon club). Physically, he has all the tools to succeed as a CD in England. He's definitely a fighter and is surprisingly good on the ball for a player of his mould. Being a young defender he can be a bit foolish and will make mistake, but I think he'd be well served playing for someone like Moyes.

Campbell's an odd signing for me. Decent prospect, decent player but not as good as Cissé. I thought they had loadsamoney now? Doesn't seem a particularly ambitious one, that.

Cease this tomfoolery.

He's being a naughty boy.......

Guest Heneage

Pennant is on £2.2m a year AFTER tax, is getting a villa rent-free, and a car to play for Real Zaragoza.

Unbelievable.

How do you know that?

NRC can f*** off.

Pretty harsh.

NRC isn't the best but he certainly isn't the worst either.

In a midfield alongside Cahill, Pienaar, Arteta and Fellaini he would be alright I think. The others would make up for his lack of technical ability and he would add a hell of a lot of aggression and drive. The guy does a lot of hard work in midfield.

I think he would certainly be an upgrade on playing Phil Neville in midfield.

Neville had a very good season in midfield last year tbf. I used to hate him in midfield and think he should be played as a right back only but he came good last season and made an important contribution.

I would argue that Reo-Coker doesn't have as much nous or discipline for playing the holding role actually.

I'd rather not sign NRC personally, but if we do then I can see why Moyes might think he could get something more out of him. There were far less raw attributes there with Lee Carsley but Moyes turned him into a solid holding player after previously giving Claus Thomsen a run for his money as worst EFC midfielder of the last 15 years.