The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arshavin!!!!! If I was sir Alex I would sell Ronaldo and buy Arshavin in a heart beat millions up and no real loss of ability to the team.

when was the last time man utd bought an outfield player that age ?

Hargreaves.

bluelaugh.gif

and when was the last time the clubs that buy "trophy players" that win the trophies have a debt that only a s*** board has to service ?

Answer = they all have.

Still, I'm sure that supporting a club that reports a profit every year will fill the ground with supporters and will enable us all to wear our shirts with pride rather than be laughed at for playing in the San Siro and other major european grounds

again......why can they service larger debt than us ? the same rerason some can afford larger mortgages (debt) than others....income !

1.5bn quid between them proves that having a debt doesn't stop you winning trophies or you are a badly run club. End of story.

And thats before Liverpool begin to finance the building of a new stadium, I mean , I'm sure they should look at us and see us as the role model as to how it should be done and learn from our mistakes

bluelaugh.gif

did i say any debt stops you winning trophies ? having debt you cant afford fucks you though.

who couldn;t afford it, with 52000 crowds and one of the biggest incomes in the country ?

What a load of s****.

biggest incomes but no operating profits...........near 70% on players wages....you dont see aproblem ?

Well, its like this.

If the club buy 2nd rate players,  they will get 2nd rate crowds again.

But I'll let you think about that and the repercussions of it in your own time.

but we werent getting 2nd rate crowds...we were getting sell outs and still racking up debts year on year and the wages ratio went up similarly

Mmmmmm... how about we give the new board some time?

It's pretty easy to forget that the new board just took over for not even a year :D

Don't be stupid mate, they should have qualifed for the Champions League four times by now. At least.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/euro_2008/7363505.stm

Russia's Andrei Arshavin was the architect as they dumped Netherlands out of Euro 2008 after extra time.

...the brilliant Arshavin tormented Netherlands throughout...

...another spellbinding performance from the young Russians and their destroyer-in-chief Arshavin...

...The 27-year-old, who missed Russia's first two Euro 2008 games through suspension, was in electric form and as Netherlands tired in the extra period, they could not get near him...

...The untouchable Arshavin danced past Andre Ooijer inside the Dutch box and curled a right-foot shot goalwards that Van der Sar had to tip away for a corner...

...Arshavin cleverly played in Sergei Semak down the left and his cross was expertly dispatched into the net by Pavlyuchenko...

...Arshavin scampered away down the left and sent in a devilish cross that just evaded Ivan Saenko...

...Arshavin weaved his magic way around two more tackles only for substitute Torbinski to shoot at Van der Sar...

...Arshavin danced down the left, flighted a tantalising cross over Van der Sar and watched as Torbinski poked in...

...Arshavin got the goal his sumptuous display deserved when he wrapped it up four minutes from time, latching on to a throw-in and firing past Van der Sar...

Lazy twat.

Lazy t***.

He would be a canny player if he'd do something about his work-rate.  I’m a bit gutted that it had to be pointed out though, it’s the last time I follow the ball on TV.

Guest MaetihS

The more i see Arshavin plays, the more it reminds me of Beardsley. Dunno whether it is too late or we are a better option than his current club Zenit and the other clubs that are in for him in his eyes at least, but i would love it absolutely love it to see him in black and white. 

The more i see Arshavin plays, the more it reminds me of Beardsley. Dunno whether it is too late or we are a better option than his current club Zenit and the other clubs that are in for him in his eyes at least, but i would love it absolutely love it to see him in black and white. 

juve ?

Lazy t***.

He would be a canny player if he'd do something about his work-rate.  I’m a bit gutted that it had to be pointed out though, it’s the last time I follow the ball on TV.

I was taking the piss with that one, you know.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/euro_2008/7363505.stm

Russia's Andrei Arshavin was the architect as they dumped Netherlands out of Euro 2008 after extra time.

...the brilliant Arshavin tormented Netherlands throughout...

...another spellbinding performance from the young Russians and their destroyer-in-chief Arshavin...

...The 27-year-old, who missed Russia's first two Euro 2008 games through suspension, was in electric form and as Netherlands tired in the extra period, they could not get near him...

...The untouchable Arshavin danced past Andre Ooijer inside the Dutch box and curled a right-foot shot goalwards that Van der Sar had to tip away for a corner...

...Arshavin cleverly played in Sergei Semak down the left and his cross was expertly dispatched into the net by Pavlyuchenko...

...Arshavin scampered away down the left and sent in a devilish cross that just evaded Ivan Saenko...

...Arshavin weaved his magic way around two more tackles only for substitute Torbinski to shoot at Van der Sar...

...Arshavin danced down the left, flighted a tantalising cross over Van der Sar and watched as Torbinski poked in...

...Arshavin got the goal his sumptuous display deserved when he wrapped it up four minutes from time, latching on to a throw-in and firing past Van der Sar...

Lazy twat.

No denying he did all that Dave, but he played in bursts and I think you are missing the point.

At the moment, there is no space for Arshavin up front at one of the bigger clubs. Playing in bursts in midfield compromises the defensive ability of the team, and teams will have to play uglier players in midfield, and I can't see a top four side wanting to do this.

I'll admit that I did see him working at some stages of the game, but we have seen Robert do the same in some of the bigger games. The worry is that based on times when I thought he should have been doing something but wasn't in the European Championship Quarter finals, what will it be like once he becomes established in this league and he is playing away at Portsmouth.

Feel free to bump my posts in May if he isn't dropping in and out of games like I described.

Guest BigAl2

I don't see 27 as being too old, Arshavin was 27 in May so to my way of thinking he has 5 - 8 top years left, and his star is on the rise and not on the wane like the Kluiverts of this world.

As far as a trophy signing goes? whats wrong with signing a truly talented player that would improve the team and the way we play dramatically?!!!!