Newcastle United 0 - 2 Chelsea - 05/05/08 - post match reaction from page 13

James

Well i'd say it really does put to bed the myth that Taylor can't play football against the top clubs & top strikers doesn't it

Well I will say this to you and I hope you listen......YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SPECSAVERS!

What?

You need new glasses if you think Taylor was poor today,he was one of our best players today

:lol:

Well i'd say it really does put to bed the myth that Taylor can't play football against the top clubs & top strikers doesn't it

Well I will say this to you and I hope you listen......YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SPECSAVERS!

What?

You need new glasses if you think Taylor was poor today,he was one of our best players today

:lol:

That's the funniest quote pyramid -ever-.

Well i'd say it really does put to bed the myth that Taylor can't play football against the top clubs & top strikers doesn't it?

Its the way he plays against poor teams that im more worried about....i wouldnt count my chicken yet but yes he has been good today, fair play to him. We havent lost today to poor defending just lost down to pure quality of the opposition, its been a case of 2 extra bits of quality which have made all the difference.

He's been good for several games now.

Except for the free header he let Zamora win for Ashton's goal last week, oh and the poor marking job he done on Terry for his header that hit the bar.

On a serious note Taylor was excellent today as was the whole of the back four and Nicky Butt, we set out a strong defensive unit and Chelsea struggled to break it down, it's no good having the odd excellent game like that against the top teams if you can't keep it up over a long period of time, which is what the whole back four unit need to do next season.

What?

Do you realise your error?

Well i'd say it really does put to bed the myth that Taylor can't play football against the top clubs & top strikers doesn't it?

Its the way he plays against poor teams that im more worried about....i wouldnt count my chicken yet but yes he has been good today, fair play to him. We havent lost today to poor defending just lost down to pure quality of the opposition, its been a case of 2 extra bits of quality which have made all the difference.

He's been good for several games now.

But has that been down to him stepping up his game, or the team not having to defend as much...likei say, he had to defend today and defended well but ill still have reservations about him. Ill wait till he domintates a forward like Faye before i truly pass judgment on his ability.

Great first half performance, Cheslea just too good for us in the second.

Smith and Duff were awful tbh, MUST get rid of in the summer. Zog looked great when he came on I thought, really hope there's a place for him in the team next season. Taylor and Martins were great, Barton, Faye, Beye and Butt were solid as always.

Not too dissatisfied with the result, we gave them a hell of a good game for 45 minutes and this IS Chelsea we just played tbh.

Was never a free-kick for the first, however can't excuse the marking. Lost interest since then really...

Oh, and it's about time we sold Owen and bought a decent striker.

Seriously, what's going on here?

We could put the money towards a self sufficient striker, a forward who doesn't require half a dozen chances before he eventually takes one...

Like? You seem to be under the impression we can go out and buy another world class striker? We aren't even in the top half of the table ffs. Out of our 3 strikers we should look to replace Viduka and a young backup striker.

Owen? World class? Seriously? Your pulling my leg right? Don't see why we should be building an entire system on him, stick two up top and go back to four-four-two...

What are you talking about?  We aren't playing four-four-two for a number of reasons, some of which have nothing to do with Owen.  Our wingers are injured and shit, for example.  We don't score playing 4-4-2 being another good one. 

What?

Are you thick or down right stupid?

Answers in the next post please.

Moron.

What?

Lost for words. :-X

fat sam: "Newcastle played like my team first half and kevins team second half"

Are you fucking joking me?

This wasn't really said, was it? I mean...no. That was a joke, right?

I think the fact that we're not sure tells a story in itself.

Says it all. Rob is the man for not confirming or denying, as well.

Duff through on goal, slips without getting ball under control. And he's still a top player?

Not a top player, but he's still a better footballer than our other midfielders.

Any chance that Stoke will be tempted to take Smith off our hands as a freebie? <_<

fat sam: "Newcastle played like my team first half and kevins team second half"

Are you f****** joking me?

This wasn't really said, was it? I mean...no. That was a joke, right?

yes it was a joke... you don't think he's that arrogant do you?  err

With regards to the first goal conceded, people are being unfair on Smith (who was otherwise shite).

As the corner was taken, Smith was tightly marking Carvalho. Butt was on Ballack. Butt is ball watching and Ballack peels off unnoticed. Smith sees where the ball is going and makes a last ditch charge towards Ballack and hence looked like the player who should  have been on him when he was in fact trying to fill in for another player's duty.

Was never a free-kick for the first, however can't excuse the marking. Lost interest since then really...

Oh, and it's about time we sold Owen and bought a decent striker.

Seriously, what's going on here?

We could put the money towards a self sufficient striker, a forward who doesn't require half a dozen chances before he eventually takes one...

Like? You seem to be under the impression we can go out and buy another world class striker? We aren't even in the top half of the table ffs. Out of our 3 strikers we should look to replace Viduka and a young backup striker.

Owen? World class? Seriously? Your pulling my leg right? Don't see why we should be building an entire system on him, stick two up top and go back to four-four-two...

Fair enough he's not who he used to be but he still get's you goals no matter how shit we have been. I would of agreed with you if we were in the position to sell Owen and bring someone of better quality in but we've just survived a relegation scare this season, it's hardly an attractive proposition now is it?

Guest optimistic nit

We need more arguments between people who agree with each other!

absolutely, you cock!

We need more arguments between people who agree with each other!

Sign of the times.  :coolsmiley:

Don't fuking bring me in to his level of stupidity, he's on his own here.

Guest optimistic nit

Why did Smith come on for Viduka? Why did Duff come on for Geremi? Both Smith and Duff must be replaced.

Apparently Viduka got a "kick to the achiles" which finished him off.

that would be a great band name.