Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Might be old news but Bruno Alves going to Zenit. Always thought he'd wind up at a bigger team than that.

Money talks. Zenit probably going to win the league so I guess thats a bit of a draw. They're not going to be in the CL til 2011 though.

Charles N'Zogbia has revealed that he has been assured by Wigan Athletic that they will not stand in his way of a potential move.

The Frenchman has been linked with a summer switch away from the DW Stadium with several sides allegedly monitoring his situation.

N'Zogbia, who joined the Latics from Newcastle last year, is eager to progress his career after finishing 16th in the Premier League last season.

"When I came here, I was in a period where I wanted to re-launch myself," N'Zogbia told L'Equipe. "Today I'm at Wigan but if tomorrow a good club with great aims contacts me, I am open.

"I have talked about it with my bosses. They won't put a spoke in the wheel."

France call-up

N'Zogbia is one of the players to have been pre-selected by France coach Laurent Blanc for the friendly against Norway, with the entire 23-man World Cup squad ruled out through suspension.

Should he win his first cap, it would put an end to talk of him playing for England.

He continued: "They talked about me (playing for England) but for me it's just something in the press.

"Until the moment someone at the Federation comes and talks to me about it face to face, I haven't even asked myself the question.

"In my head I'm French. There is no need to give it any thought."

Guest Geordiesned

Jon Stead turns down Blackpool. If they can't even attract players of his calibre they could well break Derby's Premier League record.

Jon Stead turns down Blackpool. If they can't even attract players of his calibre they could well break Derby's Premier League record.

:nope: I cringe everytime I see any Blackpool related news.

Still, they'll probably do a Derby and take 4 points off us.

Guest Heneage

Mackems creaming themselves at the possibility of signing him.

So they should he'd improve their team no end.

Pains me to think we made him what he is.

Guest Geordiesned

Balotelli's move to Man City could stall over wage demands. Considering the sort of wages Citeh are saying these days how much is he asking for?!

He'd not improve the mackems that much. Malbranque has more end product than Charlie, just less pace and flair.

Maybe a few years ago but not now.

N'Zogbia - 5 goals 6 assists in 37 app.

Malbranque- 0 goals 5 assists in 32 app.

Guest MrBrown

David James gone to Bristol City on a one-year deal.

Hopefully that puts paid to the Harper to Celtic, James to Newcastle and so on alleged carousel.

Laughable that a certain poster on here called James a 'very good' goalkeeper.

Laughable that Rob Green was your number 1 choice England goalkeeper.

Not really, he's better (and had a better season) than James and more experienced than Hart. In retrospect, young Joe should have got the nod, but no choice from the 3 could be considered laughable.

Contradicted yourself a bit there.

Guest BooBoo

Re Blackpool, its staggering that they are a PL side. They were a shambles when we played them in April. That goal that Nolan just walked into the net.