Other clubs' transfers

Dave

With the way they go through players, Silva would probably be benched or headed back to Spain. I tend to avoid City games but the few I've seen Silva has been playing on the wing.

He's much better in a central AM role though. He started his career as a winger but isn't his best position imho.

However good he is I think he would still struggle in the Prem (relatively, i.e. he'd still be good but a bit 'wasted' if you get me). Especially if they still play 3 DMs.

He would be amazing in the Premier League man, he's like Fabregas X 10.

I would rather Cesc tbh

Nernar.

Guest Stephen927

With the way they go through players, Silva would probably be benched or headed back to Spain. I tend to avoid City games but the few I've seen Silva has been playing on the wing.

He's much better in a central AM role though. He started his career as a winger but isn't his best position imho.

Can imagine cos of his stature he'll never be given a run through the middle by a coach like Mancini but you look at players like Nasri who have been playing centrally after initially being played left wing for the same reason. He's been fantastic.

I don't know about La Liga but in Premiership the smaller players are often used on the flanks. Silva has looked decent buzzing around the wings, I've probably only seen a diluted version of him in that case. The little I saw of him in Spain he was playing the wings.

Guest Stephen927

However good he is I think he would still struggle in the Prem (relatively, i.e. he'd still be good but a bit 'wasted' if you get me). Especially if they still play 3 DMs.

He would be amazing in the Premier League man, he's like Fabregas X 10.

I would rather Cesc tbh

Nernar.

Sounds like Neymar, sign him.

Can imagine cos of his stature he'll never be given a run through the middle by a coach like Mancini but you look at players like Nasri who have been playing centrally after initially being played left wing for the same reason. He's been fantastic.

I don't know about La Liga but in Premiership the smaller players are often used on the flanks. Silva has looked decent buzzing around the wings, I've probably only seen a diluted version of him in that case. The little I saw of him in Spain he was playing the wings.

He still plays in the wing for Spain, given our glut of talent in the central midfield. He started as a winger, and Pep actually tried to sign him in the treble season to perform that function. Valencia started to give him more and more freedom until he became a central player when Mata broke through. He is more able to run play from that position than in the wing. Mata-Villa-Hernández with Silva in the hole was absolutely mouth-watering to watch when on song.

The lithe number 10 isn't rare in Spain: Caminero, Valerón, De La Peña...   

Manchester City are reportedly preparing to make a stunning bid for Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta - who would be available for £85m.

Full story: imscouting.com

Manchester United are ready to make a significant offer to entice Barcelona full-back Dani Alves to Old Trafford.

Full story: caughtoffside.com

Real Madrid are poised to test Arsenal's resolve to keep Gael Clichy by offering France striker Karim Benzema in a swap deal for the full-back.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Arsenal meanwhile, have sanctioned the sale of keeper Manuel Almunia who has been told he can leave the club in the January transfer window. (The Times - subscription required)

Italian side Roma are keen to capture Arsenal utility man Emmanuel Eboue.

Liverpool have targeted a move for Villarreal winger Santi Cazorla as Reds manager Roy Hodgson looks to add more creativity to his side.

The Reds are also are rumoured to be preparing a January offer for Partizan Belgrade striker Cleo.

Manchester United have singled out Tottenham's Gareth Bale and Everton's Leighton Baines as the two players they will target to replace current left back Patrice Evra.

Chelsea have made inquiries about signing Borussia Dortmund defender Neven Subotic and VfL Wolfsburg centre-back Simon Kjaer.

Full story: imscouting.com

Nigerian striker Victor Anichebe is ready to back down in his contract wrangle with Everton and fight for his Goodison Park future.

Full story: Daily Mail

Sam Allardyce's dismissal at Blackburn has left Sunderland in pole position to land Sparta Prague's Slovakia midfielder Juraj Kucka.

Full story: Daily Mail

Bundesliga leaders Borussia Dortmund have approached Manchester City about signing striker Roque Santa Cruz.

Full story: imscouting

Real Madrid star Lassana Diarra has not ruled out a January return to the Premier League with both Manchester United and Tottenham interested in the former Chelsea and Arsenal midfielder.

Full story: talkSPORT

Everton are monitoring Stephen Ireland's showdown talks with Aston Villa, with a view to making a January move for the midfielder.

Defender Nedum Onuoha is ready to quit Manchester City and join Sunderland for £6m where he is enjoying a successful loan spell.

Full story: Daily Star

Stoke are set to make a £2m January swoop for Birmingham winger Seb Larsson - who is out of contract at the end of the season.

Full story: the Sun

West Ham have joined the hunt to snap up Barnsley winger Adam Hammill.

Bayern Munich are interested in Ajax goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg - leaving Manchester United in pole position to land Manuel Neuer.

Meanwhile, Munich forward Mario Gomez is attracting interest from top European clubs including Liverpool, Tottenham and Juventus.

Full story: sport.co.uk

Werder Bremen central defender Per Mertesacker is set to quit the Bundesliga club with Arsenal interested in the German international.

Middlesbrough are set for a clear out in January with David Wheater, Gary O'Neil and Kris Boyd being tipped for the chop.

Wolves are interested in bringing Tottenham striker Robbie Keane and Manchester City defender Joleon Lescott back to Molineux.

Meanwhile, Munich forward Mario Gomez is attracting interest from top European clubs including Liverpool, Tottenham and Juventus.

He's on fire at Bayern and they're a much bigger club than all of those. Would be the ideal signing for Spurs though.

Man City do have 1st dibs on Neymar.  Was part of the deal that sent Robinho on loan last year.  Also cannot see Man U making any major signings in Jan as just not SAF's style.  They have never made signings of any note in January.  One rumour i did hear was Ireland and Richard Dunne to Sunderland

Spanish press reporting today it's Barça who has tied up Neymar. It's starting to sound like those bad sitcoms where the protagonist has agreed to a date with two girls the same night.

Real Madrid are poised to test Arsenal's resolve to keep Gael Clichy by offering France striker Karim Benzema in a swap deal for the full-back.

Wouldn't be too bad how Clichy is playing, wouldn't want a swap though. Cash and get an older LB whilst Gibbs comes through a bit.

Arsenal meanwhile, have sanctioned the sale of keeper Manuel Almunia who has been told he can leave the club in the January transfer window. (The Times - subscription required)

Good, goodbye, best of luck.

Italian side Roma are keen to capture Arsenal utility man Emmanuel Eboue.

No thanks, he's so useful to have in the team, provides very good cover of a few positions and seems to bring up team spirit a lot.

Stoke are set to make a £2m January swoop for Birmingham winger Seb Larsson - who is out of contract at the end of the season.

Would be a class signing for them, always thought he could be playing top 6/7 myself. I'm not sure where they'd play him though with Etherington playing really well and Pennant also playing well, perhaps they won't be taking up the signing option on Pennant?

Ash doesn't want to swap Benzema for Clichy? What world are we living in that Clichy's more valued than Benzema? :lol:

Wenger would do that deal in instant. How can you turn down a young, quick, very talented striker who possesses all the physical attributes of a world class player for a left-back who hasn't progressed in two years?

Benzema is a true striker. He is the kind of player that Arsenal haven't had for years, and he'd flourish in their system because his movement is good, and finishing very good as well. He's a bit lazy but that's just a French thing; Arsene will sort it out.

Ash doesn't want to swap Benzema for Clichy? What world are we living in that Clichy's more valued than Benzema? :lol:

Wenger would do that deal in instant. How can you turn down a young, quick, very talented striker who possesses all the physical attributes of a world class player for a left-back who hasn't progressed in two years?

Benzema is a true striker. He is the kind of player that Arsenal haven't had for years, and he'd flourish in their system because his movement is good, and finishing very good as well. He's a bit lazy but that's just a French thing; Arsene will sort it out.

We don't need a striker, get rid of Bendtner and Vela and yes but he also seems a bit like a trouble maker and we don't want that.