Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Can't blame Milner like after the way he's been messed about by Villla  etc etc :rolleyes:

I was a little surprised when I read that comment from O'Neill. Milner appears to be somewhat of a t*** tbh, he's only been there two seasons. Great business for Villa though, they double their money in 24 months.

No, no, can't be Milner's fault.

Although I suppose MON will just spend it all on someone like Mark Noble.

And play him at right back.

Guest neesy111

Milner will be at his 4th club already when he moves from villa, does it show he's improved a lot, or is a player that is chasing money (remember he asked for a new contract only a year after signing a new one at NUFC)

It's obviously partly about the money, but I reckon he's canny ambitious like. Seems to take his profession seriously with his clean lifestyle etc. Wants to work his way to the top.

But when you actually sit and think about Milner for £30m  :iamatwat:

If Mon gets Ireland AND a massive fee then City are mugging themselves.

Guest pont-toon

Milner will be at his 4th club already when he moves from villa, does it show he's improved a lot, or is a player that is chasing money (remember he asked for a new contract only a year after signing a new one at NUFC)

his advisors will be telling him to make hay while the sun is shining so to speak as in their view 1) he wont get a better chance to join a club that will bring him medals and 2) to get that new lucrative contract signed as there is always a risk his career is brought to an early end from a freak or daft tackle

oh aye and the advisors 10% cut helps to stress both points

Guest Geordiesned

VI, ex-agent journo on twitter reckons Barca have a deal in place to sign Mezut Ozil next week.

his advisors will be telling him to make hay while the sun is shining so to speak as in their view 1) he wont get a better chance to join a club that will bring him medals and 2) to get that new lucrative contract signed as there is always a risk his career is brought to an early end from a freak or daft tackle

oh aye and the advisors 10% cut helps to stress both points

He is represented by the PFA and I doubt they act like normal agents.

VI, ex-agent journo on twitter reckons Barca have a deal in place to sign Mezut Ozil next week.

Been hearing about Özil for a while. People round here reckon it's a manoeuver to pressure Arsenal ("we aren't *that* desperate for Cesc, see?"). For sure we aren't signing both Cesc and him.

I'm torn about Özil, he seems quite unconsistant but brilliant on occasion. Would rather hijack Madrid's move for Khedira.

I asked John Cross from The Mirror yesterday if there's any truth in the Catalan media reports about discussions opening or whatever and he said "not a chance" i know it's The Mirror but still it pleases me.

If Cesc does go, i'd love to get Khedira play alongside Song and Arshavin behind RvP :fwap:

Also said a few Prem clubs are interested in Simpson, he would be a good signing for a lot of teams imo.

Good player.

fwiw, before somebody says, his chances at West Brom were shite playing in a difficult position.

Also said a few Prem clubs are interested in Simpson, he would be a good signing for a lot of teams imo.

Good player.

fwiw, before somebody says, his chances at West Brom were shite playing in a difficult position.

didnt impress for qpr tbh

Good player.

fwiw, before somebody says, his chances at West Brom were s**** playing in a difficult position.

Jay Simpson  :smitten:

Yes please!

Guest kingdawson

You taking the piss? Cause i honestly think he would be a brilliant signing for you, for pretty much nothing too.

They're a premiership team now therefore Jay Simpson would be a pointless signing.

You taking the piss? Cause i honestly think he would be a brilliant signing for you, for pretty much nothing too.

What? No!

Don't you remember me saying I wanted him last summer. Great potential and still just 21.

Guest firetotheworks

There's a good chance that the money will become very relevant in a negative way for Man City. If they're prepared to pay 30 million for Milner, they're strengthening Aston Villa, more than they are themselves. If they do that with other teams then the gap between Man City and the others will be a lot smaller than some think imo.

What? No!

Don't you remember me saying I wanted him last summer. Great potential and still just 21.

Oh good, sorry, difficult to read without any expression.

I wish we'd give him a go tbh.

There's a good chance that the money will become very relevant in a negative way for Man City. If they're prepared to pay 30 million for Milner, they're strengthening Aston Villa, more than they are themselves. If they do that with other teams then the gap between Man City and the others will be a lot smaller than some think imo.

Very good point.