The Final Day - Man Utd win the title, Fulham stay up!

SUPERTOON

Guest Nufc4Life

The thing is though, it's not like all this boardroom thing happened in this past month. When Bruce left, Birmingham werent in the relegation zone, McLeish had plenty of time to make sure they didnt get into it when it all started to calm down. For the past few months we've heard nothing about all this boardroom stuff and it's cooled off, yet they've slipped out of the Premiership.

I agree it had an affect in the first half of the season, but like I said, Birmingham werent in the relegation zone when McLeish came so you can't really say its because of the unrest that they've gone down.

The thing is though, it's not like all this boardroom thing happened in this past month. When Bruce left, Birmingham werent in the relegation zone, McLeish had plenty of time to make sure they didnt get into it when it all started to calm down. For the past few months we've heard nothing about all this boardroom stuff and it's cooled off, yet they've slipped out of the Premiership.

I agree it had an affect in the first half of the season, but like I said, Birmingham werent in the relegation zone when McLeish came so you can't really say its because of the unrest that they've gone down.

When Bruce left, Birmingham had just lost 7 out of their previous 8 games. Things were already on the slide.

Regardless of that, though, I'd still have bet on Bruce making a better fist of keeping them up than McLeish being dropped into it with things at such a low.

The boardroom unrest has been there since the start of the season, if it hadn't, then I think they'd have had a decent chance of staying up. The situation still isn't clear now (even before the events of yesterday) - Sullivan has been talking all season about wanting out.

Guest Nufc4Life

Oh yeah, there was definently a slide. And i agree with you that Bruce would of had a better go than McLeish.

My main point though is i think there was enough time for it to be turned round when Mcleish got there, and whilst it's still not clear, it has calmed down a bit, McLeish knew what his job was, keep them up, and regardless of any other events, he couldnt do it. Gold/Sullivan etc are to blame a bit, but not entirely, and you could see Gold does care for the club.

I'd still say though, if they can keep the majority of there players, they are more than equipped for an immediate return.

I think Gold cares a lot more than Sullivan does, and I suspect he will end up buying Sullivan's shares off him.

Kapo will be off, he practically said as much in the post match interview. Zarate won't want to hang around, and there will be people happy to take him from that Qatari club who have his registration. Someone may even fancy the look of Jerome.

I think they'll lose a few, but they're certainly better equipped than, say, Derby to come straight back up again. They've also got the advantage of a few players (Ridgewell, McSheffery) who'll be playing at their natural level in the championship and will probably deliver the goods.

I'd never admit this to other Villa fans, but I wouldn't be at all disappointed if we bought Forssell off them.

Thought Forssell was absolute quality a few years back, just seems to have fallen into a slump.

Think he had big problems with his knees in the past, but he always looks sharp whenever I see him play. He usually scores against us, as well.

Guest Mcdonald36

Only just seen the manc game. Benett bottled it big style.

I wouldn't go as far as saying the game is corrupt, but there are certain refs who favour certain teams in the key moments.

I wouldn't go as far as saying the game is corrupt, but there are certain refs who favour certain teams in the key moments.

Aye, Scholes should have been off like.  Any other team and he would have.

Guest alex

I do but not many refs would have given it seeing as he'd already been booked. Still think Man Utd would have won the game anyway.

Guest MagicNumber9

If Ronaldo had scored that goal that Rochemback did we'd never hear the end of it. Was an amazing goal, probably goal of the season, but of course he isnt Ronaldo so it won't me mentioned in the media at all.

Felt really sorry for David Gold in the end, could tell he was absolutely devastated, by relegation and the fans reaction. He made a mistake  in sacking Bruce, but the boardroom trouble shouldnt have affected the players once Mcleish came in. There was plenty of time to turn it round, and besides, it's only been the last couple of weeks they've fell into the relegation zone anyway, so you can't really blame it all on boardroom unrest.

Thought Southgate was classy in his interview as well, sorta making excuses for Man City! Seems a top bloke and Boro have looked a quality side in a few matches i've seen them in this season, bit of consistency they could be top half next season.

Sorry mate, but these 2 words do not go together...

Thought Forssell was absolute quality a few years back, just seems to have fallen into a slump.

Think he had big problems with his knees in the past, but he always looks sharp whenever I see him play. He usually scores against us, as well.

His knees are totally fucked. He failed a medical for us before signing permanently for Birmingham from Chelsea in 2005.

Since then he's been injured more often than not and his form has been understandably sluggish. Shame really as he could have been a real quality striker.

Rio Ferdinand looked like a fair keeper though.Not spotted by Bennett 10 yards away with an unobstructed view.Wayne Rooney,every time a decision went against him,4 or 5 times,petulance,arm waving,swearing at Bennet,who after the 5th time booked him.Same ref gave Mascherano a red card against Manchester United for less.Corrupt-fucking right it is!

Guest Mcdonald36

The second Scholes incident was a blatant Yellow card. Scholes knew it himself. Bennett bottled it.

Thought Southgate was classy in his interview as well, sorta making excuses for Man City! Seems a top bloke and Boro have looked a quality side in a few matches i've seen them in this season, bit of consistency they could be top half next season.

There'll always be a good few teams that are better than Boro (aside from those in the top four). As someone said, joke club. They'll go down before they get into Europe (through the league anyway), imo.

Sitting here watching Bristol City vs. Palace. That Bradley Orr fella we released back in 2004 (?) looks a decent right back to me. Good game so far...

He went to the same school as me