Comolli Sucks

KaKa

Take this all with a pinch of salt, think I posted it at the time but is worth regurgitating as it is probably just as likely as anything the press cook up:

I heard that the Mamic brothers made Modric go to Spurs instead of us because we refused to agree to some clauses.

The deal we wanted was the removal of third party control, as the Mamic brothers controlled all of Modric's decisions. We wanted the transfer to involve a buyout that would break Modric's contractual obligations to Mamic, passing on agent responsibilities to Peter Harrison.

Mamics weren't happy with this, they wanted to move Modric onto a bigger club in a couple of years and pocket more money.

The Spurs deal came about with a minimum release clause and a hefty next sale clause.

load of steaming bollocks imho. Berbs wanted to add this clause when he was negiotiating a new contract and Levy straight away rejected it, so i fail to see why we'd agree one for Modric.

Aye, it's perfectly obvious that Modric said to himself, "Keegan didn't take me to the boot room for a one-on-one, so I'll go somewhere else for half the money that doesn't have any of this director of football type nonsense, like, er... Tottenham."

Guest Knightrider

Modric has been parked at Spurs, they don't really own him, he will be transfered a good few times during his career and if he has a really good season for them next, he could even be off the season after.

Modric has been parked at Spurs, they don't really own him, he will be transfered a good few times during his career and if he has a really good season for them next, he could even be off the season after.

Pretty much.

The player had no say in this transfer.

Interesting about the boot room theory, was it in a caravan?

As you've appeared, with a daft remark, perhaps you could reply to this and show all the younger lads you have the knowledge you think you do. Names etc to back up your claims [which are complete tosh, but there you go] which you have avoided to date.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=52559.msg1314753#msg1314753

In answer to your above, Keegan has said this on numerous occasions, as have some of the players he signed the first time.

Not really his job as far as I'm concerned.

Your wrong.

The Academy Director is the person who had did have major input who joins, stays & goes at Acadmeny level, will he be able to operate in freedom to dump the chosen men choices? Or will he only be able to dump the local lads who failed?

As you've appeared, with a daft remark, perhaps you could reply to this and show all the younger lads you have the knowledge you think you do. Names etc to back up your claims [which are complete tosh, but there you go] which you have avoided to date.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=52559.msg1314753#msg1314753

In answer to your above, Keegan has said this on numerous occasions, as have some of the players he signed the first time.

Keegan and Shearer met each other in Huddersfield according to Shearer.

Your wrong.

The Academy Director is the person who had did have major input who joins, stays & goes at Acadmeny level, will he be able to operate in freedom to dump the chosen men choices? Or will he only be able to dump the local lads who failed?

I don't think I'm wrong.

If the club are going out and spending money bringing in young players then I'd think they would have the first team manager make any decisions over whether they stay or not, it's not as if the lads being brought in are not old enough to sign a professional contract anyway (so far) so as far as the club are concerned they're good enough to come in past the mark where the academy director would have his say whether they can stay or or not.

Your wrong.

I don't think I'm wrong.

If the club are going out and spending money bringing in young players then I'd think they would have the first team manager make any decisions over whether they stay or not, it's not as if the lads being brought in are not old enough to sign a professional contract anyway (so far) so as far as the club are concerned they're good enough to come in past the mark where the academy director would have his say whether they can stay or or not.

Fair & balanced point :thup:

Although I dont think the first team coach is fully on message either.

Keegan and Shearer met each other in Huddersfield according to Shearer.

no names then ?

Take this all with a pinch of salt, think I posted it at the time but is worth regurgitating as it is probably just as likely as anything the press cook up:

I heard that the Mamic brothers made Modric go to Spurs instead of us because we refused to agree to some clauses.

The deal we wanted was the removal of third party control, as the Mamic brothers controlled all of Modric's decisions. We wanted the transfer to involve a buyout that would break Modric's contractual obligations to Mamic, passing on agent responsibilities to Peter Harrison.

Mamics weren't happy with this, they wanted to move Modric onto a bigger club in a couple of years and pocket more money.

The Spurs deal came about with a minimum release clause and a hefty next sale clause.

load of steaming bollocks imho. Berbs wanted to add this clause when he was negiotiating a new contract and Levy straight away rejected it, so i fail to see why we'd agree one for Modric.

because you want to defend Spurs on a Newcastle board? It's hardly like you are an impartial observer here on issues like this one.

Your wrong.

I don't think I'm wrong.

i'd like to think the first team manager would trust the advice and views of the academy manager but would overule him if he thinks he's spotted a talent that may have been missed.

perhaps you would like to explain the 3 years leading to jan 2008,managerial appointments,finances and why you think it was going to improve ?

(have fun on the rest of the forum lads, i'll keep him occupied here)

no names then ?

Just two from the boot room, Keegan and Shearer who met in Huddersfield according to Shearer. 

names from the link that you didn't reply to ?

Are you pissed ? In fact, forget that, you don't need to be

here it is again, just in case you are pissed .....

Back up your statements with names.

Pathetic.

perhaps you would like to explain the 3 years leading to jan 2008,managerial appointments,finances and why you think it was going to improve ?

I'm rather pleased for you that you appear to think that the new board have equalled those Champions League qualifications, as you appear to think they are "better".

I can't wait for all these 17 year old kids to turn into the new Maldini's. Also hope those other 19 pesky clubs in the premiership don't have the same idea that we've had in trying to find them, now why didn't anybody think of this before  mackems.gif

Are you another one of those who slate the people that attracted you back to the club ?

mackems.gif mackems.gif

I'm rather pleased for you that you appear to think that the new board have equalled those Champions League qualifications, as you appear to think they are "better".

I can't wait for all these 17 year old kids to turn into the new Maldini's. Also hope those other 19 pesky clubs in the premiership don't have the same idea that we've had in trying to find them, now why didn't anybody think of this before  mackems.gif

Are you another one of those who slate the people that attracted you back to the club ?

mackems.gif mackems.gif

no...i said the 3 years to jan 2008 and what made you think it would improve ?

and can you throw some light on "attracted you back to the club" ?

:lol:

Hook, line and sinker. 10pts to madras.

Dave, as you underlined and insisted I reply to your earlier questions, why not underline and insist that mick replies to mine ?

Or is it different when they agree with you ?

Also thought you said these threads were boring, when locking the discussion I was having with indi in the other thread ? Can't be that boring, as you again are making comments.

Contrary to what you think, its not a "hook line and sinker" at all. Other than proving people wrong, as usual, I don't really give a toss. I'm also a bit surprised that you are allowing this forum to sink to such depths, don't you usually lock threads where people do such things ?

Pathetic.

I'm not pissed at all thanks, just keeping on topic http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=52796.msg1328506#msg1328506 third paragraph.

mackems.gif mackems.gif

no...i said the 3 years to jan 2008 and what made you think it would improve ?

oh, appointing a good manager and backing him [ie like the ones who reached a couple of Cup Finals and qualified for europe more than everybody in the country bar 4 clubs] always improves things. Shame that the current manager is unhappy with his backing, which nobody has complained about for nearly 20 years, and he didn't himself during his first stint, but I'm sure you know best and assure us he was only joking 2 weeks ago.

But you being a KBJ, or a naive little lad, won't understand.

Pathetic.

I'm not pissed at all thanks, just keeping on topic http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=52796.msg1328506#msg1328506 third paragraph.

still no names then ?

Pathetic.

:lol:

Hook, line and sinker. 10pts to madras.

Dave, as you underlined and insisted I reply to your earlier questions, why not underline and insist that mick replies to mine ?

Or is it different when they agree with you ?

Also thought you said these threads were boring, when locking the discussion I was having with indi in the other thread ? Can't be that boring, as you again are making comments.

Contrary to what you think, its not a "hook line and sinker" at all. Other than proving people wrong, as usual, I don't really give a toss. I'm also a bit surprised that you are allowing this forum to sink to such depths, don't you usually lock threads where people do such things ?

You didn't answer my questions though did you? You've no more idea about what's going on than I do.

Your discussion with Mick is nothing to do with me, why try and twist things as you did earlier when mentioning Shepherd?

Cheer up.

Btw it's funny as fuck that you slate everyone for disliking the old board after ten years in charge, when here you are jumping on the new lot at every opportunity after only one.

Spot the hypocrisy.

This summer will tell us everything we need to know. Let's see what happens.