cheeky bastard bobby charlton

madras

quoted as saying it is "unethical and undermining" the way real madrid are courting ronaldo.

did he forget the way they wooed rio ferdinand,tapped up  jaap stam (and allegedly mexes)without getting their clubs permission ?

Man Utd are the kings of hypocrisy; they do/say this kind of thing all the time.

"There are a lot of hypocrites in football," said Sunderland's manager. "A manager was talking last week about respecting referees; the same manager has been sent off this season for foul and abusive language. If managers don't respect officials, how can you expect players to?"

ultimate plastic geordie

plastic manc shurley ?

doesn't even give pretend of being a geordie anymore. (quite pleased we aren't associated with the hypocritical git)

true as many say. the worst thing about man utd is the attitude that "we can do this but you can't" both on and off the pitch.

He was born a Geordie & will die a Geordie regardless of which football team he supports now.

theres a lot more to it than that. i know many die hard geordies who support teams outside the area.

He was born a Geordie & will die a Geordie regardless of which football team he supports now.

theres a lot more to it than that.

What more is it than that?

a feeling that the area is your home and a part of you.......he lost that years ago.

a feeling that the area is your home and a part of you.......he lost that years ago.

i have to say i agree.

With him living near Manchester & being board member of Man Utd as well as Manchester United legend , I can see how these things happen.

With him living near Manchester & being board member of Man Utd as well as Manchester United legend , I can see how these things happen.

yet i would still class his brother as a geordie

but they are both Geordies, only one of them in spirit ?

You could say he's a plastic geordie and a plastic manc then, but plastic mancs are nothing new.

I only know one Geordie myself who actually actively "supports" another club, he supports manure and I haven't seen him for years anway

I still think of Lawrie McMenemy as Geordie & he is Mr Southampton.

I still think of Lawrie McMenemy as Geordie & he is Mr Southampton.

:thup:

My brother was once flying out of Manchester airport and ended up in some first-class lounge at the same time as Bobby Charlton and a bunch of then (it was a while ago) Man U players. By my brother's account, they were all ribbing Charlton about the idea that he was a Geordie. "Do you hate mackems, then?" Gary Pallister kept asking. "No, I don't hate mackems," Charlton replied.

"He was born a Geordie "

well to split hairs hes wasnt really, but then thats using the same definition for geordie as for cockneys.....have to be born within 5miles of the river.  IF thats not good enough, then where does geordieland end and northumberland/durham start?? 

As he was born in ashington, that makes him a Northumbrian, and not a geordie.  Still better that than a manc i say!

"He was born a Geordie "

well to split hairs hes wasnt really, but then thats using the same definition for geordie as for cockneys.....have to be born within 5miles of the river.  IF thats not good enough, then where does geordieland end and northumberland/durham start?? 

As he was born in ashington, that makes him a Northumbrian, and not a geordie.  Still better that than a manc i say!

You can be a Northumbrian and a Geordie, I am as I was born before Tyne & Wear came about.

Disclaimer.

Piss off 2J, before you start.   :lol:

"He was born a Geordie "

You can be a Northumbrian and a Geordie, I am as I was born before Tyne & Wear came about.

Disclaimer.

Piss off 2J, before you start.    :lol:

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=52412.msg1327677#msg1327677

"He was born a Geordie "

Disclaimer.

Piss off 2J, before you start.    :lol:

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=52412.msg1327677#msg1327677

Class. :lol:

" I am as I was born before Tyne & Wear came about."

i realise they are doing away with Northub county council, but i dont think there is much danger of ashington being included in tyne and wear!!

SO i cant really see your point tbh. 

Maybe by some wierd quirk of a mistimed journey by mrs charlton, some of the charltons got borned in the RVI ?

Guest alex

ultimate plastic geordie

Supported the Mackems, didn't he ? It was Jack who followed Newcastle...

I think they both went to watch Newcastle as bairns. Wonderful player but I've never liked the bloke.