Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Is it not worth having a striker in the squad? Seems strange not to have one at all.

Well, Villa is a striker even if he's on the wing.

To be frank, Guardiola's replicating Cruyff's tactic before the signing of Romario, we didn't play a striker then, with Laudrup coming from deep and Stoichkov and either Goiko or Txiki cutting inside.

More like a forward that can play in the wing. Pretty much what Pedro/Villa do. Also a CB or two. If there's enough money (doubtful) get Cesc to ready him as Xavi's understudy.

We've been linked to a crapload of players, nothing solid so far.

Any names who you would like?

More like a forward that can play in the wing. Pretty much what Pedro/Villa do. Also a CB or two. If there's enough money (doubtful) get Cesc to ready him as Xavi's understudy.

Of the ones we've been linked to, Neymar would be... interesting. Sometimes I feel we lack that additional bite in the last third that Henry gave us in the treble year, somebody that defences are terrified of apart from Messi.

I also want Cesc though, and there's no money for them both. We need to ready ourselves to replace Xavi, whose fitness hasn't been the best this year although he can go for a bit yet, but will need more rest. Same with Puyol hence another CB, although we haven't been linked to one yet.

We have also been linked with Pastore (he's been linked to Madrid, but don't think he'll go there after RM buying Sahin and possibly Altintop), who doesn't really float my boat.

Of the ones we've been linked to, Neymar would be... interesting. Sometimes I feel we lack that additional bite in the last third that Henry gave us in the treble year, somebody that defences are terrified of apart from Messi.

I also want Cesc though, and there's no money for them both. We need to ready ourselves to replace Xavi, whose fitness hasn't been the best this year although he can go for a bit yet, but will need more rest. Same with Puyol hence another CB, although we haven't been linked to one yet.

We have also been linked with Pastore (he's been linked to Madrid, but don't think he'll go there after RM buying Sahin and possibly Altintop), who doesn't really float my boat.

I always hear about Barca not having a load of money, and I just dont get it? with your success, stadium size etc.

How come? Excuse my ignorance by the way.

We inherited a huge debt from the board in the 2000s, we were very unsuccessful during those years and threw money at it every season with some mental deals. The largest part of our debt was accrued during those years. The last board did well at the beginning but lost his way a bit towards the end (see the Zlatan deal), also we were hit with a huge tax fine (€40m) for some dodgy behavior by our board in the 1990s. That said, I'm not hugely worried about our mid-term stability, particularly after throwing the towel and getting an sponsor (€35m a year will make a big difference to our bottom line) but probably will affect us in the transfer market. Can't see us making more than one marquee signing this summer.

Also, he's not been linked to us, but the player I'd love us to sign the most is Kun Agüero. Think he'd fit us as a glove.

Adebayor states he was close to joining us in January.

I hope you weren't part of the racist chanting KD?

Clubs should only sign him on 6 month contracts, i'm surprised he'll go to a club who won't pay him a lot (relative) and have no European football next year.

Guest kingdawson

Racist chanting seems more your thing tbh. Anyway he'd start if he does come and uefa cup football is still a possibility (well I'd rather we didn't like I said before).

If spuds treat him right and kept him interested he'd be a magnificent signing. You'd have 4th spot sown up had you bought him start of the season.

Problem being he'll have half a good season then be looking to move to Barcelona or Inter Milan then form will drop off and you're stuck with a moody striker on massive wages not putting the effort in.

If spuds treat him right and kept him interested he'd be a magnificent signing. You'd have 4th spot sown up had you bought him start of the season.

Problem being he'll have half a good season then be looking to move to Barcelona or Inter Milan then form will drop off and you're stuck with a moody striker on massive wages not putting the effort in.

Are you having a laugh? City in part got 4th spot because they cut their losses with the brainless b******.

Are you having a laugh? City in part got 4th spot because they cut their losses with the brainless b******.

More to do with Silva and Yaya Toure while having no challenge from Liverpool than getting rid of Adebayor.

Guest kingdawson

Adebayor would be good for Spurs if you knew he would keep his head screwed on the whole season. Still think they would need a more pacey striker alongside him.

I agree.

Guest kingdawson

Good job West Ham are getting relegated and Keane's coming back then? :laugh:

No bad for us and i wouldn't laugh just yet as your own club might be mad enough to put a bid in.

Guest kingdawson

We could have done with him for this season, but he's not what we need now. Target man ftw.

He's been pretty s*** since he went to West Ham.

Pretty shit?

He's been fucking abysmal. The west ham fans despise him already (was pretty obvious it was gonna fail miserably). Still think we'll get some bids in from some delusional premiership teams tbh.

More to do with Silva and Yaya Toure while having no challenge from Liverpool than getting rid of Adebayor.

And no challenge from Spurs. Why you think they'd finish 4th with Emmanuel Offside is beyond me.

Guest kingdawson

And no challenge from Spurs. Why you think they'd finish 4th with Emmanuel Offside is beyond me.

Emmanuel offside that actually scores goals is better than Jermain Offside, Roman nostrength and Peter 1goalin300.

We could have done with him for this season, but he's not what we need now. Target man ftw.

He's been pretty s*** since he went to West Ham.

Pretty s***?

He's been f***ing abysmal. The west ham fans despise him already (was pretty obvious it was gonna fail miserably). Still think we'll get some bids in from some delusional premiership teams tbh.

He's only played a handful of games, and he's been no worse than Defoe this season.

Would still have taken a loan punt on him in January. Keane > Lovenkrands.