Newcastle United 0 - 2 Chelsea - 05/05/08 - post match reaction from page 13

James

With regards to the first goal conceded, people are being unfair on Smith (who was otherwise shite).

As the corner was taken, Smith was tightly marking Carvalho. Butt was on Ballack. Butt is ball watching and Ballack peels off unnoticed. Smith sees where the ball is going and makes a last ditch charge towards Ballack and hence looked like the player who should  have been on him when he was in fact trying to fill in for another player's duty.

Our marking was shit on the majority of dead balls we defended.

Guest sittingontheball

Great first half performance, Cheslea just too good for us in the second.

Smith and Duff were awful tbh, MUST get rid of in the summer. Zog looked great when he came on I thought, really hope there's a place for him in the team next season. Taylor and Martins were great, Barton, Faye, Beye and Butt were solid as always.

Not too dissatisfied with the result, we gave them a hell of a good game for 45 minutes and this IS Chelsea we just played tbh.

Agree with most of that.  I think it was Butt who lost Ballack for his header, but he shouldn't have been on him to start with.

Smith and Duff were awful tbh, MUST get rid of in the summer. Zog looked great when he came on I thought, really hope there's a place for him in the team next season. Taylor and Martins were great, Barton, Faye, Beye and Butt were solid as always.

Not too dissatisfied with the result, we gave them a hell of a good game for 45 minutes and this IS Chelsea we just played tbh.

Zog looked great?

fat sam: "Newcastle played like my team first half and kevins team second half"

Are you f****** joking me?

This wasn't really said, was it? I mean...no. That was a joke, right?

yes it was a joke... you don't think he's that arrogant do you?  err

Yes!

Guest sittingontheball

It was a free kick, not a corner, but James' version is what I saw.

With regards to the first goal conceded, people are being unfair on Smith (who was otherwise shite).

As the corner was taken, Smith was tightly marking Carvalho. Butt was on Ballack. Butt is ball watching and Ballack peels off unnoticed. Smith sees where the ball is going and makes a last ditch charge towards Ballack and hence looked like the player who should  have been on him when he was in fact trying to fill in for another player's duty.

Yep, Ballack was definitely Butt's man.

Smith was beyond shit though, did he do anything right?

Hope we can beat Everton on Sunday, they're such a boring team, much rather see Villa grabbing 5th.

Zog looked great?

He looked like someone who didn't give a shit really.

We need more arguments between people who agree with each other!

Sign of the times.  :coolsmiley:

Don't fuking bring me in to his level of stupidity, he's on his own here.

Wasn't having a go at either of you, TT! ;)

It's just pretty nice/funny that the only real source of contention after a loss is a misunderstanding by him that you were anything but happy with Taylor's performance.

...only, it's not nearly as funny when you have to type it out like that. ^ :)

Well i'd say it really does put to bed the myth that Taylor can't play football against the top clubs & top strikers doesn't it

Well I will say this to you and I hope you listen......YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SPECSAVERS!

What?

You need new glasses if you think Taylor was poor today,he was one of our best players today

Are you thick or down right stupid?

Answers in the next post please.

Moron.

Ok....I dont want to get in a slagging match here like but how could you say Taylor was poor today is behind me!

No not thick,stupid or a moron!This is a forum after all everyones entitled to there opinon but people on here seem to be slagging Taylor off  all the time even when he does play well!

Well done lads tbh. We were good in the first half, but Chelsea were always going to be rejuvinated after half time. In a bizarre twist of irony, our playing well in the first half actually contributed to our downfall, as Chelsea came out all guns blazing. We were sloppy in the second half but they were very good in fairness.

Taylor, Faye and Martins were good for ninety minutes imo. Beye, Enrique, Barton and Owen were all alright. Butt, Geremi, Smith - poor. Butt put in one or two tackles passes but his possession play was woeful. We were decent though tbh - certainly didn't disgrace ourselves. We're a good team and will be a good team.

Btw - Damien Duff. Please God, fuck off. Abysmally poor.

Well i'd say it really does put to bed the myth that Taylor can't play football against the top clubs & top strikers doesn't it

Well I will say this to you and I hope you listen......YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SPECSAVERS!

What?

You need new glasses if you think Taylor was poor today,he was one of our best players today

Moron.

Ok....I dont want to get in a slagging match here like but how could you say Taylor was poor today is behind me!

No not thick,stupid or a moron!This is a forum after all everyones entitled to there opinon but people on here seem to be slagging Taylor off  all the time even when he does play well!

:lol:

What?

Moron.

:laugh:

Can't believe my eyes.

Duff through on goal, slips without getting ball under control. And he's still a top player?

Not a top player, but he's still a better footballer than our other midfielders.

Any chance that Stoke will be tempted to take Smith off our hands as a freebie? <_<

Are you crazy? Duff still hasn't had a decent game for us. Butt, Barton, Milner and N'Zogbia are all better players than he is.

Well i'd say it really does put to bed the myth that Taylor can't play football against the top clubs & top strikers doesn't it?

Taylor looked good today, I think he and Dunne would make quite a formidable partnership together given the opportunity. Taylor was our best player and yet again showed he could be captain one day.

What?

Moron.

mackems.gif

Zog looked great?

He looked like someone who didn't give a shit really.

Yet could beat a man and provide the merest bit of spark. Played our best pass of the second half aswell, and i'm not just saying that cos i'm a Zoggy fanboy, etc. (Duff fell over upon receival).

Wish he cared about us tbh. :undecided:

Zog looked great?

He looked like someone who didn't give a s*** really.

Yet could beat a man and provide the merest bit of spark. Played our best pass of the second half aswell, and i'm not just saying that cos i'm a Zoggy fanboy, etc. (Duff fell over upon receival).

He did none of those things tbh.

What?

Moron.

You ultra thick muppet.

What?

Moron.

Jesus H Christ.

What?

Moron.

Please read each post carefully.

Guest optimistic nit

You can all fuck off.

Taylor played well today, and I don't care if I'm the only one who thinks that or not.

how you can think taylor was anything other than abysmal is beyond me. idiot!

Taylor was impressive today..

Alan Smith makes Luque look like Maradona..

Not happy with Keegan's changes..hope he plays the reserves against Everton on sunday.

So do I ;D

Zog looked great?

He looked like someone who didn't give a s*** really.

He did none of those things tbh.

Yes he did. :undecided:  Maybe it wasn't our best pass of the second half (i can't think of a better one off the top of my head)... but he certainly weaved his way out of trouble on a couple of occassions in his own half; hence the beating of man comment.