Stephane Sessegnon

Colocho

Not sure why we would be looking at pele though. Not seen Sessegnon play, but my dad informs me he has been watched by arsenal.

Yeah, he was linked with Arsenal about 2 months back as a replacement for Flamini.

Looks like they're splashing out on Yaya Toure instead.

Not sure why we would be looking at pele though. Not seen Sessegnon play, but my dad informs me he has been watched by arsenal.

Yeah, he was linked with Arsenal about 2 months back as a replacement for Flamini.

Looks like they're splashing out on Yaya Toure instead.

I heard they're very close to signing a guy called Chantome from PSG, about 20 I think as a repalcement for Flamini.

Sessegnon signals Benin belief

(FIFA.com) Thursday 22 May 2008

Most players would be grateful for the talent to do one thing very well, but a select breed possess such a complete bag of tricks they can shine in any position. Stephane Sessegnon is one of the lucky few.

Trained to operate as a holding midfielder back in his native Benin, and a multifunctional midfielder when he arrived in France to join Creteil in 2004, the youngster has already been fielded in three different positions since signing for Le Mans in 2006.

Brought in as a deep-lying playmaker, Sessegnon was then moved to the right by Frederic Hantz halfway through 2007, before spending the entire 2007/08 campaign as a No10 under new coach Rudi Garcia. "I'm pretty satisfied with my season," he told FIFA.com. "I was able to increase my range of skills and progress so much faster. It's fun to play further up the pitch. I get a lot of pleasure from taking part in attacks."

As the free electron roaming behind two forwards, Sessegnon played a crucial role in what proved to be an excellent season for Le Mans, who finished ninth in France's top flight, just five points out of the European places. Overall, his personal tally read six goals and six assists.

That kind of form could help Benin put their unflattering CAF Africa Cup of Nations 2008 record behind them once and for all. The Squirrels were eliminated after three consecutive defeats in the first round (scoring one goal and conceding seven), however Sessegnon believes things could have been worse.

"I don't look back at that competition as a huge disappointment," he said. "We expected to suffer a lot more than that. Up against such big teams as Côte d'Ivoire, Nigeria and Mali, I think we didn't come out of it too badly."

The road to South Africa

He also feels the team learnt from the experience, thanks to such close contact with players as gifted as Didier Drogba, John Obi Mikel and Frederic Kanoute. But the time for dwelling on the past is over, and it is to the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ that everyone must now look.

Benin's Group 3 qualifying campaign is fast approaching, with their opening match taking them to Luanda to face Angola on 1 June, ahead of further tests against fellow section rivals Uganda and Niger. "I reckon our group is pretty open," said Sessegnon. "We'll have to play with lots of humility but we'll have a chance."

That said, the player born on 1 June 1984 in Allahe, Benin, is not expecting the Angolans to allow him a stress-free birthday. " We still have a lot of progress to make if we are to reach the standard of teams like Angola. These matches will be ideal with that in mind. Our team is still young," he added.

As unpredictable in conversation as he is on the pitch, Sessegnon does not allow the impression of caution to reign too long before underlining the Squirrels' ambitions. "Above all, our goal will be to qualify for the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations," he said.

"And to carry on our evolution step by step. But of course we'll go at it full pelt if there's a chance of reaching South Africa. First place could be beyond us, but we can figure among the best of the second-placed sides."

With their flexible rising star believing they can do it, Benin ought to find that nothing is impossible.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=774262.html

Most players would be grateful for the talent to do one thing very well, but a select breed possess such a complete bag of tricks they can shine in any position. Stephane Sessegnon is one of the lucky few.

Trained to operate as a holding midfielder back in his native Benin, and a multifunctional midfielder when he arrived in France to join Creteil in 2004, the youngster has already been fielded in three different positions since signing for Le Mans in 2006.

Brought in as a deep-lying playmaker, Sessegnon was then moved to the right by Frederic Hantz halfway through 2007, before spending the entire 2007/08 campaign as a No10 under new coach Rudi Garcia. "I'm pretty satisfied with my season," he told FIFA.com. "I was able to increase my range of skills and progress so much faster. It's fun to play further up the pitch. I get a lot of pleasure from taking part in attacks."

As the free electron roaming behind two forwards, Sessegnon played a crucial role in what proved to be an excellent season for Le Mans, who finished ninth in France's top flight, just five points out of the European places. Overall, his personal tally read six goals and six assists.

That kind of form could help Benin put their unflattering CAF Africa Cup of Nations 2008 record behind them once and for all. The Squirrels were eliminated after three consecutive defeats in the first round (scoring one goal and conceding seven), however Sessegnon believes things could have been worse.

"I don't look back at that competition as a huge disappointment," he said. "We expected to suffer a lot more than that. Up against such big teams as Côte d'Ivoire, Nigeria and Mali, I think we didn't come out of it too badly."

The road to South Africa

He also feels the team learnt from the experience, thanks to such close contact with players as gifted as Didier Drogba, John Obi Mikel and Frederic Kanoute. But the time for dwelling on the past is over, and it is to the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ that everyone must now look.

Benin's Group 3 qualifying campaign is fast approaching, with their opening match taking them to Luanda to face Angola on 1 June, ahead of further tests against fellow section rivals Uganda and Niger. "I reckon our group is pretty open," said Sessegnon. "We'll have to play with lots of humility but we'll have a chance."

That said, the player born on 1 June 1984 in Allahe, Benin, is not expecting the Angolans to allow him a stress-free birthday. " We still have a lot of progress to make if we are to reach the standard of teams like Angola. These matches will be ideal with that in mind. Our team is still young," he added.

As unpredictable in conversation as he is on the pitch, Sessegnon does not allow the impression of caution to reign too long before underlining the Squirrels' ambitions. "Above all, our goal will be to qualify for the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations," he said.

"And to carry on our evolution step by step. But of course we'll go at it full pelt if there's a chance of reaching South Africa. First place could be beyond us, but we can figure among the best of the second-placed sides."

With their flexible rising star believing they can do it, Benin ought to find that nothing is impossible.

It's a code!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest sondre

The road to South Africa

It's a code!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahh..the code thing. Never get's old, does it?

Guest MaetihS

This is a more realistic signing than the Turans and Velsos. Seen him play, not that bad but also not that good. I guess a good squad player. Maybe he will grow as a player in England; this is what we shall aim at, signing such players and let them be a star in our team rather than we try to sign the stars which is more difficult. The Arsenal way.

Le milieu du Mans, Stéphane Sessegnon, intéresse Newcastle, selon les informations de L'Equipe. L'international béninois, 23 ans, souhaiterait changer d'air, mais il ne bénéfice pas, pour le moment, d'un bon de sortie de la part de ses dirigeants. Il a disputé trente matches de L1 et inscrit cinq buts cette saison.

this from football.fr, reliable source.

Again two departures to the Mans!  If it is official for Matsui that signed to the Japan in favor of the club of Holy etienne and that Romaric wants to go to the FC Seville the next season with the intention of to replace S.Keita despite that the president does not want to leave it to leave, the player will do the forcing for not more to play MUC 72.  Of more, new bad for the sarthois, good new for others that will be able to rejoice at the departure of the Mans of another player.  Stéphane Sessegnon, the béninois, a true artist bullet to the foot, will not do surely more the happiness of Léon Bollée in 2008-2009.  The tracks of Monaco and especially of Newcastle are more and more hot.  Even if it does not profit from a voucher of exit, the million could do to change opinion the leaders manceaux

I like this bit!  :lol:

Guest geordienorway

Comme L'Equipe l'annonçait déjà il y a quelques jours, Stéphane Sessegnon serait bien dans le viseur du Paris-SG pour la saison prochaine. Selon francefootball.fr, Paul Le Guen serait entré récemment en contact avec l'agent du milieu de terrain qui évolue au Mans depuis deux saisons. Et celà tombe plutôt bien puisque le joueur, très convoité, notamment par Lyon, Saint-Etienne, Arsenal ou encore Newcastle, aimerait connaître une nouvelle aventure, au PSG de préférence. Une chose est sûre, si le club parisien souhaite vraiment s'attacher les services du Béninois de 24 ans encore sous contrat avec le MUC jusqu'en 2010, il devra au moins débourser la somme de 8 millions d'euros, prix réclamé par Henri Legarda, le président manceau.

Anybody speaking french here?

Comme L'Equipe l'annonçait déjà il y a quelques jours, Stéphane Sessegnon serait bien dans le viseur du Paris-SG pour la saison prochaine. Selon francefootball.fr, Paul Le Guen serait entré récemment en contact avec l'agent du milieu de terrain qui évolue au Mans depuis deux saisons. Et celà tombe plutôt bien puisque le joueur, très convoité, notamment par Lyon, Saint-Etienne, Arsenal ou encore Newcastle, aimerait connaître une nouvelle aventure, au PSG de préférence. Une chose est sûre, si le club parisien souhaite vraiment s'attacher les services du Béninois de 24 ans encore sous contrat avec le MUC jusqu'en 2010, il devra au moins débourser la somme de 8 millions d'euros, prix réclamé par Henri Legarda, le président manceau.

Anybody speaking french here?

Says PSG are after him for 8m euros and he wants to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Le Mans: Sessegnon a donné sa parole au PSG

Le transfert de Stéphane Sessegnon au Paris Saint-Germain se fait attendre... Le milieu de terrain du MUC 72 a d'ores et déjà donné sa parole au club de la capitale mais le vendeur et l'acheteur doivent désormais se mettre d'accord sur le montant de la transaction. Joint au téléphone par Football.fr, l'agent du joueur a expliqué que, "pour Le Mans, Sessegnon n'a pas de bon de sortie, donc son départ sera négocié à un bon prix pour les Sarthois. De leur côté, les Parisiens affichent une vraie volonté de le recruter et les deux clubs discutent actuellement. J'ai bon espoir pour que tout soit réglé rapidement, peut-être dès la semaine prochaine". L'international gabonais devrait donc évoluer au Parc des Princes en 2008-2009, "même si d'autres propositions existent" à en croire le représentant du principal intéressé.

Stéphane Sessegnon and PSG have agreed terms, they are just waiting on the two clubs to reach an agreement. It is hoped the deal will be tied up early next week. Also, the article finishes saying that even if there was other clubs interested, PSG showed the most interest.

Newcastle have shown interest in Le Mans midfielder Stephane Sessegnon, who is flattered by the attention. "I am in contact with Le Mans, they told me Newcastle United have watched me and I am flattered to be linked with a big team in England," Sessegnon declared. "There are a lot of African players in the Premier League, [and moving there] would be a dream but I have to work hard and one day I could be there." Telegraph.