Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Didn't Mou sign Mancini, Quaresma and Muntari in his first season? Quite the treble of terror there.

Correct.

It's worth noting that Marco Branca does a lot of the transfer dealings. Often Mou would only ask for a type of player he wanted, for example at the start of last season he wanted a ball-playing central defender and asked for Carvalho since he knows him personally. Instead he got given Lucio.

Gabriele Oriali was also involved in transfers, but I believe he's since moved on.

That first season Mou wanted to go 4-3-3 with Ibra flanked by two wingers. Both wingers flopped, philosphy changed and both Mancini and Quaresma barely played for the next year and a half.

(if Man City are indeed thick enough to sell Adam Johnson, Ashley should be getting his fucking wallet out immediately.)

Chelsea should go for him. If Arsenal weren't so well filled in the wide positions i'd say Arsenal should go for him.

(if Man City are indeed thick enough to sell Adam Johnson, Ashley should be getting his fucking wallet out immediately.)

Chelsea should go for him. If Arsenal weren't so well filled in the wide positions i'd say Arsenal should go for him.

If City were to sell him, they'd do what they're doing with Given and only allow sale to 'lower' level clubs.

Muntari is no world beater, and I'm no fan of his, but it was obvious he was going to be putrid in Italy. Very disciplined league which requires some mental aptitude and good technical ability. He will look much better in the prem, as he did with Portsmouth. Better suits the more open and counter attacking style.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Robbie Keane to Fulham apparently.

Good

This is a smith/duff/owen/babayaro/geremi type signing as far as I am concerned. He is never going to light a league up. Ffs it took him 5 or 6 games for Celtic to score

Signing a player based on reputation and with their best years behind them is the old Newcastle.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Zamora and 5m is the deal agreed.

You have been done! No way is Zamora worth 12 million+

Guest kingdawson

They're giving us the £5m.

Guest Stephen927

They're giving us the £5m.

Great deal for Spurs, shit deal for Fulham.