Rumour Alert

Rebellious
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest elpapi

you would think people still expect kaka or messi to sign any day of the week...  :nope:

pennant wouldn't be a bad signing at all concerning the situation we're in (on the up and not able to get the 'big' ones)

i like him, always have.

one of the best crossers of the ball in the league imo

He's only 25 and would provide us with the width we would need on the right, should Milner go to the left in a 4-4-2.

Maybe Dean Ashton to partner Owen/Martins? I know who I'd rather be aiming crosses at, Ashton or Crouch ...

Would rather have Lennon - think Lennon would suit our strikers better, Pennants crossing ability would be wasted with the midgets up front and Viduka is hardly dominant in the air. Can see Lennon doing on the right what Martins is doing on the left.

his final ball is terrible! No thanks.

Lennon or Milner ? 

This in reply to everyone in general really.

On the few occasions this year I have seen Pennant play he has set up goals, one for Gerrad I can remember cutting back across 18yd box after a good run and beating 2 defenders and once a nice cross to land on Kuyts head I think. I don`t watch that many Liverpool games as I find them boring and Rafa`s tatics annoying. I`m sure he is better than some make out on here.

I don`t usually use youtube but here is a video some pennant stalker has made.  Some other vids I just watched it seems he is a corner taker aswell which we need, i`m sick of watching Emre, Geremi and Milner either never clearing the first man or over hitting it.

<Sorry, football clips are not allowed on the forum.>

End product looks better than what I have seen Milner put in. Don`t get me wrong Milner is 200% when  he plays for us but remember that string of about 10 games where he just couldn`t beat anyone once he got to the 18yd box.

As for Lennon I have seen even less of but from what I remember he was very impressive for England when he was brought on but i`m sure I have seen him come on for Tottenham and just not produce anything apart from some really fast running.

I originally thought 'oh no' but after thinking it through for a while I'd change to a hmmf.

Certainly wouldn't be the worst signing in the world, and he's an improvement on the current player we have in his position.

I too, also didn't realise he was so young.

Still, it depends on the price.

I'd say yes in a heartbeat (especially if we go 4-4-2). Lately it has seemed like he's more than his accurate crosses. Good passes and he can dribble and have a go at players as well.

Liverpool have asked about Lennon so it doesn't surprise me that they would be looking to move Pennant on.  What is far more debateable is whether Lennon is actually any better than Pennant.

Which makes you wonder why Liverpool are looking to offload him? More trouble than he's worth?

Liverpool have asked about Lennon so it doesn't surprise me that they would be looking to move Pennant on.  What is far more debateable is whether Lennon is actually any better than Pennant.

Which makes you wonder why Liverpool are looking to offload him? More trouble than he's worth?

Rafa thinks Lennon is better than Pennant.

He doesn't really fit it their 4-2-3-1 formation either.

One of the worst crossers of the ball in the Premiership iyam. Ask any Liverpool fan and the first thing they mention is that his crossing is absolutely wank. If he was better at it, don't you think he would have been playing (and thus crossing) more for Crouch and Torres this season?

He's just not good enough, and he's got a silly little party-animal rep as well. No thanks.

One of the worst crossers of the ball in the Premiership iyam. Ask any Liverpool fan and the first thing they mention is that his crossing is absolutely w***. If he was better at it, don't you think he would have been playing (and thus crossing) more for Crouch and Torres this season?

He's just not good enough, and he's got a silly little party-animal rep as well. No thanks.

:lol:

Crossing is one of his best attributes and something he clearly excels at!

Are you sure you aren't mistaking him for Kieron Dyer or something?

One of the worst crossers of the ball in the Premiership iyam. Ask any Liverpool fan and the first thing they mention is that his crossing is absolutely w***. If he was better at it, don't you think he would have been playing (and thus crossing) more for Crouch and Torres this season?

:lol:

Crossing is one of his best attributes and something he clearly excels at!

Are you sure you aren't mistaking him for Kieron Dyer or something?

I agree, I don't think his crossing is anything to write home about. Brum fans have been saying that for years about him.

Guest MrShens

I think Pennant would be an excellent signing.  Just what the team needs at the moment, someone who can create and I'm sure Owen, Duke and Martins won't mind the decent crosses he puts in.

Talented no doubt and better than anything we have atm.

Fergie said Owen speculation is rubbish......

Wonder if its Owen's agents trying to stir up interest behind the scenes.

/Cynic.

Thats excatly what I was thinking plus has to be said when Owen was asked was he def staying he was very coy on the subject.Also they might be making up storys so Owen will get a bigger contract

that specky coward from the notw reacted angrily this morning on sunday supplemetn when it was suggested by patrick barclay that the story had been put out by the owen camp.

it would appear barclay was correct