Other clubs' transfers

Dave

That's basically what he signed up for.

Perhaps he was promised that he'd be the first choice keeper when he signed the contract? Nobody really knows.

One of my mates is Scunny's 3rd keeper, but as he's still "young" in terms of being a keeper he's happy to fight for his chance, which he accepts won't be for a few years. However, he says that if he was in his thirties, he'd certainly be looking to move on, even to a lesser club. Given wants to play first team football (yes, I know that a lot of you will say he should have stayed here).

Guest Roger Kint

It must be awful for keepers - not like you can be versatile and play somewhere else.

I can't really blame Given now that he knows Hart will be number one all season. He just wants to play. I'd rather someone like that be looking to move away and play rather than sitting on the bench collecting massive wages tbh.

Too right. Bravo Shay for moving on after two games on the bench, he is all heart thinking of the skint arabs bank balance over his own!

So you think he should stay at a club where he's not likely to play?

How do you know what will happen? Hart could have a bad run, injuries etc but no he wants out after less than a week for gods sake. Piss taking, strop throwing twat of a man hasnt got the balls to compete for his place so wants out. Unlike you i think he should honour the contract he signed not think he is bigger than the club who paty his wages.

It must be awful for keepers - not like you can be versatile and play somewhere else.

I can't really blame Given now that he knows Hart will be number one all season. He just wants to play. I'd rather someone like that be looking to move away and play rather than sitting on the bench collecting massive wages tbh.

Too right. Bravo Shay for moving on after two games on the bench, he is all heart thinking of the skint arabs bank balance over his own!

How do you know what will happen? Hart could have a bad run, injuries etc but no he wants out after less than a week for gods sake. Piss taking, strop throwing twat of a man hasnt got the balls to compete for his place so wants out. Unlike you i think he should honour the contract he signed not think he is bigger than the club who paty his wages.

I agree. He joined a club, and competition for places goes with that territory.

If he'd fought for his place for a year, and failed, then I can understand him seeking a move. As it is, he's just being selfish.

How do you know what will happen? Hart could have a bad run, injuries etc but no he wants out after less than a week for gods sake. Piss taking, strop throwing t*** of a man hasnt got the balls to compete for his place so wants out. Unlike you i think he should honour the contract he signed not think he is bigger than the club who paty his wages.

If he'd fought for his place for a year, and failed, then I can understand him seeking a move. As it is, he's just being selfish.

I agree.  It was the same here - did not walk straight back into the team for the first game he was available for after injury and so puts in a transfer request.  It is only a couple of games that Joe Hart has been preferred to him, so you would think he would give it until January at least.  THis is what happens when you are playing for one of the top teams - increased competition for places. 

How do you know what will happen? Hart could have a bad run, injuries etc but no he wants out after less than a week for gods sake. Piss taking, strop throwing t*** of a man hasnt got the balls to compete for his place so wants out. Unlike you i think he should honour the contract he signed not think he is bigger than the club who paty his wages.

I agree.  It was the same here - did not walk straight back into the team for the first game he was available for after injury and so puts in a transfer request.  It is only a couple of games that Joe Hart has been preferred to him, so you would think he would give it until January at least.  THis is what happens when you are playing for one of the top teams - increased competition for places. 

Winston Bogarde......

Guest Roger Kint

If you cant understand the difference between a player crying like a bitch after two games and a bloke content to sit on a bench for about FOUR years then i pity you in all honesty. Ludicrous and utterly stupid to compare them :rolleyes:

That's basically what he signed up for.

Perhaps he was promised that he'd be the first choice keeper when he signed the contract? Nobody really knows.

One of my mates is Scunny's 3rd keeper, but as he's still "young" in terms of being a keeper he's happy to fight for his chance, which he accepts won't be for a few years. However, he says that if he was in his thirties, he'd certainly be looking to move on, even to a lesser club. Given wants to play first team football (yes, I know that a lot of you will say he should have stayed here).

He had the opportunity of first team football for the rest of his life, and he gave it up. Because he wanted success and money - oh well, 1 out of 2 aint bad.

If you cant understand the difference between a player crying like a bitch after two games and a bloke content to sit on a bench for about FOUR years then i pity you in all honesty. Ludicrous and utterly stupid to compare them :rolleyes:

I can see the difference between a keeper and an outfield player though, can't you?

I'm making the point that some players want to play, others want money.:rolleyes:

Guest Roger Kint

I can see the difference between a keeper and an outfield player though, can't you?

I'm making the point that some players want to play, others want money.:rolleyes:

Jesus H Christ. Congratulations for confirming two gobsmackingly obvious statements that every person in the world already knows and have NOTHING whatsoever to do with this debate. Maybe you should go for a hattrick and tell us that the team scoring more goals will win the game?

For any further response from me i suggest you refer to my previous post as its obvious you havent worked it out yet.

Vladimir Weiss having a medical at Rangers, loan move.

Super signing for the gers, after a worrying pre-season with too many outgoings, we are really starting to make moves now.

Jelavic has refused to play for rapid tonight as well so hopefully that deal will be completed soon!

Btw, if you think our ben arfa thread is crazy, you want to see the jelavic thread over on followfollow, 3500posts and counting!

Jesus H Christ. Congratulations for confirming two gobsmackingly obvious statements that every person in the world already knows and have NOTHING whatsoever to do with this debate. Maybe you should go for a hattrick and tell us that the team scoring more goals will win the game?

For any further response from me i suggest you refer to my previous post as its obvious you havent worked it out yet.

I've worked it out that you think Given is at fault for wanting to be the number one keeper at a club. I guess if I look back at the Given thread your view is that he's judas scum who should be shot, right?

Don't get so worked up about someone having a different view to you though, eh ;)

Capital letters means something is FACT :D

Vladimir Weiss having a medical at Rangers, loan move.

Super signing for the gers, after a worrying pre-season with too many outgoings, we are really starting to make moves now.

Jelavic has refused to play for rapid tonight as well so hopefully that deal will be completed soon!

Btw, if you think our ben arfa thread is crazy, you want to see the jelavic thread over on followfollow, 3500posts and counting!

Ben arfa one is already at 7442 popsts.

Guest Roger Kint

I've worked it out that you think Given is at fault for wanting to be the number one keeper at a club.

Another swing and a miss, impressive strike rate :clap:

Guest Roger Kint

No, as i keep telling you, read the post which answers what you continually fail to understand. Even stifler would have got it by now so well done. Cant be bothered with you anymore, havent got the patience to wait for you to work it out.