Comolli Sucks

KaKa

Before that question I haven't posted in this thread before had I?

Its just the way you were hanging out of his arse, reminded me of something.

I'm only making a point that there is more than a couple of people who aren't blind to the fairly obvious. Anyway, Janitor has replied to you as well.

"hanging out of his arse", is that similar to "head in the sand" in any way ?

Guest LucaAltieri

How much do you think he'll go for kd?

£27 million plus. Doubt very much we'll accept anything less.

WUM.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/221/527035857_3d103f84c2.jpg

I'm only making a point that there is more than a couple of people who aren't blind to the fairly obvious. Anyway, Janitor has replied to you as well.

How sandy is his arse?

Putting Comolli's player recruitment to one side, it still raises further questions about our current set-up, it's a concern when you see various departments within another club all pulling in different directions.

The club, on the footballing side of things - just shy of signing the cheques as that's the responsibility of the so-called money men, from the ground up has to be run buy the manager aka the most important & influential figure at the club. The buck stops with the manager if on-field results go against the team, it's their head which is on the chopping block so it's understandable that managers by trade a control freaks of sorts, they can't afford to have their efforts undermined by the actions, or incompetancy, of others who answerable to those same people who put their signatures n the club cheques.

The fact remains that the two clubs who are providing the most resistance to Chelsea's billions are the two clubs whose managers still rule of their respective club's football-related dealings with an iron fist ie. Ferguson & Wenger.

An example relates to 'pitching the club' to potential signings. Ferguson's, a club stalwart whose name is synonymous with success, personally guided tours around Old Trafford are not a selling pitch of the highest order, but these guided tours have become tradition over there. In terms of player recruitment/sealing deals, when they're up against Kenyon throwing millions of Chelsea's money at players, it adds a touch of class to the club's selling pitch.

In this regard Keegan is the closest thing we've got to this Ferguson's pitching acumen, he's been a success both as a player & manager, and it's a bloody waste to see him shunted on the sideline while Jimenez has been appropriated with this responsibility. For any would-be signee it must bloody impersonal to arrive at SJP only to be sold the club's vision by a suit-type in a conference room or office.

There's only one bloke who can effectively sell the club's vision and Keegan for the better has run the club & dictated the club's footballing fortunes from the ground up once before, something which the cuurent set of suit-types don't have on their resumes. It's only a matter time before the tendon's of Keegan's patience begin to stretch while the other components of our 'continental system' all dance to slightly different tunes.

IMO, in terms of Keegan walking away from the club again, the clock is already ticking.

Load of overwritten bollocks as usual.

Let's face it, no one on here knows exactly how our new system works, nor what Keegan's precise role within in might happen to be.

Precisely

why not tell us precisely what you "disagree" with, or what is not true, and why

There you go :)

its pretty clear that Keegan wasn't involved in the transfer of Modric which fell through. Care to tell us what you think may have made a difference

He's also said he wants to keep Owen and extend his contract, while the club appear to be reluctant, whats your view on that ?

Not really as I have no idea what happened with Modric & anything I say about what happened would be speculation.  Similar to everything that is posted above really.

What makes you think the club are reluctant about renewing Owen's contract?  Thats just more speculation I'm afraid.

well, they didn't persuade him to join us, did they ?

Keegan has said for a while that he wants Owen to stay at the club, so whats keeping them ?

Guest kingdawson

WUM.

What the hell are you on about?  Is this the route you take when you disagree with something, someone said?

How sandy is his arse?

how shit is the view ?

Guest LucaAltieri

WUM.

What the hell are you on about?  Is this the route you take when you disagree with something, someone said?

Do you honestly believe his value has almost trippled since he signed for Spurs? Come off it.

Putting Comolli's player recruitment to one side, it still raises further questions about our current set-up, it's a concern when you see various departments within another club all pulling in different directions.

The club, on the footballing side of things - just shy of signing the cheques as that's the responsibility of the so-called money men, from the ground up has to be run buy the manager aka the most important & influential figure at the club. The buck stops with the manager if on-field results go against the team, it's their head which is on the chopping block so it's understandable that managers by trade a control freaks of sorts, they can't afford to have their efforts undermined by the actions, or incompetancy, of others who answerable to those same people who put their signatures n the club cheques.

The fact remains that the two clubs who are providing the most resistance to Chelsea's billions are the two clubs whose managers still rule of their respective club's football-related dealings with an iron fist ie. Ferguson & Wenger.

An example relates to 'pitching the club' to potential signings. Ferguson's, a club stalwart whose name is synonymous with success, personally guided tours around Old Trafford are not a selling pitch of the highest order, but these guided tours have become tradition over there. In terms of player recruitment/sealing deals, when they're up against Kenyon throwing millions of Chelsea's money at players, it adds a touch of class to the club's selling pitch.

In this regard Keegan is the closest thing we've got to this Ferguson's pitching acumen, he's been a success both as a player & manager, and it's a bloody waste to see him shunted on the sideline while Jimenez has been appropriated with this responsibility. For any would-be signee it must bloody impersonal to arrive at SJP only to be sold the club's vision by a suit-type in a conference room or office.

There's only one bloke who can effectively sell the club's vision and Keegan for the better has run the club & dictated the club's footballing fortunes from the ground up once before, something which the cuurent set of suit-types don't have on their resumes. It's only a matter time before the tendon's of Keegan's patience begin to stretch while the other components of our 'continental system' all dance to slightly different tunes.

IMO, in terms of Keegan walking away from the club again, the clock is already ticking.

Let's face it, no one on here knows exactly how our new system works, nor what Keegan's precise role within in might happen to be.

Precisely

why not tell us precisely what you "disagree" with, or what is not true, and why

its pretty clear that Keegan wasn't involved in the transfer of Modric which fell through. Care to tell us what you think may have made a difference

He's also said he wants to keep Owen and extend his contract, while the club appear to be reluctant, whats your view on that ?

Not really as I have no idea what happened with Modric & anything I say about what happened would be speculation.  Similar to everything that is posted above really.

What makes you think the club are reluctant about renewing Owen's contract?  Thats just more speculation I'm afraid.

Keegan has said for a while that he wants Owen to stay at the club, so whats keeping them ?

He's hardly the first player we've missed out on, and he won't be the last.  I really don't see what the big deal is with us missing out on Modric.  We missed out on Zenden & few years ago and had to take Robert as our second choice.

Its a negotiation process with Owen, unless you think we should just ask him what he wants & give it to him without any further discussions

How do you know how it is going anyway?

Keegan has said for a while that he wants Owen to stay at the club, so whats keeping them?

I think it'll be difficult persuading Owen to stay, regardless of who's in charge of the negotiations. We all know what he did to Liverpool, and in all honesty I think he's a snakey little fucker who'll wait to see every option available to him before he seriously considers signing any extension with us.

Time will tell I suppose, but I think you're being a bit harsh expecting the board to have sorted his extension by now, knowing what Owen is like.

Guest kingdawson

WUM.

Do you honestly believe his value has almost trippled since he signed for Spurs? Come off it.

Ermmm did i say that?? Never did i say Berbs' true value is £27 million but that dosnt necessarily mean another team wont pay that. No doubt our stingy owners will take any intereted parties to the cleaners..

Did i think Carricks value went up more than 6 times, after 2 productive seasons at spurs? No

Did we get £18 million for him? HELLL YEH.

Guest LucaAltieri

WUM.

Ermmm did i say that?? Never did i say Berbs' true value is £27 million but that dosnt necessarily mean another team wont pay that. No doubt our stingy owners will take any intereted parties to the cleaners..

Did i think Carricks value went up more than 6 times, after 2 productive seasons at spurs? No

Look at the market. Torres only cost £20m-£25m.

Think about it...

WUM.

Think about it...

To be fair- after 1 productive season, how much do you think he'll be worth now?

Guest LucaAltieri

WUM.

Think about it...

To be fair- after 1 productive season, how much do you think he'll be worth now?

Fair point, but being a star at Liverpool and scoring Champions League goals isn't quite the same as being top dog at Spurs is it?

Also, consider what the player (and his agent) want. Spurs aren't in any position to get anywhere near £27m. Time may prove me wrong but I'm quite confident it won't.

Guest kingdawson

WUM.

Think about it...

What's your point though? Just because Athletico got bumped off with that price, it means we will? It depends on the club, and how that club conducts their business tbh. Im pretty sure i'll be be proved right soon enough.

Oh and on the topic of Torres, didnt Atletico have some sort of gentleman agreement with Torres to let him go for that price, since he stayed loyal to them the season before and actually signed a new contract?

Your argument is flawed tbh.

Guest LucaAltieri

WUM.

Think about it...

What's your point though? Just because Athletico got bumped off with that price, it means we will? It depends on the club, and how that club conducts their business tbh. Im pretty sure i'll be be proved right soon enough.

Oh and on the topic of Torres, didnt Atletico have some sort of gentleman agreement with Torres to let him go for that price, since he stayed loyal to them the season before and actually signed a new contract?

Your argument is flawed tbh.

Pointless arguing about it. I still think you're living in dream land. We'll just have to wait and see how it pans out.

WUM.

Think about it...

Fair point, but being a star at Liverpool and scoring Champions League goals isn't quite the same as being top dog at Spurs is it?

Also, consider what the player (and his agent) want. Spurs aren't in any position to get anywhere near £27m. Time may prove me wrong but I'm quite confident it won't.

Persoanlly i dont thik he's worth £27m either but i think they'll get it, he's gonna beneift from all the publicity and the fact that he's got alot of interest in him.

Precisely

He's hardly the first player we've missed out on, and he won't be the last.  I really don't see what the big deal is with us missing out on Modric.  We missed out on Zenden & few years ago and had to take Robert as our second choice.

Its a negotiation process with Owen, unless you think we should just ask him what he wants & give it to him without any further discussions

How do you know how it is going anyway?

the issue is that we don't appear to be supporting him in transfers and selecting who he wants in the way he wants to do it. Which will only end one way, unfortunately. We have lost a player he wanted, and he wasn't in on the talks with the player.

Many people harped on about having this "structure" in place whereby changing the manager didn't result in overall change within the club, the point being that any manager worth his salt selects his own staff and does the job in the way he sees fit.

We are putting that in place, and as stated, it will only have one result if Keegan isn't allowed to run the club the way he wants, and if he is prevented from bringing players to the club that he wants, too often. Alex Ferguson and Wenger are the 2 biggest examples of managers running things their way and nobody elses, as sicsfingeredmong says, of which myself and one or two others have also said in the past.

Keegan will walk if he is let down, or not allowed to try and fulfill the potential of the club, end of, and whats more, everybody on here knows it. And 2 weeks ago, he was far from happy.

Keegan has said for a while that he wants Owen to stay at the club, so whats keeping them?

I think it'll be difficult persuading Owen to stay, regardless of who's in charge of the negotiations. We all know what he did to Liverpool, and in all honesty I think he's a snakey little fucker who'll wait to see every option available to him before he seriously considers signing any extension with us.

Time will tell I suppose, but I think you're being a bit harsh expecting the board to have sorted his extension by now, knowing what Owen is like.

maybe, but I'm only saying that I don't like the comments coming out of the club very much.

the issue is that we don't appear to be supporting him in transfers and selecting who he wants in the way he wants to do it. Which will only end one way, unfortunately. We have lost a player he wanted, and he wasn't in on the talks with the player.

Many people harped on about having this "structure" in place whereby changing the manager didn't result in overall change within the club, the point being that any manager worth his salt selects his own staff and does the job in the way he sees fit.

We are putting that in place, and as stated, it will only have one result if Keegan isn't allowed to run the club the way he wants, and if he is prevented from bringing players to the club that he wants, too often. Alex Ferguson and Wenger are the 2 biggest examples of managers running things their way and nobody elses, as sicsfingeredmong says, of which myself and one or two others have also said in the past.

Keegan will walk if he is let down, or not allowed to try and fulfill the potential of the club, end of, and whats more, everybody on here knows it. And 2 weeks ago, he was far from happy.

How do you know those things mate? Are you buying into what the newspapers are saying?

Guest Knightrider

I don't think KK can afford to "walk away".

His Soccer Circus business may not be making the fortunes he and the investors wished for (I should add "yet", it has only been trading for a short period and any businessman will tell you the first few years is all about breaking even), but KK is still a wealthy man and given his name and pedigree, he would walk into many a big paying job, whether it be in football or the media. He probably makes more a year than me and you do from after dinner speaking alone. I imagine a QPR for example would kill for KK and what he's all about.

The way KK works is he will try and see things out before walking and he does that by trying to come out on top, and if he can't, then he walks away. I put his recent "outburst" (speaking the truth...) down to posturing, him trying to come out on top, to assert his authority and to determine his exact role in the setup. The fact he's still here suggests he's done just that or has more likely, come to some kind of amicable understanding over the running of the club.

He prides himself on his honesty and values, thus I couldn't see him doing a Souness and hanging around for a final payoff, he's far to proud a man, even if as rumoured (wrongly in my opinion), he's skint.

Not at Newcastle United.