Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Jones in talks with Liverpool, apparently.

Bamboozling.

About a loan? Or have they raised £10m from phoning Ocean Finance?

I couldn't understand all the rumours about a loan... how is that in Sunderlands interests whatsoever?

Jones in talks with Liverpool, apparently.

Bamboozling.

About a loan? Or have they raised £10m from phoning Ocean Finance?

I couldn't understand all the rumours about a loan... how is that in Sunderlands interests whatsoever?

A loan, I'd assume. Talk of a swap with Babel. Mackem friend was just telling me they are in talks, that's all that's known.

And as far as I can see, it isn't. Unless he's hugely unhappy up there.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8465290.stm

Seems more just general talk about it rather than anything definite happening. By all accounts, Sunderland don't want to get rid of him so it's a thoroughly confusing story.

This move wold be so bizarre. He's too shit for Liverpool if they are even trying to finish top 4 this season, and Sunderland really can't afford to lose him.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8465290.stm

Seems more just general talk about it rather than anything definite happening. By all accounts, Sunderland don't want to get rid of him so it's a thoroughly confusing story.

This move wold be so bizarre. He's too shit for Liverpool if they are even trying to finish top 4 this season, and Sunderland really can't afford to lose him.

Wouldn't say they can't afford to lose him - IMO he really isn't a particularly great player. A few good performances when he can be arsed, but otherwise, poor. Getting rid of him in January seems strange though. Replacement lined up?

So rumours.

Kenwyne Jones to Liverpool

Benni McCarthy to West Ham

Gary O'Neill to Stoke

James Beattie to Wolves

Matthew Kilgallon to Sunderland

Victor Moses to everybody

Perhaps it's different because he's a former player (club legend, arguably?), but is there a serious case of motivation, VI? Due to his astonishing first year and a half, it would be hard for a few, I'd imagine, to keep themselves motivated. I mean, how do you improve?

Perhaps it's different because he's a former player (club legend, arguably?), but is there a serious case of motivation, VI? Due to his astonishing first year and a half, it would be hard for a few, I'd imagine, to keep themselves motivated. I mean, how do you improve?

This is it. He should've just won everything and retired. :lol:

That's one of the things that has been commented, but I believe his legacy - and challenge - would be to establish a dinasty, not just a tremendous season. Guardiola lives managing extremely intensely, though, and it is more or less acknowledged that he will burn out at some point.

Yes, he is a club legend, he was already before him becoming our manager, imagine now.

Guardiola has agreed to extend his contract with FC Barcelona for two more years  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

One year isn't it?  His original contract runs out at the end of this season, so he's only extended it for one year.

There's an option for another but any of the parts can pull out after the first.

Ah.  :thup:

That's how it's been reported in our media. However, ultimately this is just a verbal agreement, and the exact details won't come out until ink is put to paper after the elections.

Boyd in Villa talks

The Sun - Andy Devlin - ‎5 minutes ago‎

Newcastle United and Middlesbrough also remain keen on Boyd, who broke Henrik Larsson's SPL goals record last month. The player, however, won't be rushed ...