Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Still, when I saw Modric playing deep under Ramos he really struggled to leave his mark in the game. But the whole side was pretty awful and he'd just arrived.

He's just not a deep player anyway, imo. He likes the run forward with the ball into attacking areas instead of spraying it to the forwards like traditional players in that position. Also, he very slight physique would make it difficult for him to survive there in the CL or the Premiership

Guest kingdawson

I just don't think Modric should play deep.

There's nothing wrong with playing 2 'non-natural' wingers we do it and it's fine!

Agree but dropping Lennon is never going to happen nor should it. I suppose we could play Luka as the amc and Ireland deeper but Ireland possesses a bigger goal scoring threat and gets him self in far better attacking positions. Luka can play cm without sitting. Just give him and Ireland freedom to interchange and it's all good. Plus Luka is better at picking passes from deep position than Ireland is.

There's nothing wrong with playing 2 'non-natural' wingers we do it and it's fine!

Arshavin and Walcott?

Rosicky/Nasri/Arshavin all want to play behind the striker and come inside, Walcott does what he's told.

Agree but dropping Lennon is never going to happen nor should it. I suppose we could play Luka as the amc and Ireland deeper but Ireland possesses a bigger goal scoring threat and gets him self in far better attacking positions. Luka can play cm without sitting. Just give him and Ireland freedom to interchange and it's all good. Plus Luka is better at picking passes from deep position than Ireland is.

Just don't play two deep players. You dominate possession, play like the grownups :p

Wolves too. They've spent £16m more than us.

This is their second season in the PL they have money from last season. I am sure we will spend that much next year if we survive this one..

Yeah, that'll happen.

This is their second season in the PL they have money from last season. I am sure we will spend that much next year if we survive this one..

They spent £16 million last year aswell.

We wont spend fuck all.

They've spunked £16 million a pile of s**** tbf.

To think what we could get with that money  :undecided:

Coloccini and Xisco. We've really bought better with less money under Ashley,tbf. It's his big money signings that have done us, actually.

They've spunked £16 million a pile of s**** tbf.

To think what we could get with that money  :undecided:

Coloccini and Xisco. We've really bought better with less money under Ashley,tbf. It's his big money signings that have done us, actually.

Yeah but that was under Wise/Jimenez/DOF bollocks. £16 million now could comfortably get us midtable imo.

Hard to say who got the better end of the Jones deal. Probably Stoke. He'll fit into the way they play, and although Sunderland got a more than fair price for him, they are very short up front. Unless Bent completely carries them for another season.

Although I guess Bruce will resolve the lack of strikers by probably buying another so-so central defender.

Bent injury and Sunderland are down, imo.

Yup. Hard to recall a more accurate definition of a one-man team than last season, and not a lot has changed. I hope Bent gets crocked just to laugh at them panicking and much  :frantic: ing going on.