Other clubs' transfers

Dave

"When did I start thinking about moving somewhere else? In December, before Christmas," he is reported as saying on Tuttomercatoweb.it. "The more I saw Barcelona play, the more I wanted to leave.

"Moreover, I was fed up of Italy, of Milan, of your football: you play badly, there's too much stress.

"In short, I needed something else."

1628: Zlatan Ibrahimovic has launched a scathing attack on Italian football, claiming he is leaving Inter Milan for Barcelona because he is "fed up" with the fans, especially the ones who are obsessed with him, argue about their obsession with him all of the time and even have his picture as their forum avatar, the bloody pikeys. (Press Association)

Kind of hope djmattis see's this

Me too. fyp

How come he doesn't get considered as a "mercenary" by the way?

That's QPR, Portsmouth, Aston Villa, Southampton, Liverpool, Portsmouth (again) & Spurs in a relatively short career.

More nomadic really, didn't most of those clubs choose to ship him?

Only Villa and Liverpool wanted him to leave, Pompey right now to an extent too.

Darren Bent to Sunderland nearly a done deal - £15m suppsedly.  :kasper:

I'd sooner have Bent for £15m than Crouch for £10-12m.

No way. Crouch will do very well at Spurs, bagpuss knows how to play him, he realises he's not necessarily a targetman but does have 'control' of his feet, even if his gangly appearance disguises that now and again.

Darren Bent to Sunderland nearly a done deal - £15m suppsedly.  :kasper:

I'd sooner have Bent for £15m than Crouch for £10-12m.

I disagree. Bent was always a one season player, not really that good imo, nowhere near worth £15m. It's silly how many players are living on the back of one very prolific season yet manage to get big money transfers - Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Bent, Andy Johnson, James Beattie etc.

Bent will get more goals this season imo.

They should be similarly priced players mind you. Around the £8-9m mark imo.

Nope. Crouch is an established England international. Bent just couldn't cut it at Spurs and is moving back to the right level.

If Bobby Zamora goes for 5mill Crouch should be at least 20mill.

Getting 15mill back for Bent is nothing short of genius.

Bent will get more goals this season imo.

They should be similarly priced players mind you. Around the £8-9m mark imo.

Nope. Crouch is an established England international. Bent just couldn't cut it at Spurs and is moving back to the right level.

If Bobby Zamora goes for 5mill Crouch should be at least 20mill.

Getting 15mill back for Bent is nothing short of genius.

Darrent Bent has scored more league goals than Peter Crouch in every season of his professional career (apart from Darren Bent's debut season where he scored 1 goal in 5 games..). This includes last season. I'm aware that some of that is championship football, but the record sticks for the premiership.

Please explain why this will change?

Oh, and here is a list of the opposition that Peter Crouch 'established England International' has scored against...

Uruguay

Hungary

Jamaica

Trinidad

Greece

Andorra

Macedonia

Estonia

Austria

Croatia (finally, a good side..)

Ukraine

Now I know he can only score vs what is put in front of him etc, but his international goals are in no way proof of quality. He's a decent striker, that's all. Just like Darrent Bent is, albeit in a different style.

Good deal for both clubs, I think... unfortunately.

Spurs will play better with someone like Crouch partnering Defoe and Keane than they will with Bent doing the same, and dirty Mackems will need a good finisher to make up for all the chances that Kenwyne Jones misses.  Makes sense for both transfers.  Ho hum.

Being said that Bent will be £12m rising to £15m depending on 25 appearances and Sunderland avoiding relegation this season.  Don't know how accurate that is. 

Crouch was £9m all paid up front.

Bent has his medical at Sunderland tomorrow.  From his twitter page.