FA Cup Final 2008 won by Portsmouth

tmonkey

Guest BooBoo

This whole game and atmosphere has been flat as a fart. You would think the Pompey fans would be ecstatic. Polite applause and flag waving seem to be all they can muster.  :thdn:

just got back in, seen from about 80 minutes onwards.  The updates I got on my phone made it sound out to be a bit of a bore.  Has it been?

Yes. I would say anti-climax, but it's kinda suited the build up.

ahh well.  There'll probably be needlessly long highlights later on.  I'll watch those if I can be arsed.

Pulling your own teeth would be more fun.

This whole game and atmosphere has been flat as a fart. You would think the Pompey fans would be ecstatic. Polite applause and flag waving seem to be all they can muster.  :thdn:

They're just stood with their arms folded even now.

Guest LucaAltieri

If Thompson had been on sooner Cardiff might have grabbed a goal.

Also, why the hell are Portsmouth letting Campbell go? He won everything again today. With Europe next season they really should be hanging on to him.

FA Cup finals are so boring! Last good one in the last however many years was West Ham 3-3 Liverpool.

How subdued could Redknapp be btw? Defining, finest moment of his managerial career... was an 'important win'. Fair enough. :undecided:

Everton, Portsmouth, Man City, Tottenham and Villa.

All in Europe next season (Villa through the intertoto).

Tough summer of recruitment for us  :undecided:

Are Man City confirmed? Read somewhere that Fulham might have got the fair play position.

Everton, Portsmouth, Man City, Tottenham and Villa.

All in Europe next season (Villa through the intertoto).

Tough summer of recruitment for us  :undecided:

Are Man City confirmed? Read somewhere that Fulham might have got the fair play position.

Man City confirmed yesterday, yes.

FA Cup finals are so boring! Last good one in the last however many years was West Ham 3-3 Liverpool.

How subdued could Redknapp be btw? Defining, finest moment of his managerial career... was an 'important win'. Fair enough. :undecided:

aye I thought the same.  It seems so flat.  Imagine if that was Newcastle, people would be falling over the seats going absolutely nuts, and I'd also imagine a few would have got onto the pitch.  Haven't seen any crying Cardiff fans either, although I just popped out the room.  Even though we were underdogs in '98 and '99, I still had a weep.

aye I thought the same.  It seems so flat.  Imagine if that was Newcastle, people would be falling over the seats going absolutely nuts, and I'd also imagine a few would have got onto the pitch.  Haven't seen any crying Cardiff fans either, although I just popped out the room.  Even though we were underdogs in '98 and '99, I still had a weep.

The semi-final defeat to Chelsea was more heartbreaking for me as we deserved to win it and I feel we would have beaten Villa in the final as well. That was absolutely gut wrenching. I was gutted though at both of those finals, mainly due to the fact we never showed up at all.

"The celebrations will go on for a long long time" - what, some gentle flag waving and polite applause?

Is this were NUFC, it'd be fucking pandemonium.

For two clubs who might never get this chance again, the atmosphere has been absolutely pitiful and I genuinely can't get over the Pompey fans. They don't even look arsed.