Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I'd rather keep Taylor than accept a £10m bid for him at the moment. If he's here next season, he's going to be one of our best players, and with absolutely no one to work on any incomings right now - it'd be impossible to replace a pretty important figure.

I'd rather keep Taylor than accept a £10m bid for him at the moment. If he's here next season, he's going to be one of our best players, and with absolutely no one to work on any incomings right now - it'd be impossible to replace a pretty important figure.

Even in the unlikely event that they wanted him, they wouldn't offer £10m because they'd know we we're not in a position to demand £10m. Nowt to concern us, the story is patently bullshit.

TOON’S £10M TAYLOR SET TO REPLACE TERRY

Sunday July 12,2009

By John Richardson

CHELSEA are ready to move in for Newcastle United’s England Under-21 defender Steven Taylor as they prepare to sell skipper John Terry to Manchester City.

Taylor – like Terry, a no-nonsense defender – was devastated by Newcastle’s relegation.

Spurs also want 23-year-old Taylor, who although born in London rose through the Toon youth ranks to become an adopted Geordie.

But it’s Chelsea who are poised with a £10million bid as they anticipate an increased £35m City offer for Terry – one they will find hard to turn down.

Chelsea have so far rejected two bids from ambitious City, who are armed with Sheikh Mansour’s millions.

But influential people at Stamford Bridge firmly believe £35m is too good to turn down.

Terry, 28, is already one of the club’s biggest earners on around £130,000 a week and Chelsea will not try to match City’s offer of a £200,000 weekly pay packet.

City are confident of signing Carlos Tevez from Manchester United for £25m and they will also step up their £18m chase for Everton defender Joleon Lescott.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/113359/Toon-s-10m-Taylor-set-to-replace-Terry

:idiot2: :cheesy: :mackems:

Guest Heneage

Even in the unlikely event that they wanted him, they wouldn't offer £10m because they'd know we we're not in a position to demand £10m. Nowt to concern us, the story is patently bullshit.

Not as unlikely as you'd imagine. Chelsea Spurs and Liverpool offered a good figure (don't know what) but it was turned down.

Nigerian cenral defender Dele Adeleye is supposedly going to Everton.

Have Aston Villa been linked to any central midfielders? They've sold two now. Unless they're expecting Sidwell and Gardner to step up.

Whcih two are they?

Gareth and Barry?

:lol: I was referring to NRC, who hasn't been sold, but is apparently on his way out.

Campbell signs for the mackems. Fee could rise to £6m.  :kasper:

Decent signing.

I agree - bad sign for those who continue to believe that Bruce will be a failure for them and that its just a matter of a year before we are top dogs again...NOTHING is guaranteed in football, as some on here will discover.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Not a transfer as such but Arnesen has become sporting director/director of football at chelsea!

has ribery signed for madrid now? that's what sky text are claiming.

Cant see it mentioned anywhere on the BBC football website.

I'd much rather believe the reliable source of Mr Monopoly, aka Florentino Perez.

Guest toonlass

Sunderland are desperate to sign cattermole!

They must be frightened that he is going to cripple some of their players after taking out Newcastle and Boro players last season.

We should be prepared to go as high as 8 or 9 million for Cattermole. He's young, tough and uncompromising AND can actually pass the ball long and short. Exactly what we need.

Worrying isn't it?

Him and his mate had a threesome with my mate's cousin and recorded it. Just after his dad had bought him a Middlesbrough season ticket too, surprisingly enough he came up with excuses why not to go but was too ashamed to tell his dad the real reason as to why.

Aside from being a dirty bastard with some of his tackles Cattermole is a decent player with the potential to get a lot better.

I don't see what all the mocking is about?

Aside from being a dirty bastard with some of his tackles Cattermole is a decent player with the potential to get a lot better.

I don't see what all the mocking is about?

Agree. Think he will be a good player. actually gets forward too, not one of these modern day centre mids who are content just to sit and protect the back four.