The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest NUFC4

was pure class against rangers today in the UEFA cup final.  he would be perfect to play in behind our strikers, i can just see him setting oba into space all day long running at goal.  now if oba can learn to have a little composure in 1 on 1 situations we'll be mint

Guest VegasToon

I would be happy with him, but I am not going to get excited unless I see a picture of him signing the contract with Keegan.

We made an offer for him in the winter, the player turned us down because he wanted to stay at Zenit another year and play in the Champions League.

So unfortunately not happening. Not this window anyway.

We made an offer for him in the winter, the player turned us down because he wanted to stay at Zenit another year and play in the Champions League.

So unfortunately not happening. Not this window anyway.

This. Interview with him said he spoke to us in January but turned us down because Zenit had qualified for the CL.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Throw the Modric money at him!

Literally?

If he dosnt come, yes with the safe still attached whilst hes swimming

Sort of player we need to identify and snap up much earlier in his career, in the style of Wenger. That's where Wise and his team need to do their job. I can't see that we've got any chance now.

Tymoschuck? also looked useful in his defensive midfield role. His passing was excellent the whole game, and unlike our own Nicky Butt he was always looking to pass the ball forward rather than sideways.

agreed tymoschuck as well as ashavin would greatly improve our current squad

Always liked Tymoschuck, think he is a fantastic defensive midfielder, but not a chance of him or Arshavin arriving here, they play for the wealthiest team in Eastern Europe and have Champions League football.

Arshavin apparently wants to leave Zenit in the summer.

So Advocaat said anyway.

However, with his brilliant performance in the UEFA Cup Final, many clubs will be interested.

Be extremely surprised to see him sign for us.

Guest Stephen927

I reckon Keegan will bid for him. Only trouble is, so will a lot of clubs in better positions than us who can offer Europe.