Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest toonlass

Benjani in talks with mackems - Sky Sources

They will be creaming, but he has repeatedly had problems with his thigh hasn't he and he is 31 too.

Guest icemanblue

Benjani in talks with mackems - Sky Sources

They will be creaming, but he has repeatedly had problems with his thigh hasn't he and he is 31 too.

Does he have a better selection of watches?

Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

Mackems creaming themselves over Benjani for 500k and 80k+ p/w week wages.  I wonder why Man City are so desperate to get rid?? I have my theory ...... He's shite

Guest toonlass

Martin Taylor has joined Watford on a 2 and a half (cheap bastards) year contract. Pleased we opted for loans and Williamson rather than signing him.

I am really, really sorry GG.  O0

"Sport" reporting that Barça has a preferential option over Cesc if Arsenal sells him to a Spanish club, apparently part of settlement for when they snapped him up from our youth setup. Never heard about it before (and they aren't the most reliable rag).

They also report that club and player already have a secret agreement. That would be illegal, but is most probably also not true (since on the same article they say "of course they will deny it if asked" several times  :laugh:)

Wasn't Fabregas part-payment for Overmars? If so, surely a first option stipulation wouldn't exist?

Arsenal signed Cesc before he signed a pro-contract with us, having spent his formative years at our youth setup. We threatened to take them to court because of it, and eventually reached a settlement with them. That included a bit of cash, Arsenal foregoing the last installment of Overmars transfer, and - Sport claims - this first option agreement. If this last bit were true I think it would have been known before, I think.