Clear the Air Talks ?

NE5

If only king Kev could keep his mouth shut because he's brought this all on himself.

I don't see it that way, he's made a few comments and people seem to be falling over each other to create something out of nothing.

If only king Kev could keep his mouth shut because he's brought this all on himself.

I don't see it that way, he's made a few comments and people seem to be falling over each other to create something out of nothing.

The thing is, is that with these comments, the media have created something out of nothing-except as realisitc as those comments are and no matter how insignificant they may be in a couple of months time they were poor comments to make because they brought yet more negative press to the club and yet more scrutiniziation of the current set up, its scrutinization which the fans will take in and its scrutinisation which wasnt prevalent at 4pm Monday afternoon.

We have a 30 pages thread on how much the media hate us and how much bollocks they write about us, but the minute someone within our own club-especially the manager says something which gives the media just material to write there drivel its played down as "nothing".

A few comments he didn't need to make in public, which he should have known would be twisted to discredit the club. That is the whole point.

The thing is, is that with these comments, the media have created something out of nothing-except as realisitc as those comments are and no matter how insignificant they may be in a couple of months time they were poor comments to make because they brought yet more negative press to the club and yet more scrutiniziation of the current set up, its scrutinization which the fans will take in and its scrutinisation which wasnt prevalent at 4pm Monday afternoon.

We have a 30 pages thread on how much the media hate us and how much bollocks they write about us, but the minute someone within our own club-especially the manager says something which gives the media just material to write there drivel its played down as "nothing".

The media print this crap because they know they have a market for it, no other reason.  We get what we deserve, if people just brushed it off and took no notice then they'd go elsewhere looking for others to have a go at.

A few comments he didn't need to make in public, which he should have known would be twisted to discredit the club. That is the whole point.

You're right that he didn't have to make those comments but the comments he made are being blown totally out of proportion.  We had at least one thread on here almost as soon as the interview was broadcast and people were reacting then seemed to calm down having seen the full interview.  Now, days later we're getting the same reaction as originally made but some who didn't have a problem on Monday seem to have had a delayed reaction, it's comical.

The media print this crap because they know they have a market for it, no other reason.  We get what we deserve, if people just brushed it off and took no notice then they'd go elsewhere looking for others to have a go at.

So you're still condoning the comments then? Its fair and well trying to ignore the media when they print stuff based on conjecture and supposition but when its based upon the words of the manager of the club then its a bit harder to just ignore.

This could of all been done behind closed doors, we havent even talked about the effect it may have on the players - alot of our squad have CL ambitions, many have already played in it, what effect would it have on them to be openely told that in essence they wont be good enough to make it into the top 4.

To be honest, im really annoyed with these comments, i just dont understand the need for them, they served no purpose but bring negativepress to the club AGAIN.

So you're still condoning the comments then? Its fair and well trying to ignore the media when they print stuff based on conjecture and supposition but when its based upon the words of the manager of the club then its a bit harder to just ignore.

This could of all been done behind closed doors, we havent even talked about the effect it may have on the players - alot of our squad have CL ambitions, many have already played in it, what effect would it have on them to be openely told that in essence they wont be good enough to make it into the top 4.

To be honest, im really annoyed with these comments, i just dont understand the need for them, they served no purpose but bring negativepress to the club AGAIN.

I'm not bothered about what was said as it was a few harmless words which will not make the slightest difference to who we get through the door or how we do next season.  If people want to get upset about these trivial comments then it's going to be a long hard life for some.

I can see Ashley telling Keegan that if he doesn't like the direction the club is going then he can go.

I'm not being funny but I thing some people need to go and watch the interviews again.  Keegan said that it wouldn't matter how much he was given to spend, it wouldn't make any difference.  He didn't say anything against Ashley so why would he take that stance?

I can see Ashley telling Keegan that if he doesn't like the direction the club is going then he can go.

I'm not being funny but I thing some people need to go and watch the interviews again.  Keegan said that it wouldn't matter how much he was given to spend, it wouldn't make any difference.  He didn't say anything against Ashley so why would he take that stance?

But he's done a complete 180 and gone from optimist keegan the one we know and love to pessimist keegan, completely out of character and that shows thats something has changed somewhere down the line. You dont make such sweeping contradictory statements so close together 5 months into your stint as a manager befre the transfer window has even opened, if everything is all good.

Or am i being a sucker and reading too much into this? Something doesnt add up, surely you can see that.

But he's done a complete 180 and gone from optimist keegan the one we know and love to pessimist keegan, completely out of character and that shows thats something has changed somewhere down the line. You dont make such sweeping contradictory statements so close together 5 months into your stint as a manager befre the transfer window has even opened, if everything is all good.

Or am i being a sucker and reading too much into this? Something doesnt add up, surely you can see that.

Keegan was laughing at the end of the interiew, he was hardly heading towards the Tyne Bridge for a quick bath.

Anyway I can't stop on here all night, I'll sleep easy tonight while others lie awake all night worrying over nothing.

I wouldn't be surprised if Keegan is seeing Ashley tomorrow but I'll not read anything into it.  Ashley broughtKeegan here 5 months ago because he felt that Keegan was the best man for the job, Keegan said he only came back because of Ashley, nothing will happen if they have a get together.

Keegan was laughing at the end of the interiew, he was hardly heading towards the Tyne Bridge for a quick bath.

Anyway I can't stop on here all night, I'll sleep easy tonight while others lie awake all night worrying over nothing.

I wouldn't be surprised if Keegan is seeing Ashley tomorrow but I'll not read anything into it.  Ashley broughtKeegan here 5 months ago because he felt that Keegan was the best man for the job, Keegan said he only came back because of Ashley, nothing will happen if they have a get together.

:thup:

I suppose thats fair enough but i still wont deny that im a bit miffed and dissapointed with those comments. Nevermind, all in good time etc etc.

The top 4 are light years ahead of us at the moment. Look at who Chelsea brought off the bench and consider the fact that Ashley Cole and SWP didnt even play. What Keegan was saying is that he cannot get us to that level from where we are right now no matter how much we spend in the summer. If we go out and spend 50m on 3 or 4 players Chelsea or Man U can spend that on one. I think after the recent good form he was just trying to damper some of the more ludricious expectations that in one summer transfer window we can be transformed from a club which has just had a hell of a relegation scare to a top four club. He even mentioned that Liverpool are having difficulty bridging the gap from fourth to title challengers.

At no point in the interview did he state that there is going to be no money to spend or that he is at odds with Mort, Ashley, Wise or anyone else at the club. He did not seem despondant but relaxed and relatively happy considering we had been pissed on during the second half. Just telling it how it is. The next level of clubs is where we should be aiming for and for the time left on his contract he believes it is achievable.

The press and some others on here are just reading into it what they want to read into it and i doubt very much players such as Owen think in there wildest dreams we will be competing for the title with Man U chelsea or Arsenal, like me they no doubt know that again the title will be contested soley by those clubs next season  and very probably the season after too.

so reeeeeeeeeeellllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The top 4 are light years ahead of us at the moment. Look at who Chelsea brought off the bench and consider the fact that Ashley Cole and SWP didnt even play. What Keegan was saying is that he cannot get us to that level from where we are right now no matter how much we spend in the summer. If we go out and spend 50m on 3 or 4 players Chelsea or Man U can spend that on one. I think after the recent good form he was just trying to damper some of the more ludricious expectations that in one summer transfer window we can be transformed from a club which has just had a hell of a relegation scare to a top four club. He even mentioned that Liverpool are having difficulty bridging the gap from fourth to title challengers.

At no point in the interview did he state that there is going to be no money to spend or that he is at odds with Mort, Ashley, Wise or anyone else at the club. He did not seem despondant but relaxed and relatively happy considering we had been pissed on during the second half. Just telling it how it is. The next level of clubs is where we should be aiming for and for the time left on his contract he believes it is achievable.

The press and some others on here are just reading into it what they want to read into it and i doubt very much players such as Owen think in there wildest dreams we will be competing for the title with Man U chelsea or Arsenal, like me they no doubt know that again the title will be contested soley by those clubs next season  and very probably the season after too.

so reeeeeeeeeeellllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Exactly.

Guest pistonism

Trying to stay calm but I can't just help this bad feeling lurking into me.  :-[

Guest justin99.

the difference between Newcastle and Liverpool is smaller than the difference between Liverpool and Man u  imo.

Guest getalife

< Knock Knock >

Big Mike: Come..... Ah, Kev, how's it going?.....

KK:  Oh, not so bad, I had a bit of a headache the other day but I seem to have gotten over it now....

BM: Champion. I suppose you'll be wanting a bit of cash for the summer?

KK: Well.......

BM: Would 150 000000 be alright....?

KK: Erm..... aye, sound....

BM: Right you are mate, it's just peanuts to me y'know. Shut the door on your way out. Oh and tell the secretary to put an extra five sugars in the next one

:clap:

Every manager we've had has tried to play down the expectation of the Geordie faithful by saying we can't do this, we won't finish there. Perhaps it's just Keegan's way of trying to dampen the expectation before it reaches critical point again.

As for the southern media......Meh, Same old drivel!

I suspect this is all speculation based on people's opinion of what Ashley might be thinking at the moment.

That doesn't mean that there's nothing to be concerned about. In Ashley's shoes, I'd be giving Keegan a yellow card.

Kevin Keegan has been summoned to London on Friday for showdown talks with angry Newcastle owner Mike Ashley. (Daily Mail, The Sun)

Why? They're all going to be in Newcastle for SBR's banquet!

Good point. :lol:

More fabulous journalism.

The problem I have with what was said wasn't the target of 5th for next season (5th to 8th for me) but the negative view that we can't break into the top four in three years. It will not be possible to win the league in three years as this would involve overtaking all four teams in years two and three assuming we get to 5th next year. BUT I do think we MAY be able to catch one of the four on the basis that sh*t happens. So have if Arsenal lose not lose Flamini and Hleb but Fabregas and Abelayour in a year. What happens if Gerrard and Torres get injured or the ownership issue hits Liverpool?

So we need to spend £40m a year, every year, to just compete at a top 8 level; more to catch up with the top four. Targeting fifth is realistic in the short term but don't look too far ahead please KK as none of us know the future that well and the likes of Modric et al aint coming to play for 5th place - the players; fans; owner and management need to have dreams.