Other clubs' transfers

Dave

He's scored a lot with his head, i don't think he is any better than Bendtner but he is a good player, improvement on Eduardo/Vela and, for the record, i think he'll be a good signing.

I'll bet he's not worse. He can't be.  :thup:

He's not an out and out goalscorer but he's very much an Arsenal player. On a free Arsenal have got themselves a great deal.

I disagree about Arsenal needing somebody to put the ball in the back of the net. It's the style of play they play that prevents them scoring as freely as they should be, not their lack of a 'fox-in-the-box' type player. I doubt if they went out and bought some kind of goal poacher it would make any difference. Their current squad  having a season with no serious injuries is good enough to win the league. Maybe a quality centre half aswell.

I reckon if Van Persie stayed fit Arsenal wouldn't have problems upfront. They do need a decent physical midfielder (Song, Diaby and Denilson are pretty average for a title-winning side) and some depth at the center of the defense.

I reckon if Van Persie stayed fit Arsenal wouldn't have problems upfront. They do need a decent physical midfielder (Song, Diaby and Denilson are pretty average for a title-winning side) and some depth at the center of the defense.

I used to agree with the lack of physicality in midfield, however Song has hugely impressed me this season. Diaby is meh, Denilson should be sold.

Can't really think of a defensive midfielder within their price range who would be an improvement on Song.

No attacking player could justify taking bergkamp's number so lets give it to a mentalist defender. Makes complete sense :thup:

I suppose Mr T wasn't "getting on no plane FOOL" so a Mr T lookalike makes sense in a way given that Dutch wankers fear of flying.

I used to agree with the lack of physicality in midfield, however Song has hugely impressed me this season. Diaby is meh, Denilson should be sold.

Can't really think of a defensive midfielder within their price range who would be an improvement on Song.

Yeah Song has made some strides this season, I admit, but I'm still not sure he's good enough for the level Arsenal should aspire to. But deserves a chance probably.

Forgot to add a goalkeeper in my list. And probably a new medical team.

Yeah Song has made some strides this season, I admit, but I'm still not sure he's good enough for the level Arsenal should aspire to. But deserves a chance probably.

Forgot to add a goalkeeper in my list. And probably a new medical team.

Oh aye, a keeper is a must.

Akinfeev is apparently out of contract in January. Fits Wenger's current 'spend nothing' transfer policy.

And they need some senior figure to marshal the team on the pitch to be honest. They crumble so easily. I distinctly remember when they went down 1-3 at the Camp Nou and they just looked at us passing the ball, no pressure, no tension. Something similar happened in the first Chelsea game this season.

Lets face it, at the beginning of this season, when most key players were fit nobody could stop us scoring. We just need numbers.

Even then you were beaten by Man U. You just can't impose yourself in a game with the big boys and Wenger doesn't seem to want to compromise his footballing principles in order to do so

The ManYooo game was very unfortunate to be fair.

Also, Song has been really really good this season, player of the season in fact. He's the closest thing we can get to Essien without paying £30m.

I'd say, after Fabregas, he is the first name on the team sheet.

Lets face it, at the beginning of this season, when most key players were fit nobody could stop us scoring. We just need numbers.

Even then you were beaten by Man U. You just can't impose yourself in a game with the big boys and Wenger doesn't seem to want to compromise his footballing principles in order to do so

People blame it on the way Arsenal play, but for me they just need some better players. Wenger has gone undefeated in the league with these same footballing principles.

The ManYooo game was very unfortunate to be fair.

Also, Song has been really really good this season, player of the season in fact. He's the closest thing we can get to Essien without paying £30m.

I'd say, after Fabregas, he is the first name on the team sheet.

You know fine well it's Van Persie.

The way they play now is very different to the way they played during 03-04.

It only appears that way because the quality of players they had were so much better then.

The way they play now is very different to the way they played during 03-04.

It only appears that way because the quality of players they had were so much better then.

They didn't play the same tippy-tappy football they play today. They had midfielders like Vieira and Gilberto to protect the back four and give them far more bite in the centre of midfield, they still played fluid football but they were far more direct in their play and were also alot more ruthless.

To me it seems like Wenger is now hellbent on building a team that plays 'perfect' football. He's transitioned his ideals entirely over the years.