Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8910570.stm - Stephen Ireland dispelling the myth all footballers are c***s.

Eto'o did the same with the Zlatan transfer last year.

Love the "ManCity feel that many clubs are taking advantage of them" line in the article.

Manchester City have offered Barcelona striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic a four-year deal worth £96m - or roughly £500,000 a week.

Full story: the Sun

Yup!  ;D

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/fulham/8911580.stm

Bellamy to Fulham, I can see that one happening.

I'll pop to a few more of their games if that happens.

Tottenham are to step up their £25m double swoop for Aston Villa winger Ashley Young and Manchester City forward Craig Bellamy with Spurs striker Peter Crouch set to join Sunderland.

Full story: Daily Star

Celtic are still keen on Bellamy but the Welshman would have to take a £70,000 a week pay cut to join the Scottish side.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Manchester City will not allow Craig Bellamy to join Tottenham with Fulham, Everton and Newcastle United expected to make approaches for the forward. (The Times)

I love the BBC's Gossip section, totally blows open how scatter heavy the papers are with their crap.

Big Sam's sales pitch for Jason Roberts, I just love how desperate he looks to get rid of him :lol:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/08/13/SOCCER_Blackburn_Allardyce.html

"We both came to an agreement that a parting of the ways was the best way forward and I am very surprised that we haven't had the phone ringing," said the Rovers boss.

"He has a very good track record in the Premier League and there are not many of his type about.

"When everyone is talking about finding a striker here is a front man with vast experience and goalscoring ability yet no one is picking the phone up.

"I am staggered about that one but from our point of view we feel it is better if he moves on and we look elsewhere when he has gone.

"But I wouldn't envisage anyone not coming in and bidding for him before the end of the transfer window because there are not many players of his experience become available at this time of the year.

"He is a home-grown player as well and that is another factor coming into the equation now."

£90k to £20k I'd imagine is more likely.

Which is still massively more than Hooper is on (which incidently, I do know ;))

Wasn't Bellamy just fined £160k for his interview last week - if so, that would imply he is on £80k per week as fines are normally 2 weeks salary.

Big Sam's sales pitch for Jason Roberts, I just love how desperate he looks to get rid of him :lol:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/08/13/SOCCER_Blackburn_Allardyce.html

"We both came to an agreement that a parting of the ways was the best way forward and I am very surprised that we haven't had the phone ringing," said the Rovers boss.

"He has a very good track record in the Premier League and there are not many of his type about.

"When everyone is talking about finding a striker here is a front man with vast experience and goalscoring ability yet no one is picking the phone up.

"I am staggered about that one but from our point of view we feel it is better if he moves on and we look elsewhere when he has gone.

"But I wouldn't envisage anyone not coming in and bidding for him before the end of the transfer window because there are not many players of his experience become available at this time of the year.

"He is a home-grown player as well and that is another factor coming into the equation now."

The fact that Blackburn are desperate to get rid when they are desperate for strikers themselves speaks volumes.