Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Chubby Jason

Looks like Schwarzer is now done  :no:

I find it rather odd that Wenger would go for someone like Schwarzer when Friedel or Given could well be available.

Guest Chubby Jason

Schwarzer is not an improvement on Almunia.

Yes he is.

I think Almunia is a terrible goalkeeper, probably one of the worst in the league, I think it's a little strange that Wenger has seemed happy to plod along with a s*** keeper in Almunia and now seems happy to buy an average/decent one in Swchwarzer.

Almunia is one of the best in terms of reaction saves i have seen, he has been brilliant.

Unfortunately crosses and flap-ability he's ridiculous.

I'm sure in terms of shot stopping Almunia has the upper hand and overall composure Schwarzer will win it.

I reckon they will 'break-even' as such.

Photographers have been summoned to The Grove.

Some movement on the Maik Franz front too, anybody know ANYTHING about him?

wiki seems to show he is profilic for a centre back. 1 in 3.7 games last season.

Jack Cork has gone on loan to Burnley again.

Some movement on the Maik Franz front too, anybody know ANYTHING about him?

wiki seems to show he is profilic for a centre back. 1 in 3.7 games last season.

Jack Cork has gone on loan to Burnley again.

If he comes in alongside Vermaelen, there's a lot of goal scoring potential there then (Presume they were from set pieces)

Guest Roland

Sulejmani loan deal to West Ham is off because he doesn't get a working permit for England.

Dembele of AZ refused the Birmingham City offer. Both clubs already agreed a fee of EUR 6 mln.

Guest BooBoo

Mackems snap up Wellbeck and Onouha on loan, why the hell can we not bring players like this in?

Two good additions by Bruce.

Mackems snap up Wellbeck and Onouha on loan, why the hell can we not bring players like this in?

thought you could only have one long term loan from premiership clubs, seems to be what people on here were saying.

Leon Osman is an underrated player imo.

Yep. Even amongst some of our own fans.

He plays very well in the centre but doesn't get many games there because we've got the likes of Fellaini, Arteta & Cahill.

Still does a pretty good job on the right though, high workrate and gets his fair share of goals & assists every season. Just lacks that bit of pace and strength to be real quality. He'd probably suit Italy well tbf.

thought you could only have one long term loan from premiership clubs, seems to be what people on here were saying.

Could be only one per club? :dontknow:

Sulejmani loan deal to West Ham is off because he doesn't get a working permit for England.

Dembele of AZ refused the Birmingham City offer. Both clubs already agreed a fee of EUR 6 mln.

Mcleish said that Dembele preferred other prem clubs who were in for him.  Wonder who?