Other clubs' transfers

Dave

'BBC Sport understands Wigan boss Steve Bruce is currently in pole position and is ready to offer [Andy] Johnson a lucrative package to tempt him to the JJB.

But Sunderland counterpart Roy Keane is still hoping to clinch a deal.

West Ham have also been strongly linked with Johnson - and boss Alan Curbishley could yet make a late move if Everton make it clear they are willing to sell.'

Arsenal midfielder Alexander Hleb has launched an astonishing attack on manager Arsene Wenger and team-mate Cesc Fabregas, as he attempts to engineer a move to Barcelona.

The Belarus international has been seemingly on the brink of a £15 million move to Serie A or La Liga all summer, but has yet to actually leave the Emirates Stadium.

However, Hleb has made his position practically untenable in north London after revealing a rift with both Wenger and team-mate Fabregas.

The 27-year-old said: "My view of how I should be playing didn't coincide with the manager's.

"I raised the subject of leaving with Wenger twice before the end of the season.

"I think he was quite upset about it. But ask him. It may turn out he's happy to see me go.

"I don't know where I'll be next season but I'd prefer Barcelona. It is being negotiated and, hopefully, will be decided soon."

Wenger has already lost Mathieu Flamini to AC Milan, while Emmanuel Adebayor has been linked with a move to the Rossoneri and Barcelona.

It had been thought Arsenal's £35m valuation of the Togo striker had priced Milan out of the market, but the club's technical director Leonardo said: "It's no secret we're interested in signing a forward and we are looking for candidates.

"Didier Drogba is a fine player and I really like Adebayor. We are waiting for the right time to make a move."

To offset the potential loss of Hleb, Wenger is on the verge of signing Marseille playmaker Samir Nasri for £13m, while the uncertainty surrounding Adebayor has prompted speculation that Arsenal will make a move for Blackburn forward Roque Santa Cruz.

There is, though, still a strong possibility Adebayor will remain at the Emirates next season. Hleb, on the other hand, seems destined to leave, especially after criticising Fabregas, accusing the Spaniard of being one of the key reasons why he has not fulfilled his potential at the club.

Hleb said: "With scoring opportunities he is even more selfish than I am. Given the chance to shoot he always goes for it, unlike me."

Arsenal midfielder Alexander Hleb has launched an astonishing attack on manager Arsene Wenger and team-mate Cesc Fabregas, as he attempts to engineer a move to Barcelona.

The Belarus international has been seemingly on the brink of a £15 million move to Serie A or La Liga all summer, but has yet to actually leave the Emirates Stadium.

However, Hleb has made his position practically untenable in north London after revealing a rift with both Wenger and team-mate Fabregas.

The 27-year-old said: "My view of how I should be playing didn't coincide with the manager's.

"I raised the subject of leaving with Wenger twice before the end of the season.

"I think he was quite upset about it. But ask him. It may turn out he's happy to see me go.

"I don't know where I'll be next season but I'd prefer Barcelona. It is being negotiated and, hopefully, will be decided soon."

Wenger has already lost Mathieu Flamini to AC Milan, while Emmanuel Adebayor has been linked with a move to the Rossoneri and Barcelona.

It had been thought Arsenal's £35m valuation of the Togo striker had priced Milan out of the market, but the club's technical director Leonardo said: "It's no secret we're interested in signing a forward and we are looking for candidates.

"Didier Drogba is a fine player and I really like Adebayor. We are waiting for the right time to make a move."

To offset the potential loss of Hleb, Wenger is on the verge of signing Marseille playmaker Samir Nasri for £13m, while the uncertainty surrounding Adebayor has prompted speculation that Arsenal will make a move for Blackburn forward Roque Santa Cruz.

There is, though, still a strong possibility Adebayor will remain at the Emirates next season. Hleb, on the other hand, seems destined to leave, especially after criticising Fabregas, accusing the Spaniard of being one of the key reasons why he has not fulfilled his potential at the club.

Hleb said: "With scoring opportunities he is even more selfish than I am. Given the chance to shoot he always goes for it, unlike me."

Fabregas selfish?  :lol:

Now I have heard it all.

Hleb is such an idiot.

Jol, have you heard anything about Tommy Forecast signing for Southampton or is your cat's builder only notified about first-team comings and goings?

There was talk a while ago that Forecast and Joe Martin were Southampton targets but not seen or heard anything since.  IIRC, they were being touted for season long loans but Joe Martin (Alvin's boy) was sold last week to Blackpool.   TF from what I've seen of him has decent potential but not great, maybe Championship standard.  I think David Button, the England u19 keeper has far more potential than Forecast, but that's not saying he'd necessarily make Premiership quality either.

I'm hearing that Forecast will be signing for Southampton this week.

Confirmed.  :aww:

:clap: :clap: O0

Wish him well for the future.

From what I've been told this morning, he'll probably be first-choice 'keeper if they don't bag Richard Wright. Which is a likely situation.

Do you know if it's true that Spurs have paid £500k to Southampton now plus a further £500k at the end of the season to wipe out the £5m instalments payable for Gareth Bale?  That's what I've been told, sounds too good to be true.

Fabregas selfish?  :lol:

Now I have heard it all.

Hleb is such an idiot.

Who you're dissin'?!

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/images/2008/05/16/hleb.jpg

Jol, have you heard anything about Tommy Forecast signing for Southampton or is your cat's builder only notified about first-team comings and goings?

There was talk a while ago that Forecast and Joe Martin were Southampton targets but not seen or heard anything since.  IIRC, they were being touted for season long loans but Joe Martin (Alvin's boy) was sold last week to Blackpool.   TF from what I've seen of him has decent potential but not great, maybe Championship standard.  I think David Button, the England u19 keeper has far more potential than Forecast, but that's not saying he'd necessarily make Premiership quality either.

From what I've been told this morning, he'll probably be first-choice 'keeper if they don't bag Richard Wright. Which is a likely situation.

Do you know if it's true that Spurs have paid £500k to Southampton now plus a further £500k at the end of the season to wipe out the £5m instalments payable for Gareth Bale?  That's what I've been told, sounds too good to be true.

I know that Forecast was some of the bargain to wipe out some of the £5M, yes. I'm not exactly sure how much was going to be paid, but I know that the deal was £3M in appearances and an extra £2M based on CL qualification. So that £1M + Forecast + possibly first option on loanees or other youth players to go is probably about right. They did a similar deal with Arsenal for the Walcott money.

Guest Brewcastle

Roumours says both NUFC and Fulham have their eyes on the Norwegian midfielder/winger Per Ciljan Skjelbred. But they're not the only ones. Many clubs in Europe have followed the talented player for a while. So far it looks Fulham have shown most interest. And they'll probably go for a package-deal with Rosenborg that includes two players: "Ciljan" and Fredrik Stoor (defender). If Fulham succeed to close that deal, it's a clever move. That's two players for the future, and allready high standard.

From The Guardian:

"Newcastle United have been watching the promising Rosenborg midfielder Per Ciljan Skjelbred, but have not made a bid for the 21-year-old, according to the Norwegian club. Skjelbred, who turned down a contract offer from Liverpool as a teenager  :clap:, is in favour of a move to St James' Park as long as the clubs can agree a fee."

-Come on then!

Hleb has such an annoying face. I'll bet the Reading lad Murty has sleepless nights trying to deal with the fact that such a snivelly faced little rodent actually had the audacity to throw a slap at him.

Very good player though tbh, but the fact that he never has a go at goal is what stops him being really top class for me, making his little outburst against Fabregas quite ironic.

Pretty much any player worth their balls will have a go at goal when the opportunity presents itself, not Hleb though. I think he bottles it as much as anything, which is why he has less than 10 goals in 3 years at Arsenal.

Hleb has such an annoying face. I'll bet the Reading lad Murty has sleepless nights trying to deal with the fact that such a snivelly faced little rodent actually had the audacity to throw a slap at him.

Very good player though tbh, but the fact that he never has a go at goal is what stops him being really top class for me, making his little outburst against Fabregas quite ironic.

Pretty much any player worth their balls will have a go at goal when the opportunity presents itself, not Hleb though. I think he bottles it as much as anything, which is why he has less than 10 goals in 3 years at Arsenal.

Never shoots and never crosses. I don't think those spindly little legs of his are able to generate the necessary power to do so.

Guest kingdawson

Good work Hleb.

I know that Forecast was some of the bargain to wipe out some of the £5M, yes. I'm not exactly sure how much was going to be paid, but I know that the deal was £3M in appearances and an extra £2M based on CL qualification. So that £1M + Forecast + possibly first option on loanees or other youth players to go is probably about right. They did a similar deal with Arsenal for the Walcott money.

Great deal for Spurs then, stumping up £6m plus Tommy instead of £8m and possibly £10m. 

I 've got some sympathy for the Southampton fans though.  I think I'm right in saying that the club were bled dry by the previous chairman and as a result the crown jewels from the Youth Cup side of not so long ago have all gone for not a lot.  Shame.  If I'm doing the previous chairman a disservice, apologies.

He's a prick isnt he. Fabregas Flamini and Hleb were apparently "the" group of mates in the squad so to speak. Why would you say that about a friend?

And a manager that has helped you alot?

Oh, so he has no choice but be let to leave.

Twat. Go. Arsene Can replace him easily.

He's a prick isnt he. Fabregas Flamini and Hleb were apparently "the" group of mates in the squad so to speak. Why would you say that about a friend?

Surprises me the situation at Arsenal.

Flamini, Hled, Adebayor all were relatively nothing before Arsene Wenger turned them into top players; playing in a side that play the football every player would love to play in yet all seem desperate to get a move away.

Flamini, Hled, Adebayor all were relatively nothing before Arsene Wenger turned them into top players; playing in a side that play the football every player would love to play in yet all seem desperate to get a move away.

The grass is always greener man.  :rolleyes:

Personally I think they're making a mistake but they'll probably earn more at another club...

Great deal for Spurs then, stumping up £6m plus Tommy instead of £8m and possibly £10m. 

I 've got some sympathy for the Southampton fans though.  I think I'm right in saying that the club were bled dry by the previous chairman and as a result the crown jewels from the Youth Cup side of not so long ago have all gone for not a lot.  Shame.  If I'm doing the previous chairman a disservice, apologies.

The old chairman who's back again as the new chairman.

Hleb denying the quotes from him.

I believe he didnt say them, especially about Cesc. As he says, he is very good friends with Fabregas, its common knowledge and i dont think he will say this about his friend.

Hleb denying the quotes from him.

I believe he didnt say them, especially about Cesc. As he says, he is very good friends with Fabregas, its common knowledge and i dont think he will say this about his friend.

sure you did :lol:

t***. Go. Arsene Can replace him easily.

Aye, its always surpirsed me as well, i suppose you cant blame any player for wanting to earn more money but to hold the club to ransom like Adebayor is doing is a fucking traversty. I doubt he;d be earning even a quarter of what he wants if Arsene hadnt picked him up, i just dont understand why out of the top 4 clubs, Arsenal (in recent times) have probably had the least loyal set of players, The fact that i could name 4 or 5 players who have all actively seeked to leave the club would back this up, i cant think of similar 4 or 5 players off the top of my head out of the rest of the top 4 who have seeked a move away...

I sort of insinuated :p

Aye, its always surpirsed me as well, i suppose you cant blame any player for wanting to earn more money but to hold the club to ransom like Adebayor is doing is a f***ing traversty. I doubt he;d be earning even a quarter of what he wants if Arsene hadnt picked him up, i just dont understand why out of the top 4 clubs, Arsenal (in recent times) have probably had the least loyal set of players, The fact that i could name 4 or 5 players who have all actively seeked to leave the club would back this up, i cant think of similar 4 or 5 players off the top of my head out of the rest of the top 4 who have seeked a move away...

couldn't blame them at all.... it's the arsenal management fault itself... they shouldn't build a stadium based on credit money... comparing their wages at arsenal with some players at ManYoo such as Wes Brown every one could see it how unfair it is....