Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Heneage

El-Muhammadi is a loan isn't it? Or do you mean a loan fee?

Yeah, loan fee. Should be minimal.

500k.

Julian De Guzman claiming his brother's agreed to join Mallorca.

Aston Villa reputedly trying to get Bellamy + Ireland + cash for Milner

It'd be a good deal for Villa if it happens

As has already been mentioned on here. They are going to end up improving everyone else and indirectly shooting themselves in the foot.

From my point of view swapping Ireland for Milner is pretty much even (Milner offering a bit more in work rate and defensive effort and Ireland offering a bit more creatively and going forward imo), and then you give them Bellamy who is a better striker than anything they have, plus some extra cash to play with. Very good stuff for Villa indeed.

Guest firetotheworks

If I was Villa, I'd be asking what the catch is. A much, much better deal for them than it is for Man City.

If I was Villa, I'd be asking what the catch is. A much, much better deal for them than it is for Man City.

The other issue is that City need to start shipping players out soon. Rumour is that the Milner transfer is the key for a merry-go-round with Bellamy replacing Young who's off to Spurs etc etc.

what is it about Jamie Milner that makes him so highly-regarded ffs??

He always was/is/will be average at everything except excessive step-overs and pointless (slow) running..  30 million my ass

Man City have to do this because due to their ridiculous transfer policy and the huge squad they now have, they have to move on a lot of their players, who are actually very good players.

The irony is that a lot of the players they are essentially going to be giving away, are proven prem talents and performers. However, the supposed improved players Man City have brought in are yet to prove anthing in this league. Will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The other issue is that City need to start shipping players out soon. Rumour is that the Milner transfer is the key for a merry-go-round with Bellamy replacing Young who's off to Spurs etc etc.

Aye, 25man Squads has a lot of clubs sweating.

i can see it helping clubs in lower divisions and bottom of prem a lot though, city for example might just send out players on loan as the deadline approachs if they can't get rid rather than have them sitting in the ressies

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Ireland is quality, though seems to be another Man C youth product with a screw loose in his head. Transfer fees have been pretty 'low' outside of Man City's deals, unless I've missed something.

i can see it helping clubs in lower divisions and bottom of prem a lot though, city for example might just send out players on loan as the deadline approachs if they can't get rid rather than have them sitting in the ressies

Oh aye. Though the deadline for squad registration is end of the transfer window, so it'll be tight business for some people, and I can see a few players missing out playing for half a season. Adds a whole new level to squad management.

That rather defeats one major point of the regulation. Are clubs allowed to do this? I'm beginning to hate the loan system.

what is it about Jamie Milner that makes him so highly-regarded ffs??

He always was/is/will be average at everything except excessive step-overs and pointless (slow) running..  30 million my ass

People will bring up his goals and assists from last season as evidence of how good he is, but imo if you slot Ireland into the same position in that Villa team with Young, Downing, Agbonlahor and Carew ahead of him, I think he betters those goal and assist numbers.

That rather defeats one major point of the regulation. Are clubs allowed to do this? I'm beginning to hate the loan system.

Thought you were a Spurs fan? Spurs have benefitted massively from the loan system. Hoovering up youngsters left right and centre.

Milner has become massively overrated recently.

i'd call it the english player syndrome but with englands wc no english players stock is terribly high atm, i really don't get it all he does is run around

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Because he's not at nasty evil Newcastle anymore. Sure he's improved, but its as if people have only now discovered his work rate. His final balls are still questionable.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He has endurance speed, where its a constant level of pace for a very long time, but its not blistering over 10 yards. Though it is odd how he's stock has went up for no reason other than MON doesn't want to sell him, and he was herald as a saviour pre-WC. Ashley Young made Milner better, as most opposition teams had two man shifts on Young to stop him playing, which allowed Milner a bit more space.

Thought you were a Spurs fan? Spurs have benefitted massively from the loan system. Hoovering up youngsters left right and centre.

I am, and we have, but that doesn't make it right. I have a little sympathy with the idea of loaning younger players to lower division sides, but with severe restrictions on quantity. Loaning players to other Prem sides just feels wrong, and the whole system simply benefits the big guns. One major reason to restrict squads to 25 is to stop bigger clubs buying up everyone in sight - if they can loan players out willy-nilly then nothing's changed.