Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Fellaini was already linked to Madrid a couple years ago before Everton snapped him up, but that was another board.

Just went and lurked in the soiled dens of iniquity (aka Real Madrid forums), and they are reporting what you say although from a Belgian newspaper. They are all making fun of the afro 'do, too.

It's in all the Belgian media by the looks of it.

Apparently Spurs, Villa & Bayern were interested in signing him the same summer we bought him while Chelsea & Madrid had been scouting him as one for the future. Chelsea's chief scout (some Dutch guy) was quoted talking about him a few months ago.

I'd be gutted if he was sold so quickly. His performances this season were absolutely immense until the injury.

With Heitinga having done such a good job at DM though (correct me if I'm wrong) if someone was to come in with megabucks surely it would be a good move to sell and bring in another striker and a top class RB.

Guest Heneage

Some class sweeping generalisations in here like. :lol:

"Typical Italians"

Bet you're loving all this racism. :p

Guest Heneage

Some class sweeping generalisations in here like. :lol:

"Typical Italians"

Bet you're loving all this racism. :p

Shut the f*** up man Mario.

:lol:

You said what I hoped you would.

Still you have an avatar with a person who owns the shittiest "mentality" towards team mates and people who cared for him of them all, oh dear

Nothing to do with him leaving Inter of course? And we know that he left Inter because of Cuper as well.

Guest Heneage

Still you have an avatar with a person who owns the shittiest "mentality" towards team mates and people who cared for him of them all, oh dear

Nothing to do with him leaving Inter of course?

You're forgetting he crossed the divide...

Nothing to do with him leaving Inter of course?

You're forgetting he crossed the divide...

And was pretty good for Milan as well.

Fellaini was already linked to Madrid a couple years ago before Everton snapped him up, but that was another board.

Just went and lurked in the soiled dens of iniquity (aka Real Madrid forums), and they are reporting what you say although from a Belgian newspaper. They are all making fun of the afro 'do, too.

Apparently Spurs, Villa & Bayern were interested in signing him the same summer we bought him while Chelsea & Madrid had been scouting him as one for the future. Chelsea's chief scout (some Dutch guy) was quoted talking about him a few months ago.

I'd be gutted if he was sold so quickly. His performances this season were absolutely immense until the injury.

With Heitinga having done such a good job at DM though (correct me if I'm wrong) if someone was to come in with megabucks surely it would be a good move to sell and bring in another striker and a top class RB.

Heitinga does a good job of breaking up play but will never be able to dominate a midfield and dictate the game like Fellaini was starting to on a regular basis. I'd rather sell Rodwell tbh (if we must sell anyone, don't think we do).

Heitinga does a good job of breaking up play but will never be able to dominate a midfield and dictate the game like Fellaini was starting to on a regular basis. I'd rather sell Rodwell tbh (if we must sell anyone, don't think we do).

Ah shit forgot about Rodwell, knew there was another DM you had. Midfield, you lads certainly seem strong could probably do with another wide man as well as a RB and another front man in my eyes. Those three players and a decent run with injuries i reckon Everton could be challenging for the Champs Lge next season (depending on who the others buy)

Isn't Rodwell the next big thing?

Ah s*** forgot about Rodwell, knew there was another DM you had. Midfield, you lads certainly seem strong could probably do with another wide man as well as a RB and another front man in my eyes. Those three players and a decent run with injuries i reckon Everton could be challenging for the Champs Lge next season (depending on who the others buy)

Yeah, you're spot on. We need a pacey winger, a more reliable striker than Saha & Yak and a right back to get rid of Neville. Hopefully Coleman can be the latter but I think Moyes just loves Neville too much to drop him.  :angry:

Isn't Rodwell the next big thing?

Yes, but so is Fellaini. Difference is that Fellaini is almost the finished article imo.

Rodwell is still 2/3 years off from that so if we were forced to sell then I'd probably rather sell Rodwell since they'd both command similar prices.

What's your impression on Bylylylylsomethingdinov, 1878? When I saw him play earlier this season he seemed to have bags of pace and pinpoint delivery. Seems to have been injuried a bit, though.

But yes, apart from a striker you seem to have a fine squad.

When I've seen Bily (probs easier) I actually tend to think pace is something he lacks? Great technique in shooting and crossing but I thought his ability to take players on or run with the ball at great speed was holding him back.

When I've seen Bily (probs easier) I actually tend to think pace is something he lacks? Great technique in shooting and crossing but I thought his ability to take players on or run with the ball at great speed was holding him back.

Dunno where Everton play him but he's always struck me as more of a 10 than an 11 when playing for Russia.

Dunno where Everton play him but he's always struck me as more of a 10 than an 11 when playing for Russia.

Aye he played in the centre alot for Lokomotiv apparently so maybe that's more his natural position, but he's certainly played wide every time I've seen him for Everton.

Yeah, Bily isn't fast really. His delivery can be very good and he's scored his fair share of goals (a few of which have been great strikes) but he's massively inconsistent and has struggled with the pace & physicality of the league. Moyes admitted as much recently, I think that's why he's been playing him on the wing all season instead of in the hole.

I think next season he will be better and we might see him start to get the odd game as a #10.

Mourinho is a very good manager with great self-promoting skills, Ancelotti is a great manager.

:lol: This is such nonsense, man. Mourinho's record speaks for itself, man.

Which parts of his record? Porto?