Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Spanish journalist Julio Maldonado, who rarely talks s***, has just twittered that he's learnt from a "very good source"  that Higuaín will indeed be for sale in the summer.

http://twitter.com/maldinisport  (in Spanish, for you babelfish fiends)

Mental

And they wonder they never win the league. Fucking idiots.

Spanish journalist Julio Maldonado, who rarely talks s***, has just twittered that he's learnt from a "very good source"  that Higuaín will indeed be for sale in the summer.

http://twitter.com/maldinisport  (in Spanish, for you babelfish fiends)

That's fucking retarded. And that is being harsh on actually retarded people.

Who are they getting to replace him?

Villa is going to Barca, isn't he?

Can't see Torres going there, coming from Atletico Madrid. Could possibly see them trying to get Rooney if they are willing spend massively.

I thought the same about Torres actually but you never know these days, both money and trophies talk.

Higuain is a good player but scoring 2 and 3 against bottom half teams isn't what wins you titles.  He may progress and turn out to be a top, top striker but if they want instant success they be better off breaking the bank for Rooney (or Torres).

Higuain is a good player but scoring 2 and 3 against bottom half teams isn't what wins you titles. 

Shut up man, him and Ronaldo have 53 between them in the league. Their defence and lack of real quality in midfield is the reason they've 'only' accumulated 95 points so far.

I'd have thought they'll give Benzema a real run in the team.

Higuain is twice the player.

Wouldn't go that far but i agree that Higuain is better. It would be sheer madness to sell him but then from Real Madrid i wouldn't expect anything less.

Higuain is a good player but scoring 2 and 3 against bottom half teams isn't what wins you titles. 

Shut up man, him and Ronaldo have 53 between them in the league. Their defence and lack of real quality in midfield is the reason they've 'only' accumulated 95 points so far.

Higuain and Ronaldo missing golden opportunities against Barcelona x 2 and Lyon has nothing to do with it?  Your head is so far up Higuain's arse you probably never saw any of this.

53 in the league is impressive but like I say, scoring hatricks against bottom half teams means nothing.

53 in the league is impressive but like I say, scoring hatricks against bottom half teams means nothing.

It does if nobody else scores.

Madrid would have won La Liga any other year, and it's silly not to think this same team won't do it in the next few years. Make no mistake, even if La Liga is a bit s*** I have never seen Barça have such a domestic season in my life.

Fuck me, I'm talking like it's in the bag already, now I've jinxed it  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Madrid would have won La Liga any other year, and it's silly not to think this same team won't do it in the next few years. Make no mistake, even if La Liga is a bit s*** I have never seen Barça have such a domestic season in my life.

f*** me, I'm talking like it's in the bag already, now I've jinxed it  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Must be boring being a barca fan domestically apart from the Barca-Madrid games and any derbies. It's either 'fuck Madrid are ahead of us' or 'thank fuck we didn't lose the title'. Anger or relief, neither are great.

Probably why they treat the CL so importantly (understandably). Obviously you will know better, but even with our season this year I felt a bit of it... only a wee bit mind...

Used to be more fun, can't say I have terribly enjoyed the league this year. Just a bulldozing marathon between both teams. Buth a trophy is a trophy, when I was a kid we only won the league once every decade instead of 4-5 like now so I absolutely *don't* take anything for granted since this golden age could end any time.

f*** me, I'm talking like it's in the bag already, now I've jinxed it  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Must be boring being a barca fan domestically apart from the Barca-Madrid games and any derbies. It's either 'fuck Madrid are ahead of us' or 'thank fuck we didn't lose the title'. Anger or relief, neither are great.

Probably why they treat the CL so importantly (understandably). Obviously you will know better, but even with our season this year I felt a bit of it... only a wee bit mind...

La Liga is turning into a joke. Barca and Real Madrid take over 50% of the TV money in the league, leaving the rest fighting over scraps. The Prem is the epitome of egalitarianism by comparison.

wacko - did you hear the 'debate' on Soccer Saturday (well, Sunday) when Thompson choked about Moyes' comments about Everton being a more attractive investment than Liverpool? Obviously he took that as meaning Moyes thought we're a bigger club which clearly isn't the case, but I have to say DM had a point.

What do you think about the summer ahead, can you see decent signings coming in? As I've said before, I honestly think you'll need to get as much money as you can for Torres and rebuild with some quality, hungry players. I'm not sure how much you'd get for Gerrard; I still think Real would give you a disproportionate sum for him.

Used to be more fun, can't say I have terribly enjoyed the league this year. Just a bulldozing marathon between both teams. Buth a trophy is a trophy, when I was a kid we only won the league once every decade instead of 4-5 like now so I absolutely *don't* take anything for granted since this golden age could end any time.

I think this Barca side will go down in history as one of the all-time greats, though they might have to win another CL to cement that rep.

wacko - did you hear the 'debate' on Soccer Saturday (well, Sunday) when Thompson choked about Moyes' comments about Everton being a more attractive investment than Liverpool? Obviously he took that as meaning Moyes thought we're a bigger club which clearly isn't the case, but I have to say DM had a point.

What do you think about the summer ahead, can you see decent signings coming in? As I've said before, I honestly think you'll need to get as much money as you can for Torres and rebuild with some quality, hungry players. I'm not sure how much you'd get for Gerrard; I still think Real would give you a disproportionate sum for him.

wacko - isn't another major worry the new squad regulations? Gerrard is only one of four homegrown players who aren't out-and-out youngsters. I can't believe that Parry/Rafa/whoever allowed you to get into this position. Every time you look for an English (or "English") player clubs will add at least a couple of million onto the price.

I live in Germany, so no, I didn't see it. There's certainly some truth in EFC being a better investment given what it would cost you to buy Everton vs Liverpool, but ultimately they don't have anything like the same potential (i.e. the name and fanbase). Everton's current success is based entirely on the fantastic job that Gollum has done and is doing. If he leaves, it's hard to see Everton attracting one of Europe's top managers as a replacement.

It's all up in the air at the moment, entirely dependent on who buys the club and when. It has to be sold because the yanks cannot keep up the payments on their loans, and the banks have only extended the loans on the condition of a sale. It looks like Juve have withdrawn their offer to Rafa (though I believe he was only using it as a bargaining chip, rather than being seriously interested), but his staying is entirely dependent on what happens re ownership.

I don't believe our players aren't hungry; it's just been a rotten, depressing season. Gerrard desperately wants to win the EPL, and Torres desperately wants some medals, too.

At this point in time, we can't afford to become a selling club. If Rafa had Wenger's nose for a bargain, I'd say "sell 'em", but given what we paid for Johnson or Keane, it'd have to be a ridiculous offer for Gerrard (over £40m), and I wouldn't sell Torres at any price. How could we replace him?

"Rebuilding" is out of the question, because for me that implies that the core of our side is past it and isn't cutting it any more. We desperately need to hang on to the core of our side, the 3 or 4 truly world-class players we have (Gerrard, Torres, Masch, Reina) and replace the peripheral dross with more top-drawer players.

We'll see what happens, but I truly believe that last summer was our golden opportunity, what with Man Utd losing Ronaldo and Chelsea not strengthening their side. If we'd managed to invest in the squad instead of selling our most important player, we could have made a real fist of it. Instead, we're almost back to square one.

wacko - isn't another major worry the new squad regulations? Gerrard is only one of four homegrown players who aren't out-and-out youngsters. I can't believe that Parry/Rafa/whoever allowed you to get into this position. Every time you look for an English (or "English") player clubs will add at least a couple of million onto the price.

It is. That was the whole point of buying Johnson last summer and trying to buy Barry and Keane the previous summer. We got Keane, but the plan was to have him playing off Barry, so when that deal fell through, Keane was entirely surplus to requirements.

There is already a massive premium on English/homegrown players. I don't see the new regulations changing the prices that much.