UEFA Cup Final 2008 won by Zenit St. Petersburg

midds

Looked like pretty bad riots on itv news

I was in the town centre for the duration of the game. Half of the Rangers fans are a f****** disgrace, they should be banned from Europe.

Running battles with riot police all over the place, f****** disgrace.

Got some pics on the way.

The big screen at Piccadilly Gardens went off, some people said the police turned it off, other said Rangers fans pulled the wires out, whatever caused it, the result was riots and total chaos.

The live feed was not working all night, they couldn't fix it in time for the game and then never made a proper announcement telling people.

Chaos ensued quite predictably.

I was in the town centre for the duration of the game. Half of the Rangers fans are a f****** disgrace, they should be banned from Europe.

The big screen at Piccadilly Gardens went off, some people said the police turned it off, other said Rangers fans pulled the wires out, whatever caused it, the result was riots and total chaos.

The live feed was not working all night, they couldn't fix it in time for the game and then never made a proper announcement telling people.

fucking hell. What a shambles.

Aye, I've since read that. Didn't know that at the time as I only went up to Piccadilly Gardens half way through the first half.

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/3264/p1010003hn5.jpg

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8026/p1010005ks1.jpg

Most of the pics look like like that.

And the state of Piccadilly Gardens...

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8474/p1010019gg4.jpg

Town is absolute carnage!! :lol: I reckon there's well over 100000 rangers fans here and every single one is stinking drunk! I got to go home from work early because we were so dead, might be something to do with our office being on albert square - you'll understand when you see the pictures. ;) It's not all good news though, I've seen some terrible sights today. :o it appears that everyone from the blue half of glasgow has come down here today even the skagheads including one particularly wissened old...

Here's the picture:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44657000/jpg/_44657069_rangers466x282.jpg

I had to jump over the rivers of piss as I walked home tonight. When I was at work we had the windows open and every so often a gust of wind would blow in from the square and it'd stink of stale beer. :lol: Wonder what state it'll be in tomorrow. ???

I had to jump over the rivers of piss as I walked home tonight. When I was at work we had the windows open and every so often a gust of wind would blow in from the square and it'd stink of stale beer. :lol: Wonder what state it'll be in tomorrow. ???

Whole place is a total mess, loads of people working all day/evening to clean it up but they will be at it for a while. The whole place is a mess of litter and Glaswegian piss.

Guest Toon Saint

What goes beep beep beep?.......................

The Rangers open top bus reversing back into the garage. :iamatwat:

Seen on the Northern Irish news tonight, a piece on the Rangers fans from over here heading over. Wouldnt be suprised if half the trouble and that stabbing involved some of them tbh. I lived in a hugely republican estate for over 18 years and its pretty close to a loyalist estate, and from my experience Northern Irish old firm fans are all sectarian, trouble making arseholes. They pretty much only support them as a sign of who they are and as a sign that they hate the opposite crowd, much like they are all devote Catholics and Protestants, who dont go to church and couldnt tell you shit about their religion btw.

I am just glad this wasnt held in Newcastle as it would have been like that roof top scene from Dawn of the Dead only instead of Zombies surrounding the building it would have been Rangers fans with the Irish stranded on the roof top of the Tyneside Irish Centre praying for their life for days.

I'm no fan of either set of old firm fans but I think considering what happened with the screens not working, things could have gone a lot worse than they did. Imagine after all the hype of so many travelling down, the all day drinking, then suddenly not being able to see the game, there could easily have been full scale riots, which it seems there haven't been. And as for the litter, did you expect them all to take it home with them?

This commentator needs gutting, so f****** biased.

What were you expecting? ???

A little love for Zenit, and less comments like "you don't out sing the old firm". I was expectin some biased but that was just silly.

especially considering at that point they had been out sung for 71 minutes

oh and arshavin was quality

I'm no fan of either set of old firm fans but I think considering what happened with the screens not working, things could have gone a lot worse than they did. Imagine after all the hype of so many travelling down, the all day drinking, then suddenly not being able to see the game, there could easily have been full scale riots, which it seems there haven't been. And as for the litter, did you expect them all to take it home with them?

What are the 50,000 or so Glaswegians in Manchester now with no accommodation and no way home tonight going to do?

Spoke to a few on the way home and they seemed nice enough people but didn't know what they were going to do, their plan was to go to a pub till closing time and deal with the problem then.

Those without accomodation and a way of getting home should have stayed at home.

A little love for Zenit, and less comments like "you don't out sing the old firm". I was expectin some biased but that was just silly.

I thought that too, the Rangers fans bar the bouncy were poor, kind of like when the Boro got to the final their fans didnt sing at all really.

Zenit fans were class tbh.

"Some people are really angry. They've spent a lot of money - maybe £4,000 to £5,000 - to come down here for this."

Must have been pissed to fuck. Whats that? £23 on the train fare and the rest on booze?

I thought that too, the Rangers fans bar the bouncy were poor, kind of like when the Boro got to the final their fans didnt sing at all really.

Zenit fans were class tbh.

9 times out of 10 when the cameras cut to the rangers fans they had 'fuck, we're shit, and this team are pretty good' looks on their faces and they weren't singing at all

What are the 50,000 or so Glaswegians in Manchester now with no accommodation and no way home tonight going to do?

Spoke to a few on the way home and they seemed nice enough people but didn't know what they were going to do, their plan was to go to a pub till closing time and deal with the problem then.

Those without accomodation and a way of getting home should have stayed at home.

why ?. they can drink till early morning then the first train north. there'll be an hours gap at the most

Loads of Rangers and Zenit fans are staying in Liverpool.

Guest Toepoke

What goes beep beep beep?.......................

The Rangers open top bus reversing back into the garage. :iamatwat:

The funny thing is they will be still having a bus parade. No joke.