Everton 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 11/05/08 - post 'match' reaction from page 9

Dave

Guest Mcdonald36

Just got back. Can't be fecked even talking about the game. Same old same old.

Had a laugh in Liverpool though, really nice city that is now, especially the centre, and the babes were out in force.

we were shit today

only danger came from zoggy, duff was AWFUL.

atmosphere was good though, nice of the everton fans to clap us out. cant help but feel it would've been different if we'd won though.

thats all i can be arsed to type coz MOTD is starting. roll on next season.

How did Carrol get on?

He did nothing really, he's got a lot to learn if he's going to make it in the Premiership.

I think he may have to go to League 1 club on loan next year as the Championship was bit much for him this season. He is too good for the reseves now.

Guest Heneage

If i'm honest, looking at some of these mainly the donkeys Duff Carroll and Smith. I want rid of all three, i'm Geordie and i'm sorry but Carroll is only getting his coverage cos he's local, if he was some random Dutch lad like Danquah he would have been out on his arse years ago but nah we give him 5 years, I see nowt that suggests he will ever be more than the albino Shola.

Guest Heneage

Is it not just me who noticed the freekick was debatable and they took it minus a whistle?

I'm sorry but from what i've heard Zogs off to Lyon or Arsenal, and this club is to fucking blame imo. One of our most talented lads in years and we let him sit on the bench while Duff gets minutes.

More rubbish for their second. Another needless freekick given away, and poor defending.

I have only seen the goal once earlier on did Faye head out & then Lescott was a lot quicker to react than Beye?

More rubbish for their second. Another needless freekick given away, and poor defending.

I have only seen the goal once earlier on did Faye head out & then Lescott was a lot quicker to react than Beye?

Taylor got to the ball but just flicked it on to Lescott rather than clearing it.

It was Taylor with his 50p shaped head.

I hope this is the last time we see Alan Smith and Duffy Duck in a Newcastle shirt they are absolutely "shit" those two didn't understand why Enrique was taken off he wasn't anywhere near as bad as those two, he could have taken off Smith or Duff and put Zoggs in the middle and Lua Lua on the wing.

An appropriate end to a very poor season, notable mainly for its controversy off the pitch - this is as poor a side as we've ever had in the Prem, possibly the worst.

There was more for KK to work with when he began his first stint as manager in 1992 than there is now -

he was able to build the side around Kelly, Peacock and the youngsters like Clark, Elliott and Watson, but I cannot think of 5 players that are really up to top HALF Prem standard, never mind Top 6..

Worse still is the fact that it costs far more, even proportionally, to build a decent side now than it did then, and by the looks of things our budget will be about 40m max - doesn't sound like a recipe for early success of any kind and Wise & Co are going to really have to earn their corn if we are to unearth any hidden gems that might improve things quickly.

There are lots of unanswered questions around the club right now and it will be interesting to see what, if anything, happens in the next 2 months.

Willing to be convinced, but not highly optimistic about the immediate future of the side.

Guest Urban Fox

Keegan on MOTD said "The meeting was a good one though I am DISSAPPOINTED I will be here next season"

The only things I can think he would be dissappointed with would be the size of the transfer kitty or the fact they said moneybags won't be given a new contract?

Any thoughts?