FA Cup Final 2008 won by Portsmouth

tmonkey

After watching the game i thought the atmosphere overall was pretty crap and the game could have done with a goal from Cardiff to make Portsmouth come out and play it more like a cup final than a league match ,Portsmouths celebrations from the players and the fans at the final whistle was a bit understated .I just get the impression it didnt mean as much to them imho.

Just seen a picture on the SSN web site of Nugent holding the cup.

Nowt personal against the lad really but it boils my piss at the injustice of it all that the likes of Shearer never got a winners medal but a player like him just got really lucky and will probably go on about his greatest achievement for the rest of his life.

Nowt personal against the lad really but it boils my piss at the injustice of it all that the likes of Shearer never got a winners medal but a player like him just got really lucky and will probably go on about his greatest achievement for the rest of his life.

Shearer won the league once :thup:

Yeah I know that. My point was that when Nugent retires, both him and Alan will have 1 major medal each and proves how lucky some players can be.

Yeah I know that. My point was that when Nugent retires, both him and Alan will have 1 major medal each and proves how lucky some players can be.

Does Alan Smith have a medal?

Aye, I thought the Pompey fans were terrible too, it was their first trophy since 1939 and it looked like they couldnt be arsed to be there.

If that was us, there probably would have been a pitch invasion, with the goalposts being dismantled and the pitch being tore up.

It would be bedlam.

No good moaning about either set of fans or the clubs involved - just another reason to be disgusted at the way we have fallen by the wayside in recent years..

Even clubs like Leicester(look where they are now.!!)can brag that they won a domestic trophy in recent memory and not when our parents were young people...!!!

No good moaning about either set of fans or the clubs involved - just another reason to be disgusted at the way we have fallen by the wayside in recent years..

Even clubs like Leicester(look where they are now.!!)can brag that they won a domestic trophy in recent memory and not when our parents were young people...!!!

Surely it's proof that a club's history shouldn't necessarily be defined by trophies won? Does Pompey's 8th place finish and FA Cup win over the last 50 years mean they're bigger than us now even though we've finished top 3 in England 4 times, been to 4 Cup Finals, and countless European campaigns? Course not.